WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Circke Boat races this weekend,lake ming

wzuber

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to toss this out there for the RDP world...
This weekend at Lake Ming in Bakersfield CA. The national points battle continues and is going to be epic...
I aim to be the spoiler for the awesome racer Jamey Taveres in SE21. He' s a great guy, racer and runs a good program. He's ran well all year long and earned his position @ p1. I'm the newbie w/ only 2 races in my life under my belt..
A bunch of (6) raced last weekend at the San Diego Bayfair event. It was incredible, fast and I learned a shit ton. I was loose as hooker on Nickle nite of Friday. I was flying Canary air lines ( hull is a Canary) left chined in half a dozen times. Sat morning I figured out what was wrong and fixed it...simple really....We snugged up the rudder quadrant as it was slight relaxed and torqued the loose nut behind the wheel a shit ton. I think we broke the wrench over my head...lol
Sat each heat I ran faster and faster to accumulating 2 second place finishes and a first.......sort of.......I ran my fastest ever in this boat @ 87.5 mph. Our class is speed limited to 85.00 mph (over 85.9) you break out, DQ. I got DQ'D t
The class gave me a break being that I'm green/newbie, old (60) and fatnugly...lol
Oh ya, forgot to mention...all weekend long we were doing LeMans starts as that is what the Bayfair committee requested and we dis NOT disappoint. I killed the group off the beach every time...It was EPPIC.. ( the extra P indicates it's massive epic-Ness for me) I've watched/admired manny, never done 1 before..ever..
Sunday was even better than Sat...I was so excited I could hardly sleep. (I was already on very low sleep as it was.)
I woke up to pee @ 2 30a, my brain lit off. No getting back to sleep now...
My brain was whirling w/ boat setup, prep details, but mostly driving details. How/what to do @ each point in each lap. How to set up my turns, exit turns, manage the boat speed, land marks to focus on to stay n correct lane position etc., so much to learn, so much to think about @ 85mph ea. Lap, ea. Heat ....it happens instantly ( can't break out again or I'm out for the weekend...zero points....)
8:30 in we go...practice/testing....I'm super excited, n my head going crazy w/ all the things to do, remember, land marks, manage speed, turns, look for other racers, be fast, be safe, can't breath....oh ya...breathe, breathe, breathe ( fukin auto spell shit is going to kill me)
In my head, have fun...that's all we're for..have fun.
Off we go....land marks, where's the turn bodies (sp) ( with 3 race courses, that over lap, there's a sea of bouyies. Find my turn bouies (there's 2 @ ea. Turn/end. Warm up lap down...plate it, stab it...never lift off throttle, wfo all 4 laps. Good session, fast, controlled.....OK, I can do this. Speed??? 83.4 perfect...
1st heat...same head scenario...
LA Man's start....5 4 3 2 1 bam.....fired and gone...1sr. Again....turn 1 good, little wide and let Dave inside...Se10 on my left, deck to deck, Mikey on my hip outside...fuck.....keep it locked down, don't slide into Mikey. The 3 of us turn after turn...tight...d2d , drop a blanket on us...count down...lap 3 great, (breathe) lap 2 great, (breathe) final lap.....ima little wide on exit, push Mikey out ( sorry coach/mentor but that's racin) checkered flag......

Dave p1, me p2, Mikey p3..... yeah baby....fuk yeah......that was awesome....breathe...breathe...lol
Speed ???? Dunno nkno yet. On the launch ramp, ck GPS........guesses??? Anyone, anyone?????

