WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cigarette Ain't Messin.....

hallett21

Reaction score
Jesus lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
They're gonna bastardize that brand, that boat looks cool but everybody and their brother makes similar shit. Sure it might not be 130' but thats not what Cigarette is all about.

Singleton

Reaction score
And with that the brand will lose the ambassadors it has. The KISS theory comes to mind - looks like they are doing the opposite

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
They're gonna bastardize that brand, that boat looks cool but everybody and their brother makes similar shit. Sure it might not be 130' but thats not what Cigarette is all about.
thats not the super yacht pic

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
And with that the brand will lose the ambassadors it has. The KISS theory comes to mind - looks like they are doing the opposite

Super-yachts and jet skis.

May as well put the brand out of its misery and start selling keychains and koozies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tank

Reaction score
Cigarette tried to do teachers twice in the past under two different owners. They built stuff in the 60-90’ range using other builders but putting the cig label on them. Wasnt received well enough either time to build more than a few examples.

And a jet ski? That shits lame. Jet ski market has been on the decline for many years (I know it doesn’t seem the way but statistically the lake lice peak has passed).

New owner also said he wants to get back into offshore racing as well which I commend the desire to go back to your roots but unfortunately offshore racing is hanging on by a thread really and there’s is actually no class for anything they make which means they’d have to actually create a new bot to run in extreme. Talk about a shit ton of R&D and cash. And really, that’s not the class people come to watch.

I’m starting to worry about the new leadership over there frankly. The BIG tell will be if Erik Christiansen sticks it out or bails. We’ll see. Couple other high ups have left. Again, we’ll see how it goes.

On a related note. Got videos yesterday from buddy with a 46 cigarette running at big cat and a couple videos of Kelly in the 42 cigarette and buddy. Curt in a 35 playboy cigarette running on Lake Erie this weekend. 😁😁👍

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Cigarette tried to do teachers twice in the past under two different owners. They built stuff in the 60-90’ range using other builders but putting the cig label on them. Wasnt received well enough either time to build more than a few examples.

And a jet ski? That shits lame. Jet ski market has been on the decline for many years (I know it doesn’t seem the way but statistically the lake lice peak has passed).

New owner also said he wants to get back into offshore racing as well which I commend the desire to go back to your roots but unfortunately offshore racing is hanging on by a thread really and there’s is actually no class for anything they make which means they’d have to actually create a new bot to run in extreme. Talk about a shit ton of R&D and cash. And really, that’s not the class people come to watch.

I’m starting to worry about the new leadership over there frankly. The BIG tell will be if Erik Christiansen sticks it out or bails. We’ll see. Couple other high ups have left. Again, we’ll see how it goes.

On a related note. Got videos yesterday from buddy with a 46 cigarette running at big cat and a couple videos of Kelly in the 42 cigarette and buddy. Curt in a 35 playboy cigarette running on Lake Erie this weekend. 😁😁👍

View attachment 1038301
View attachment 1038302
View attachment 1038303
Those are some yummy vids Tankster.... especially dig that black banded one running with the pending storm coming... I ran into a warm aired summer cloud burst off Two Harbors once running back to Avalon.... fun getting pelted on face as long as shades stayed tight, lol. Interesting feedback on Cigarettes next direction. Sounds like you're of the opinion they should stick to chicken or beef and keep building from molds they have and simply update any tech advances right? I'm of the mind that in vessel size that interest me [35-42'] they should do just that. I'd hate to see them dilute that powerful brand.