WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Christmas presents for the wife

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Nothing.. Been giving the same thing over 25 years.
If you buy what you want during the whole year--then why do I (or anyone) have to go out and buy something extra just for Christmas.
I get her the same thing for her B-Day and Anniversary

This.

When we got married my wife said she didn't want an anniversary present every year, but every 5 years she wanted diamonds. I said great. After 15 years she said no more diamonds.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
The same thing she get me, nothing don't do gifts on holidays anymore.

Any advice on how to upgrade to this stage?

I'm still trying to figure out if she REALLY wants a vaccume cleaner or if it is a trap. It feels like a trap but she says...

Socalx09

Reaction score

I'm still trying to figure out if she REALLY wants a vaccume cleaner or if it is a trap. It feels like a trap but she says...
Does she want a Dyson cordless vacuum? I’d say not a trap if that’s the vacuum she wants.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Something that goes 0-60 really fast and fits in the garage.

t__49332.1611555857.jpg

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Get her a Louis wallet and bag. They are expensive but for the most part timeless and are a store of value as well. She can then trade them or sell etc and recoup most of the money to put towards the next one.

My wife has a whole closet full of LV and Gucci purses, totes (not to be confused as a purse im told), backpacks, and wallets....when people say, well they store value, its not always true...try selling one for anything near what you paid for it, not going to happen, maybe 50% on the dollar, and at that point you might as well keep it...most people are going to assume its fake....you can sell on one of the highend websites but you only get a portion of the selling price....I have tried to convince her to buy gently used ones from other people like her that have taken the hit from the store...but nope, not gonna happen....

That being said...I am pretty sure she is getting this one for xmas....I don't know, I think this is the one she showed me that shes buying...lol
purse.jpg

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
There’s nothing more romantic than purchasing a dock…….. Just saying

Actually, if she wants something expensive……. I’ll buy a shopping cart full of groceries.

All kidding aside…….. I am looking at this thread for ideas?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This year has been like Christmas through out With all the things that we bought for the AZ house. Not really sure what she really needs at this point but I some of the best years are the ones that I went over the top and bought more than she had expected. Not sure what I am going to do. Maybe a road trip to see a few national parks that are on our bucket list in UT.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

turn 65 and have a wife that can be cheap sometimes. We get what we need whenever we need it so no need to wait for gift giving season. I personally do not like Christmas anymore.

Hypnautic

Reaction score

Next time you go shopping for any item (purse, car, appliance, etc) just pick the furthest holiday from that date and tell her you will get it as a gift.
If she agrees to wait for that holiday--great you know what to buy.
If she wants it now--just let her know you will not be getting her anything else and that opens up to the bigger conversation.

I had the conversation with my wife when we were dating. Told her straight out--I do not buy B-Day, Holiday cards or flowers. I like to buy things I want to enjoy when I want so I do not buy just for Holidays or B-Day, etc. . She agreed it was best to get them now to enjoy vs waiting. The getting no gifts was presented in a way that felt like she was making the choice--so I dont get any pushback during the "special days"

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
This year we are buying experiences / trips. This year I pick and I think the wife and I will get Nashville and the kids will each get a single parent trip. Dad & Son likely Austin and Mom & Daughter maybe New Orleans. Next year wife picks the destinations and we switch kids.

East Wood

Reaction score
wife has never had a nice purse or bag, i was thinking of surprising her with one. dont even know where to start looking.

Shes a good girl, thrifty, she buys purses on clearance and never more t han 50$ so i thought this would be nice.

ironically, her sister (who has no business owning 1 designer purse) owns about 10. Poor as fuck but only cares what people see.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
wife has never had a nice purse or bag, i was thinking of surprising her with one. dont even know where to start looking.

Shes a good girl, thrifty, she buys purses on clearance and never more t han 50$ so i thought this would be nice.

ironically, her sister (who has no business owning 1 designer purse) owns about 10. Poor as fuck but only cares what people see.
It would be best to buy it with her and let her pick.. Women and purses have this weird connection and its got be right or it stays in the closet.

Depending on your location, try Fashion Island it has all the brands...

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Don’t know, but I can tell you what NOT to get her.

A fancy Dishwasher.

To get out of the dog house, I had to give her the diamond bracelet I bought for my girlfriend.

BF2AD36D-5B98-4D96-9D8E-500754945388.jpeg

The story, all names, characters, and incident portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Last edited:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Have a serious conversation with her about it. (Safe way to do it) If she agrees no more presents then you buy a present, but keep it hidden. Then if she has a present for you can give her the one you bought.

(Not a safe way to do it) Don't have a standby gift and if she gets you one then say WTF we talked about this. Then if she is pissed to bad.

