WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chris Burrous ktla anchorman dead at 43

Get415

Reaction score
Wow, what a loss. I loved the Burrous Bites segment. RIP

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sad news. He was always the funny one on the news and really enjoyed his Burrous Bites segment.

C-2

Reaction score
He was fun to watch on the weekends. I watch Fox 11 during the weekday mornings, but he dominated the weekend morning news. RIP

Meaney77

Reaction score
Sad news, he was a funny guy-we enjoyed watching him on the weekend and his Burros Bites segments...

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Wow. Been watching him for years. Found with a man? Overdose? WTF.

CanyonLakeDave

Reaction score
Ugh. I’ve watched KTLA morning news for years....decades actually. Very sad and RIP Mr. Burrous

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A lot of questions to be answered for sure. Why was he there, who was the man with him & was it an overdose? All we know right now is that he was in a motel room & it was called in as a medical emergency. Very sad for sure. He was a great on-air personality & always talked about his family. RIP Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expected the OD, but not a mid day drug induced sex bender post newscast at a seedy motel. Obviously he was living that part of his life in somewhat secrecy.

I remember he lost a bunch of weight a few years ago as well..

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Very sad, 5 is my go to every morning. Strange events surrounding his death.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Probably held off too long on 911,about 30 min to 1hr too late.The guy with him best be able to explain.

wzuber

Reaction score
I too was shocked when reported late last night on another news station. I always liked his on air personality and Burrous Bites segments too he always seemed so genuine. He left a wife and young daughter behind. Incomprehensible and so very sad. RIP Mr Burrous, you will be missed by so many.

4Waters

Reaction score
He broke his leg a few years back, I wouldn't be surprised if this problem started then, with the painkillers. Unfortunately another sad statistic for a bad problem we have here in the United States. RIP.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Until this last week Angela and I hadn't made it out to one of the many restaurants that he featured on Burrous Bites. Last Sunday he featured a little place in Camarillo and we were just happening to be around the corner from it for Christmas. We had a great breakfast before we headed back home to the mountains.
I generally don't weep over the loss of a celebrity, in fact I can only think of two other occasions. The loss of Ronald Reagan and Arnold Palmer. When Angela saw the news on Facebook last night, I was in disbelief and immediately lost my shit.
Weather you had met him or not, he always made everyone feel like you (myself included) were good friends. He was genuine, friendly, funny and a great family man. I am crushed thinking about what his family and especially his young daughter Isabella are going through right now.
Chris was one of a kind and truly irreplaceable.
You will be missed Burrous. Waking up on the weekends will never be the same.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I was shocked when I saw this. I somewhat knew him. He was a pretty genuine guy, same off camera as he was on. Invited him out on the boat but he never made it but he did comment about it on air...and his comments were classic. I'll see if I can find the video. RIP buddy.

GRADS

Reaction score
Eliminator in the news!!
28’ ICC with 525’s! Should of kept that boat Greg!!
I wanted to but the bank had other plans.:D

If you had the opportunity to get the boat back, would you?
It was an insanely awesome boat but Probably not. It would be a waste at this point because I have zero interest in going faster than 60-70 mph

wzuber

Reaction score
After seeing that video his wife prolly said "sure Chris, go hang out with that guy and his "friends" for the weekend, you work hard, you deserve a weekend of fun away, I'll stay home with the family." lol
I like his diversion to the gauges, well played sir.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the channel 5 news on the weekends. He was quirky but did some funny things. One time he left in the middle of the news cast to pick up some Jack-in-the-Box tacos because one of the girls hadn’t ever had any.

What I find strange is that TMZ hasn’t picked up the story. How does a very popular L.A. news caster who dies in a seedy motel of a possible overdose not make their headlines?? Maybe someone over there is a little too close to the story ...

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the channel 5 news on the weekends. He was quirky but did some funny things. One time he left in the middle of the news cast to pick up some Jack-in-the-Box tacos because one of the girls hadn’t ever had any.

What I find strange is that TMZ hasn’t picked up the story. How does a very popular L.A. news caster who dies in a seedy motel of a possible overdose not make their headlines?? Maybe someone over there is a little too close to the story ...
And the plot thickens...

GRADS

Reaction score
Been the top story on Yahoo all day, just sad. Curious as to what drugs.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
People lead secret lives. Often times it will play out way past what the public expects when it comes to celebrities. To me, personal stuff like this should not be of concern unless there are ramifications that truly affect innocence. I feel really bad for his Family and hope they find solace.

rrrr

Reaction score
Days Inn, Glendale, not a good sign.

I don't know the area well, but being in the middle of North Hollywood, La Cañada, and Pasadena, I would think Glendale isn't a bad area.

Of course, the last time I was in that part of Greater LA was 1991. :confused:

boatpi

Reaction score
Some crazy news sorry but I can't do the link from my phone .
Coroners report came back he died of a meth overdose with poppers up his ass in a bondage situation with another dude.
OMG!

Reactions: DWC

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Some crazy news sorry but I can't do the link from my phone .
Coroners report came back he died of a meth overdose with poppers up his ass in a bondage situation with another dude.
OMG!

Whats a popper? lol...

boatpi

Reaction score
Gay guys can use small balloons or fin containers that contain stimulants, including meth, put them up their ass and during intercourse it releases the agent which causes various sensations and reactions. Just another hole to put something up.

Hey, I was a cop and I work Vice, there's some crazy shit and I never worked Hollywood, but you could write novels on that place.

rrrr

Reaction score
KTLA Anchor Chris Burrous Died of Meth Toxicity; Death Ruled Accidental: Coroner's Office

http://on.ktla.com/bcSnD

The KTLA reports aren't providing the details of the OD, but that's not surprising.

I doubt his wife was aware of the involvement in motel sex and drugs activities. What a cruel revelation that must have been for her, and the burden of having to explain it to their daughter.

Ugh.

rrrr

Reaction score
Gay guys can use small balloons or fin containers that contain stimulants put them up their ass and during intercourse it releases the agent which causes various sensations and reactions. Just another hole to put something up.

Hey, I was a cop and I work Vice, there's some crazy shit and I never worked Hollywood, but you could write novels on that place.

My sister was an ER nurse at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston for 20 years. It's the county hospital, and a Level 1 truama center.

She had some pretty crazy stories about the variety of objects that had to be retrieved surgically from the body orfices of male partygoers.

:eek:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I doubt his wife was aware of the involvement in motel sex and drugs activities. What a cruel revelation that must have been for her, and the burden of having to explain it to their daughter.
I don’t think there was any.
Refer to post #9;)
He must have really pissed them off! :eek:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
He is a piece of shit if his wife knew nothing of this kind of behavior. If she did and had no problem with it the only one I feel bad for is the daughter and the burden she will eventually carry.

I suspect it was a secret life but of course have no knowlesge.

I thought he was pretty genuine but now......just another fucked up self gratifying asshole with no regard for his family.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
He is a piece of shit if his wife knew nothing of this kind of behavior. If she did and had no problem with it the only one I feel bad for is the daughter and the burden she will eventually carry.

I suspect it was a secret life but of course have no knowlesge.

I thought he was pretty genuine but now......just another fucked up self gratifying asshole with no regard for his family.

You don’t REALLY know anyone.

You give someone enough money and/or fame most people don’t handle it well..

Last edited: