WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

...Chris Karamesines Set To Retire...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
94A5016D-7DF6-4961-8B19-0AAABE8481A5.png
...Going to hang it up at the end of the season and his granddaughter Krista Baldwin will take over the wheel of his Top Fuel car...(NHRA records say that he is 89 but the truth is he was born in 1928 and this coming November 11 he will be 92)...you’ve got ti hand it to the guy👍..
3BC69905-78E1-4574-BD29-A4521EFA42EC.png

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Good for him! He's had the chance to do what some of us dream about, and done it for a literal lifetime.

I'd be curious as to how many miles he's clocked in a fuel car, and how many gallons of nitro he's burned :cool:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Wow, 89 great career. "The Greek" is a great guy and definitely 1 of a kind.
According to a good friend of his and one of his crew guys from the 60s Jack Weimer who was the original upholstery guy on full custom garage on TV ...the Greek was born in 1928 and the Greek actually is actually 91 and will be 92 Nov 11...???

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I remember going Sat nights at Irwindale to watch him Tommy Ivo etc ...
...Funny you should mention Ivo... I called a friend yesterday to find out if another mutual friend of ours was a bullshitter about having a Learjet???...he didn’t know about the Learjet deal but he told me that he had just bought from his friend Ivo ...his Poison Ivo helmet and jacket..
....Ivo put peanut shells in the seat of the Fueler I drove... that was his indoctrination to...so you want to drive a fuel car...

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
...Funny you should mention Ivo... I called a friend yesterday to find out if another mutual friend of ours was a bullshitter about having a Learjet???...he didn’t know about the Learjet deal but he told me that he had just bought from his friend Ivo ...his Poison Ivo helmet and jacket..
....Ivo put peanut shells in the seat of the Fueler I drove... that was his indoctrination to...so you want to drive a fuel car...
what fueler did you drive?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I am wondering... if Krista is a good fit in top fuel...whether Schumaker will throw money at her team ...the chassis is a Schumacher given to the Greek by Don Schumacher... The parts and pieces are the Greeks... I have talked to Krysta on the phone..,she is a sweetheart and smart as a whip...(Jack Weimer the original upholsterer from Full Custom Garage... had gone missing for a few weeks ...he was not answering texts or emails from Chicago and I can’t remember exactly how it happened but somehow I was given her phone number as they are friends).., I just remembered ...a female bartender in Burbank and myself were talking about dragracing...it turns out that I think she is related to Don Schumaker possibly stepdaughter or something like that and she told me that if anybody would know where Jack Weimer was it would be Krista... and gave me her phone number... I think she lives in Upland???... turns out Jack was fine he was just tired of our bullshit on the West Coast for a while...
... I wish her nothing but the best In her new endeavorđź‘Ť...