WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cigarette 39 GTS Center Console

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yesterday we posted the 41 Nighthawk from Miami, today I figured we'd put up the 39 GTS! This one is a little more "sporty" with a little less luxury down below.

Just kind of a picture tour of the boat, but I am curious as to what the inmates like and don't like about it. These things are pretty next level if ya ask me (way out of my price range, but cool none the less to look at).

You can see it's got an aft lounge off the front seats and the side door for boarding as well as the rear door. Something I noticed on this boat in person is it has a pretty good sized area in front of the motors to walk around on, some of the CC's get pretty tight in that area.

DSC02440.jpg

Triple 400's

DSC02442.jpg
DSC02443.jpg

Integrated fiberglass hard top instead of the aluminum framed top that is popular on most.
DSC02444.jpg
DSC02445.jpg
DSC02446.jpg
DSC02447.jpg
DSC02448.jpg

One thing you notice about cigarette is they definitely haven't lost their performance boat roots.. It's apparent in the interiors and in the hardware throughout the boat.
DSC02450.jpg
DSC02451.jpg
DSC02452.jpg

Right down to the floor matte that you will find in their power boat versions. This is kind of a Cig trademark as you won't find it in any other Mfg that I'm aware of.. It's a mix of metal and rubber etc.. and very industrial looking.

DSC02453.jpg

Fairly simple cabin underneath with a head / shower / sink etc..
DSC02455.jpg
DSC02456.jpg
DSC02457.jpg

Instead of doing a sleeper underneath, this one the front lounger will flip up for a large storage area.
DSC02458.jpg
DSC02459.jpg
DSC02460.jpg
DSC02461.jpg
DSC02462.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02439.jpg
    DSC02439.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 44

RaceTec

Reaction score
I like this one better than the Nighthawk, but I never understand having this size of boat that you can't overnight on, or did I just miss a small bed? I would want to be able to overnight in Catalina or something... Didn't someone on here have one with a small cabin in the bow? Well and not to mention the price on these things!

Baja 252

Reaction score
I like it, simple and very functional.
Maybe it’s just the photo, but the backseats look more formfitting than the driver seat.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I like it, would be great for the Delta where you could stretch it out for miles.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
As soon as I saw only 3 motors I blew off this boat as some sort of poor person deal and moved on!

Seriously, it’s awesome but I am with RaceTec, put a bed and Ac in it so I have a chance of trying to justify the spend... 20 years from now used!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like this one better than the Nighthawk, but I never understand having this size of boat that you can't overnight on, or did I just miss a small bed? I would want to be able to overnight in Catalina or something... Didn't someone on here have one with a small cabin in the bow? Well and not to mention the price on these things!
I agree, if I ever get a boat big enough for the big lakes, or Catalina trips, I'd want it to sleep at least me and the wife...the kids can bunk on the deck. That monster @Ethernet has would do it:cool:

PlanB

Reaction score
Never used the cabin in our Top Gun. When we would run to Catalina we got a hotel room. I would need some type of cruiser to actually use the cabin, something like a Formula PC or even an SS.

Cig is still on top of their game...

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
First class all the way!! The more you look at it, the classier it gets and the more you notice how well appointed it really is.

JayBreww

Reaction score
That top looks like the one on the Eliminator Fundeck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
People bitch there's no boating content on here.. So I put up some boating content and it gets blown off the first page in minutes. LOL WTF?

RD
People would bitch if the rope wan’t new you hung them with.....FUCK em. Boat looks cool. I enjoy all the content. Just my $.02

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
People bitch there's no boating content on here.. So I put up some boating content and it gets blown off the first page in minutes. LOL WTF?

RD

I’m waiting for your Skater write up

hallett21

Reaction score
Very cool boat. Since you asked. I’d like to see one of these CCs with a bigger hard top. Similar to what eliminator did with the OL/eliminator combo boat.

