WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

christmas party games

wzuber

Reaction score
whatcha all doin for family type christmas party games to entertain the family members and help prevent the dreadful conversations of work or lack there of, political arguments etc. etc. The "white elephant" and the 3 steals game were worn out years ago. What is the rest of the world doing for holiday entertainment?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
whatcha all doin for family type christmas party games to entertain the family members and help prevent the dreadful conversations of work or lack there of, political arguments etc. etc. The "white elephant" and the 3 steals game were worn out years ago. What is the rest of the world doing for holiday entertainment?
Delicious Craft Beer and an endless supply. If one messes up and starts talking politics they are cut off. :D
Not much of a game but a game changer. :eek:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We often played the Balderdash game after a few cocktails and laughed our asses off at some of the fictitious definitions we came up with.
Lighthearted game of whits and deception.
Screenshot_20191217-172247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Scavenger Hunt for the kids.
Have them take a pic of what they find.

Even for adults...
- Find the rum
- Throw eggnog in the trash
- Epstein didn’t kill himself [emoji4]

Trivia also works.

Here’s what my wife put together for our party with friends & their kids this year.

IMG_3279.JPG
IMG_3278.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mswasey

Reaction score
Jackbox.tv is good. You buy a party pack for like $22, then you have access to games like Quiplash (selectable for adult or family friendly content). People in the room can sign in on their phones and participate. Sounds more complicated than it is, it’s really easy and gets hilarious. It’ll entertain for an hour or two, pretty good.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Kings Cup is always a good adult drinking game.

BlowMe

Reaction score
My big group of friends always has a huge poker/drunk party every Christmas eve. Normally stays going till around 2 a.m. Normally starts with poker, then it will move on to circle of death, then a side game of left right center starts and then usually a game of spoons breaks out on the poker table. Always a good time.

rivergames

Reaction score
LCR was a huge hit at my X-Mas party Friday night. Kept us going to 6:45am Saturday mornin!

We also played it T-Day weekend and had a blast with family and friends. $3 has never been so important!

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We do Rumikube, Cards Against Humanity and puzzles. Typically keeps politics out of the conversation but we're all on the same team so it doesn't matter. Gets a little irritating when someone jumps on the soapbox but that's pretty rare and it's usually me. :D

SoCalDave

Reaction score
LCR, Spoons and We'll be reintroducing Jackass again this year.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
As the guests arrive have them put their car keys in a bowl. After a few drinks have the women pick out a set of keys without looking, then...oh wait this isn’t Hot Boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Just got my liar's dice
liar.jpg
Always time for drinking pong
20191128_2026101.jpg

Babyback

Reaction score
A game called watch ya month...but with either Christmas Jingles or Christmas movies

2168A054-5FB8-4F77-B7C1-509BCB9D7A88.jpeg

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Do tell, I stil have mario kart and a Nintendo 64 lol

Im going to preface this by saying Beerio Kart is for professionals. No, Susan, you're not a professional with your stupid Wii remote.

The object of the game is, obviously, to win. To win, players must must consume an entire freshly opened beer (or drink of choice) within the duration of a single Mario Kart race. The twist here is that you cannot drink while driving because drinking and driving is bad....duh. This means complete stop... Like, a stop sign in a school zone with a cop staring at you stop. Try and cheat by drinking while rolling/skidding/reversing or by taking premature sips, the traffic cop (spectators) will pull you over (take away your controller) and you automatically lose. If you finish the race without having finished your beer, you automatically lose. The person that comes in last place and/or cheats, takes a shot of choice.

Good luck, and god speed

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We always played Catch Phrase when we were younger at any of the big holiday dinners. Led to some of the best stories that included the entire side of the extended family. I believe there are both kid and adult versions as well
Im going to preface this by saying Beerio Kart is for professionals. No, Susan, you're not a professional with your stupid Wii remote.

The object of the game is, obviously, to win. To win, players must must consume an entire freshly opened beer (or drink of choice) within the duration of a single Mario Kart race. The twist here is that you cannot drink while driving because drinking and driving is bad....duh. This means complete stop... Like, a stop sign in a school zone with a cop staring at you stop. Try and cheat by drinking while rolling/skidding/reversing or by taking premature sips, the traffic cop (spectators) will pull you over (take away your controller) and you automatically lose. If you finish the race without having finished your beer, you automatically lose. The person that comes in last place and/or cheats, takes a shot of choice.

Good luck, and god speed
Damn! That sounds fun!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We tell everybody to bring $5 bucks in quarters and play Left Center Right for a few hours. It's a fast & fun game. :D
lcr04.jpg

rvrrun

Reaction score
We play Beerio Kart
Friday night has always been open house at our place, we used to play Burnout Paradise tossing the remote to the next person when you crash. Throttle had to be held wide open at all times and most people got better the more they had to drink.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Trailer Park Bingo ~ my cousin always has little gifts for prizes, but I’m thinking you could ante up to make it interesting. No limit on the number of players (just need enough decks of cards) & good for kids and adults.

“Telestrations” is a great game, especially if you’ve been drinking. We play at Lake Powell every year. Again, good for kids and adults but you’re limited on players, as I think the largest player box only includes 12. Or buy 2 boxes. Perfect when you have people who can’t draw.

LRC is good for a group, as is Bunco, Golf & Tripoly. Again, good way to include kids and keep them off their phones. Our group is usually playing Hearts or Pinochle as well.

When I was a kid my dad thought it’d be great for us all to sing Christmas carols together, copied off song sheets for everyone ~ #WORSTIDEAEVER.

“Lucky’s Wife”

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Per person, you need two grapefruits and one pair of pantyhose.

Drop one grapefruit down one leg of the pantyhose and tie the other leg around your waist, so the grapefruit will swing freely between your legs.

Put the other grapefruit on the ground, and try to wack it with the one between your legs.

Get about 4 people doing this to get from point A to point B.

Everyone will laugh their ass off. Especially after a few drinks!

Joe mama

Reaction score
L R C. Fun for the young kids too. Lots of people means lot of dough