WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chyyyyyyyna

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Evergrande Bonds Halted Amid Liquidation Panic As Contagion Spreads To Other Chinese Junk
teaser image
D-Day for "China's Lehman" may have finally arrived.
MON SEP 6, AT 8:40 AM

With algos busy chasing upward momentum in futures and global stocks, the biggest - if largely ignored story - remain the ongoing collapse of "China's Lehman", the $300+ billion China Evergrande, where following our earlier reports (see below) that a bank run emerged among creditors of the biggest and most indebted Chinese developer as its bonds were no longer eligible collateral in the repo market after a ratings downgrade, on Monday the rout went from bad to catastrophic as various Evergrande bonds crashed amid a liquidation frenzy, prompting China's stock exchanges to halt trade.

The Shanghai Stock Exchange said in a statement that it had temporarily suspended trading in China Evergrande Group's 6.98% July 2022 corporate bond following "abnormal fluctuations." The exchange had also suspended trading in the bond on Friday.

Shanghai exchange data showed the bonds sliding more than 25% to a low of 40.18 yuan after the resumption of trade on Monday afternoon. The company's 5.9% May 2023 Shenzhen-traded bond , which was also suspended, fell more than 35% after trading resumed. China Chengxin International Credit Rating Co (CCXI) downgraded Evergrande and its onshore bonds to AA from AAA on Thursday, and placed the company and its bonds on a watchlist for further downgrades, effectively freezing the company out of the repo market.

Wealthy investors are demanding repayment and might not get it?!!!!!

So sad. 😂

Backlash

Reaction score
Evergrande....worthless. Just like the rest of the 'quality' products that are "Made in China." 🤣

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Evergrande Bonds Tumble After Report Of Technical Default; Contagion Slams China Property Market
teaser image
Evergrande plans to suspend interest payments on loans from two banks due Sept. 21, and asked a lender to wait for instructions about an extension plan.
WED SEP 8, AT 6:51 AM

The insolvent Evergrande has become one of the biggest financial worries in China, the epicenter of a potential default shockwave given its massive pile of $305 billion in liabilities to banks, shadow lenders, companies, investors, vendors and home buyers. Investor fears that a default is imminent have led to a crash in the firm’s bonds in recent weeks, which are now trading as if the company is already broke, and triggered fears about contagion risk in the broader credit market.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Regor! PAY ATTENTION FOLKS...This could be the catalyst for our markets. If you look at the US GDP updated number from Atlanta fed...the Economy is not doing well and the stock market has not caught up. Our bond market HAS (10 year treasuries.)

we are not looking at inflation...it’s deflation that is right around the corner.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Thanks Regor! PAY ATTENTION FOLKS...This could be the catalyst for our markets. If you look at the US GDP updated number from Atlanta fed...the Economy is not doing well and the stock market has not caught up. Our bond market HAS (10 year treasuries.)

we are not looking at inflation...it’s deflation that is right around the corner.
Don't worry about it! The smart people say it'll just be a "small correction"...
:oops:

hallett21

Reaction score
Do they have a large amount of US investments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRod82

Reaction score

I've been preaching this for the past year ....the fact you cannot go down to the Ford dealership and buy a new F150 is an absolute death sentence to a good economy. Lack of sales due to people being broke and lack of sales because of material shortages are two very different things. Amazing how many people are ignoring the GDP number. I'm not saying it's going to crash, but all the ingredients are there for a serious correction.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Do they have a large amount of US investments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe so, they hold Chyna's ghost cities. The group is also involved in property construction, hotel operations, finance business, internet business, and health industry business.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I've been preaching this for the past year ....the fact you cannot go down to the Ford dealership and buy a new F150 is an absolute death sentence to a good economy. Lack of sales due to people being broke and lack of sales because of material shortages are two very different things. Amazing how many people are ignoring the GDP number. I'm not saying it's going to crash, but all the ingredients are there for a serious correction.

Beige Book Reveals Not Just Stagflation But Record Shortages Of Everything
teaser image
Venezuela here we come.
WED SEP 8, AT 11:19 AM

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Look out below!!!

12A60F32-79E2-4A7D-92CB-2D9BBA80FFB1.jpeg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Look out below!!!

View attachment 1049064

The virus was released to control Hong Kong (and other) protesters. Let’s not forget that at the time, there were an estimated 7 million people protesting government controls in countries all over the world.

If these turn into more “hit the street” protests, I guarantee you that we’ll see some new covid variants that are so contagious, they’ll require even more draconian lockdowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
The virus was released to control Hong Kong (and other) protesters. Let’s not forget that at the time, there were an estimated 7 million people protesting government controls in countries all over the world.

If these turn into more “hit the street” protests, I guarantee you that we’ll see some new covid variants that are so contagious, they’ll require even more draconian lockdowns.

Yep those protests were a threat and now they're threatening to fly fighters over mainland Taiwan yesterday.

China Threatens Drastic Action If Taiwan Changes Name Of D.C. Office: 'We'll Fly PLA Jets Directly Over Island'
teaser image
Chinese state media lashes out over reports the US is "seriously considering" adding "Taiwan" to name of diplomatic office...
MON SEP 13, AT 10:30 AM

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Evergrande Suspends Trading In All Bonds
teaser image

Earlier today we pointed out that in what can (obviously) only be a remarkable coincidence, China's largest, and most systematically important real estate developer, China Evergrande (and its $300+ billion in debt), collapsed on the 13th anniversary of Lehman's bankruptcy filing, when Beijing told Evergrande's creditor banks that the insolvent company, which recently hired Houlihan Lokey as bankruptcy advisor, would not pay interest on its debt next week, nor would it repay principal, in effect previewing the coming technical default.

And yet there was some trace of hope, because as Forte Securities trader Keith Temperton said "The Asian banks will get hit hard if there's a default, but then there will be a 10-year recovery process. The market's getting a hang of it. The way they've managed the news flow seems quite clever. They haven't let a swathe of bad news at once" giving investors and creditors some hope that the money could still miraculously reappear.

Not any more: in an exchange filing on Thursday, Evergrande's main unit (onshore real estate) said that trading in all of its onshore bonds would be suspended on Sept 16 to ensure fair information disclosure following a downgrade to A from AA (which in China is viewed as the lowest investment grade rating) by China Chengxin International, to wit:

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm not an economist, or investor type, but this effects "the world market" doesn't it? China's economy is built on a solid foundation of BS, and ours isn't much different. If one starts circling the drain, won't the other follow?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wow... 700 points in the morning trading? Damn.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm not an economist, or investor type, but this effects "the world market" doesn't it? China's economy is built on a solid foundation of BS, and ours isn't much different. If one starts circling the drain, won't the other follow?

Is all of history, there’s are exactly zero fiat currencies that have not failed.

Zero.

And now we’re awash in fiat currencies…

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
New World Order starts with a Great Depression to execute the reset, but I could be wrong 🤔
View attachment 1051377

The shit storm we are in for from an economic collapse isn't even close to what we are currently witnessing in this country. It is the trigger of all triggers and this country will lose their fucking minds!!!

They're going to pull the plug at some point and when they do, it will be pure chaos with the mental state of today's pussified citizenry.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Pretty soon, the "experts" will begin talking about a "soft landing" like they did in 08.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Doesn't have any money, can't even send out checks for his infrastructure bill, anyone with 3% of their brain working saw this coming.

well the infrastructure bill is for America,
He’ll need a different bill for China, and what congressperson wouldn’t approve that?

c_land

Reaction score