I’m still torn on if I could swing a boat like this would I want to keep it strictly a performance/party boat. Or would I want to be able to run it to San Clemente and catch blue fin?

I just can’t imagine getting blood on the interior. But then you look at a Grady white or Boston Whaler and they have luxury interiors in their fishing boats.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I really like the radar arches on both boats integrated into the hardtop. Metal on the footrest not so sure about with bare feet. It looks nice though. The backward facing seats work. Cool place for a pop up table. Love the swim step. Would have opted for a full bench instead of the door but this is a fishing machine so I get it.

I don't think I have seen a flip up seat like that at the helm. That's a neat feature. Did it have a wrap around bench up front?

Cig is killing it.

hallett21

Reaction score

Good point. I’d like to see a version like Concepts “closed bow” but cary the closed bow part to what would be the front of this boats lounger.

I think you could pull off a pretty sweet cabin that way. Then make the deck functional for people to hang out on. When you’re running in the rough you don’t want to sit in the bow anyways.

Edit:

For the cabin you enter it through the center console.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Very cool boat. Since you asked. I’d like to see one of these CCs with a bigger hard top. Similar to what eliminator did with the OL/eliminator combo boat.

I’m still torn on if I could swing a boat like this would I want to keep it strictly a performance/party boat. Or would I want to be able to run it to San Clemente and catch blue fin?

I just can’t imagine getting blood on the interior. But then you look at a Grady white or Boston Whaler and they have luxury interiors in their fishing boats.

I totally agree on the bigger hardtop.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
How much does something like that run?
$$$$?
Million++ ??

hallett21

Reaction score
I dint want to discredit this boat. It’s incredible. Was just trying to stimulate some actual boating conversations lol

Tank

Reaction score
To answer a few questions:

The 39 GTS is roughly 600k new depending on options.
The 41 Nighthawk (RD's other review) is roughly 800k depending on options.

It all started with the 39' Top Fish which did in fact have a cuddy up front and head under the CC. They don't offer it in the line-up any longer but will build you one if requested. Or you can pick up a used one (7ish years old) for high 2's low 3 hundreds.

Cig actually builds 6 different CC's!
39 GTS, 41 SD (which holds the shootout record as fastest center console @ 104 MPH and comes in the other versions which are: 41 GTR and the 41 GTR Reserve), 42 Huntress & 42 GTO Reserve (different layout) and the monsterous 59 Tirranna (at roughly 3 mil the first one Black Diamond went to an avid performance boater who owns a handful of other performance boats and the second went to a Saudi Arabian prince). And now they just released the 41 Nighthawk and the 42 Aurorus which takes the original hulls and just goes over the top with luxury.

Cigarette was one of the first to jump into the CC game when they saw the high performance market slow. Skip Braver (owner of Cigarette) saw the market shifting in the late 2000's, saw the economic crunch coming and knew that Europe was still in the boating game but focused more on versatile Center Console market. Skip tapped into this market introducing the 39 Top Fish based on their successful 39 Top Gun hull. The success of that model then transitioned into the 39 GTS which pushed the canopy out to the gunnels and went from a boat that was purpose built (esq) on fishing, or at least on the philosophy of fishing, to an entertainment boat. The CC market carried Cigarette through the lean times and now that market is pretty much their main seller. They still build performance / offshore boas - the 38 Top Gun, 39 Top Gun (stagger setup), the 42X and the 50 Marauder SS as well as the recently introduced 515 which is a new mold and widened and stretched the 50' Marauder (3+ mil price tag). They will also build you whatever the F you want if you pay. You want a cut down "Kilo boat"? Sure. You want a 36' sit down gladiator (that hasn't been built since 07ish)? Sure. You want a European race boat? Sure. You're a prince and want your boat painted candy red with gold accents and gold plated parts? Sure. Cigarette prides itself on catering to the rich, famous and powerful. That's kind've their niche.

