WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Christmas Eve

zhandfull

Reaction score
Christmas Eve.

A little different this year. First time ever staying home. Usually do it at moms with brother, sister, nieces and nephews.

Both wife and I have people we work with that have been out in December due to COVID. Listening to the news the world is unraveling and hospitals systems are on verge of collapsing. No way I’m getting tested unless I have symptoms. Mixed feelings about the whole situation but feel better knowing if family outside my household gets sick it will not be from me.

Anybody else playing it safe or is it full steam ahead for your Christmas plans?

DWC

Reaction score
Playing it safe here. Cancelled tomorrow with mom, brother and family. No big in law party due tonight due to the Vid. We’ll do Xmas in July or double up next year.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There was no chance my brother and his wife would travel...hell, I don't think they leave their house, or haven't for months.

My brother in law and his girl were going to head out after shift tomorrow morning. Well, he called this morning. One of his partners, the guy with the locker next to his, has been out for 2 days. Fever, chills and just tested positive. He gave us the choice...and we told him not to make the drive. Not only due to "underlying conditions" here, but we'd feel like crap if he or his girl got sick 7hrs from home. Kids are a bit bummed, but they get it. With the current shitshow rising in LA county, he's thinking they may put him on call or 12/12 in January.

Never really thought I'd say this, but want the little F'r to stay safe. Strange days...for every family.

Javajoe

Reaction score
No huge annual mom and dad gig. We all just did a Zoom meeting with like 15 log Ins. I got 4 brothers and 4 sisters and parents are 97 and 94 so we all are playing it safe. Normally a huge gathering at my parents.
We did stop by my parents real quick and brought them food and a gift. Dads still going strong at 97
02C2E09B-A3B3-4F31-8E55-DF34CE42972F.png

Last edited:

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Staying home. Had 4 test positive at work. Same floor, but only share hallways and restrooms. Two from groups are home with symptoms, they are off for two weeks.staying home considering my mom and family.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Guess I’m a little surprised. Thought I would get a lot more screw it, we aren’t changing a thing and doing the normal Christmas program.

My mom was like you were the one that didn’t want to cancel Thanksgiving so we did it. I’m like yeah but things have changed a lot in the last month. Lot more people around me have tested positive. I will confirm that none have been considered close contact but better safe than sorry.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Christmas Eve.

A little different this year. First time ever staying home. Usually do it at moms with brother, sister, nieces and nephews.

Both wife and I have people we work with that have been out in December due to COVID. Listening to the news the world is unraveling and hospitals systems are on verge of collapsing. No way I’m getting tested unless I have symptoms. Mixed feelings about the whole situation but feel better knowing if family outside my household gets sick it will not be from me.

Anybody else playing it safe or is it full steam ahead for your Christmas plans?

Exact same situation here.
Normally my brothers and each of our families spend the holidays back at our moms. Pulled the plug this year. Too much COVID too close, and my immune system is compromised. We each stayed home.

Last edited:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Tonight at home with just the wife and dog.
20 years ago and many years before, my parents did the grand feast. Food for 50, 20 people at most. My wife and mother would spend 3 days preparing. Leftovers for a week after. At the time, I didn’t enjoy it, now I miss it.
Merry Christmas to everyone and have a great New Year

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Christmas Eve has always been a get together with friends for holiday cocktails. That didn't happen this year :mad: Today my wife is cooking for just us and our son, my dad and a nephew. Keeping it small.