WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Christmas Tree Tear Down🤬

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
There got to be an easier way to do this. We always get a live 8’ to 9’ live tree right after Thanksgiving. The tree was properly cared for but dried to a crisp, just touch it and needles were dropping.We took it down yesterday and oh what a mess i had, needles everywhere. I’ll be vacuuming needles for a month. Is there an easier way???🤬😎

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
A broom. Those needles cause havoc for anything other than a shop vac or broom.

floatn turd

Reaction score
We do fake trees.
But
How bout slide a tarp underneath it, pull the sides up and carry the hole thing out?

Icky

Reaction score
Our tree always come wrapped in plastic because it's flocked.....We untie the bag at the top and slide it down the tree, hide it underneath it until we are finished with it. When we are done, slide the plastic bag up and tie it at the top which keeps mostly everything contained while transporting it outside.

Apex svt

Reaction score
Just went through this, total mess. I swept the carpet to get most of them into a pile to scoop with a pan then vacuum after that.

Then, I let the tree know how thrilled I was to clean up.
5AD257F9-EA2D-4281-BB19-70AA25302C98.png

Nordie

Reaction score
Don't they sell those bags that you leave under the tree skirt?

We prefer fake trees for 2 reasons, prelit, and no needles everywhere.

DWC

Reaction score
Oh it

It would go up in flames in seconds!!!😎
We lived in Balboa the first Christmas. Took the tree out to the fire pits for a bonfire right after Christmas. It was shocking how fast it went up in flames. It was a cartoon episode. Cut trees scared the shit out of me every year after.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
That’s the wife’s department. I just have to carry everything to the shed and put it away.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
There got to be an easier way to do this. We always get a live 8’ to 9’ live tree right after Thanksgiving. The tree was properly cared for but dried to a crisp, just touch it and needles were dropping.We took it down yesterday and oh what a mess i had, needles everywhere. I’ll be vacuuming needles for a month. Is there an easier way???🤬😎

Take all the ornaments off it, then grab a can of Flex Seal spray and spray the whole tree down with it (might need to tarp up whatever else is around it). Let it dry then just haul the tree out.

poncho

Reaction score
We lived in Balboa the first Christmas. Took the tree out to the fire pits for a bonfire right after Christmas. It was shocking how fast it went up in flames. It was a cartoon episode. Cut trees scared the shit out of me every year after.
My neighbor is in her 80's and I always help her where I can. Last year she put her tree out at the curb and I knew no one was going to take it so I grabbed it and cut it into 3 pieces for my firepit.
I have a pergola with a metal shield over the pit, only thing that has blackened the cedar in 3 years, never see a live tree in my house again, scared the shit out of me.

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
The wife ask me to go to the garage and get the "tree box" when I walked back in less than 10 mins later the folded tree was ready to go back in its Box for another year

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Dry evergreens burn like gasoline, they'll even explode (which is pretty cool). We do fake trees, but there are times I miss a "real" tree I'm the house.