And that's your down and dirty history on the Cig CC. 🤪 :)

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ Bring back the Gladiator! Lol...

Tank

Reaction score
^^^ Bring back the Gladiator! Lol...

They're freakin HOT right now too! The market on them has gone up a good 50%!

As you know, there was SO much work put into those things with the capped deck and cutting down the hull, etc. the cost to build just didn't add up for them. That coupled with the recession and it's really a purpose built boat (Ferrari on the water) was just the perfect storm to kill it. But I've always been told if you want one, they'll build it. Just bring your open check book! LOL

I'd love to have a Glad. Such a fun boat. I've run my share of them and they are truly a kick in the ass to run.

PlanB

Reaction score
They're freakin HOT right now too! The market on them has gone up a good 50%!

As you know, there was SO much work put into those things with the capped deck and cutting down the hull, etc. the cost to build just didn't add up for them. That coupled with the recession and it's really a purpose built boat (Ferrari on the water) was just the perfect storm to kill it. But I've always been told if you want one, they'll build it. Just bring your open check book! LOL

I'd love to have a Glad. Such a fun boat. I've run my share of them and they are truly a kick in the ass to run.

If I was to go back to a big V, it would be a Gladiator. I tried to trade my Gun on the blue one that DSM had, but the numbers did not work. They seemed to be a hard sell because of not having a cabin, but I always loved them.

RichL

Reaction score
Curious Tank. Are you selling for Cig as a side hustle? Cause if not, you should be.
:D

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
RD so when will this be in your garage?

Tank

Reaction score
Curious Tank. Are you selling for Cig as a side hustle? Cause if not, you should be.
:D
LOL, nah. I've owned a couple Cigarettes, have spent countless hours on various models, have known the Braver family since Skip Bought Cigarette and I've been a fan of the brand since I was a kid. While playing blogger and writer for Powerboat, I gained a lot of info on the company as well. For lack of better word, I'm a bit of a fanboy you could say. LOL Figured I could answer some questions with my original post. Shed some backstory. ;)

RichL

Reaction score
LOL, nah. I've owned a couple Cigarettes, have spent countless hours on various models, have known the Braver family since Skip Bought Cigarette and I've been a fan of the brand since I was a kid. While playing blogger and writer for Powerboat, I gained a lot of info on the company as well. For lack of better word, I'm a bit of a fanboy you could say. LOL Figured I could answer some questions with my original post. Shed some backstory. ;)
I was aware of your appreciation and ownership of the brand from the days of OSO. The question was being asked as more of a joke, but I still think you should be repping the product as a side hustle. You obviously know it. Thumbs up.

Tank

Reaction score
I was aware of your appreciation and ownership of the brand from the days of OSO. The question was being asked as more of a joke, but I still think you should be repping the product as a side hustle. You obviously know it. Thumbs up.
Ah! LOL, gotcha. I always forget some on here cross over from OSO and vice versa. :) I actually have had the oportunity to help out with sales for Phil (Lipshutz) and for Craig Barrie (who owned Cig for a short time) in the past but that was easy because it was people ready to buy, I just pointed them in the right direction. I'm actually a horrible salesman though. Found that out the hard way when tasked with selling ad space for Powerboat Mag. 🤪

I'd totally be happy to run a factory boat around for a year though, you know, "for sales". ;) ;)

RichL

Reaction score
Ah! LOL, gotcha. I always forget some on here cross over from OSO and vice versa. :) I actually have had the oportunity to help out with sales for Phil (Lipshutz) and for Craig Barrie (who owned Cig for a short time) in the past but that was easy because it was people ready to buy, I just pointed them in the right direction. I'm actually a horrible salesman though. Found that out the hard way when tasked with selling ad space for Powerboat Mag. 🤪

I'd totally be happy to run a factory boat around for a year though, you know, "for sales". ;) ;)
Well if there's a second one around let me know. I might give up the Formula for a season. Ya know. Just cuz.