Reactions: DLC

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
My wife has a whole closet full of LV and Gucci purses, totes (not to be confused as a purse im told), backpacks, and wallets....when people say, well they store value, its not always true...try selling one for anything near what you paid for it, not going to happen, maybe 50% on the dollar, and at that point you might as well keep it...most people are going to assume its fake....you can sell on one of the highend websites but you only get a portion of the selling price....I have tried to convince her to buy gently used ones from other people like her that have taken the hit from the store...but nope, not gonna happen....
That being said...I am pretty sure she is getting this one for xmas....I don't know, I think this is the one she showed me that shes buying...lol
View attachment 1170752
it’s dependent on the bag. Run of the mill types don’t hold value as well while others that are more unique and rare can actually increase in value. However even with common ones my wife hasn’t taken a 50percent hit.

This is only the case with lv bags. Gucci and others plummet on the secondary market due to the fact you can get them new from grey market dealers.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please DM me the discount code…THANKS

The code is for $100 off. Not a ton, but better than nothing! Occasionally they bump it up to $200, but it doesn't appear to be that way right now.

The code to use at checkout is: JA9BEC

Link below:

East Wood

Reaction score
It would be best to buy it with her and let her pick.. Women and purses have this weird connection and its got be right or it stays in the closet.

Depending on your location, try Fashion Island it has all the brands...
good idea, thanks man

Socalx09

Reaction score
Well I got my present way early… as he said, ”this is an infusion, anniversary, Christmas, valentine, birthday gift and not to bother him in the garage when he’s angry gift.” Lol. Happy jewelers for the win here! I better step up my gift game now.

5A192510-6664-4A84-9310-96D6FBD5263C.jpeg

8EA335BF-BDF7-418B-93F9-3821DEA1988D.jpeg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Wife wants a new iWatch and iPad.
Not sure what I will get her. I hate giving those as gifts.

I told her I want the middle step-son who told us Monday he does not want to go back to college out of the house :) He had a full ride via my checkbook and said college was too difficult. My answer = Life is hard, you just made it harder. Rent is due 1.1.2023 or you will be evicted 01.14.2023. - slept in my office since Monday. Was finally told today I can slept in our bed :)

Look at the bright side, the kid just saved you six figures from turning him into a communist. Double bonus if you ask me 🤣

SLT Kota

Reaction score
Does she want a Dyson cordless vacuum? I’d say not a trap if that’s the vacuum she wants.
Her Dyson gets in today, thank you for the advice.

Your husband is making the rest of us look bad, just when I thought I was done Christmas shopping...

j21black

Reaction score
Got my Mom a candle that says "Having Me as a Son is the Only Gift You Need"

Need to see if they make one for the wife.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Her Dyson gets in today, thank you for the advice.

Your husband is making the rest of us look bad, just when I thought I was done Christmas shopping...
She is going to love it. It cuts the vacuuming time in half and makes it easy.

Haha…it probably helps that I don’t complain how much money goes into his toys.. I’m scared to know sometimes. I think he’s about to pick up a RC car hobby soon.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
My wife told me she didn't want anything for Christmas but to spend time with me on Christmas day. I love her so much and have reserved myself to the fact that this is going to be the most expensive Christmas I've had in a long time.

golakers

Reaction score

Posted a like new LV in “everything else” forum. Again. Make sure it’s a bag she will use. 😎😎

attitude

Reaction score
Fiancée wants a new pan set, I’m more of a BBQ guy and have no idea what’s good in the kitchen. Any suggestions? Looking stay in the $300 range and definitely under $500.

Reactions: DLC

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Fiancée wants a new pan set, I’m more of a BBQ guy and have no idea what’s good in the kitchen. Any suggestions? Looking stay in the $300 range and definitely under $500.
calphalon, all-clad, made in.

Ask her if she wants non stick or stainless so you dont blow that part.

BabyRay

Reaction score
My wife is getting a kitchen update. We needed a new fridge, and it’s become a $60k project.

To top it off, the new fridge and freezer have arrived but won’t fit the current space, and our old fridge died a couple of days ago, so I had to buy a cheap fridge to get by until the cabinets are in! 🤷‍♂️

But I’m still buying her Christmas gifts. They’re a relative drop in the bucket, and she’ll appreciate it, so why not. 😊

DLC

Reaction score
This year has been like Christmas through out With all the things that we bought for the AZ house. Not really sure what she really needs at this point but I some of the best years are the ones that I went over the top and bought more than she had expected. Not sure what I am going to do. Maybe a road trip to see a few national parks that are on our bucket list in UT.

heated seats for the can am! Maybe a windshield….She will love it !!

DLC

Reaction score
Costco, my wife is always looking at them !!