84.5 mph......fuk yea!!!!! That's a keeper...l
last heat of the weekend....
lined up on the beach...I drew p1....bitchen...their fuked....I got this....had my plan n my head....if I execute correctly...it's mine..
P1.....FTW.....OK calm down, focus, manage speed, turns, landmarks, look for the bouyes....keep it down...down pedal, breathe...have fun....
My wife's holding me on the beach.....she's never done this before. I'm explaining to her, reminding her what/how to do it..
Racers...are u ready shouts the announcer...thumbs up from us drivers....
15 seconds.....n my head fuckkkk.. I can do this...breathe, breathe, focus, fun..
14.....10......5, slam the down pedal 4, 3, 2, 1 wife pounds on boat...go go go.....hit the button, fires n gone....p1 thru the first turn, p1 thru turns 3,4. Lifted to much on exit, bow rises, prop walking slideways, fuk, down down pedal.....Dave got inside, fuk... I'm on his hip.....we're battling d2d the whole way. Coming down the back shute...shut.... I look at the beach.....checkered flg......what????? Were done???? But I'm on lap 3.....uh no, no ur knott....( c what I did there?)
Dave......p1, me p2, Mikey p3......
Fuk, fuk fuk.....
I was so focused on all the afore mentioned details I forgot to count laps......fuuuuuuuuukkkkkkk meeeeee..
N my head....Oh well, it's done, you did great this weekend....fuk, fuk, fuk.....
But u dud good dude, it's OK, it's only your second race.....fuuuuuuk. lol
So I'm thinking, well, I'm on the podium in my 2nd race ever....it's kuul, that's good, be happy. Get to the awards stage...Se class...P1..Dave Shaw, P2 Mikey P, P3 Ron Ableman.........errrrrr what????
Oh fuk....the DQ....zero points......to bad, so sad. Lol. It was a frigging awesome weekend.
Was it a fluke???? Can I continue to learn, improve, be competitive race after race???? Can I disrupt the current points leader this weekend @ ming? ( he hasn't since our burley Idaho race in June. Is he rusty? Did his choice to save his equip. For the finals this weekend bite him in the ass? Can I really do this? Can I be his spoiler? Will somebody else step up and kick all our asses? Will John McKee best us all after grenading his motor last weekend in the final heat? Is his borrowed motor ( from 2x's national SE points champ Mikey p no less) gunna put him in the hunt? Will 16 yr old Carly Hurn from Idaho beat us? She had a hard crash in Burley....Cute, strong, determined and pissed off she crashed. Will she get back in the seat, be in the hunt?
Come on out this weekend and find out with the rest of us......
SE29 Invites you all to come out and see.
Stop by, say high and see how this all shakes out...
20220916_113847.jpg
20220916_113952.jpg

Drop your cocks and pull up your socks....let's go racing boys..... n girls
C U THERE!!!!!

RaceTec

Reaction score
Good luck to everybody running, have a fast and safe weekend! Wish I could make it!

Attachments

• 307954938_10228760101412784_217396573451575576_n.jpg
    307954938_10228760101412784_217396573451575576_n.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 47

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We have plans to come out and watch the races. Although things change at the last minute around here.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to toss this out there for the RDP world...
This weekend at Lake Ming in Bakersfield CA. The national points battle continues and is going to be epic...
I aim to be the spoiler for the awesome racer Jamey Taveres in SE21. He' s a great guy, racer and runs a good program. He's ran well all year long and earned his position @ p1. I'm the newbie w/ only 2 races in my life under my belt..
A bunch of (6) raced last weekend at the San Diego Bayfair event. It was incredible, fast and I learned a shit ton. I was loose as hooker on Nickle nite of Friday. I was flying Canary air lines ( hull is a Canary) left chined in half a dozen times. Sat morning I figured out what was wrong and fixed it...simple really....We snugged up the rudder quadrant as it was slight relaxed and torqued the loose nut behind the wheel a shit ton. I think we broke the wrench over my head...lol
Sat each heat I ran faster and faster to accumulating 2 second place finishes and a first.......sort of.......I ran my fastest ever in this boat @ 87.5 mph. Our class is speed limited to 85.00 mph (over 85.9) you break out, DQ. I got DQ'D t
The class gave me a break being that I'm green/newbie, old (60) and fatnugly...lol
Oh ya, forgot to mention...all weekend long we were doing LeMans starts as that is what the Bayfair committee requested and we dis NOT disappoint. I killed the group off the beach every time...It was EPPIC.. ( the extra P indicates it's massive epic-Ness for me) I've watched/admired manny, never done 1 before..ever..
Sunday was even better than Sat...I was so excited I could hardly sleep. (I was already on very low sleep as it was.)
I woke up to pee @ 2 30a, my brain lit off. No getting back to sleep now...
My brain was whirling w/ boat setup, prep details, but mostly driving details. How/what to do @ each point in each lap. How to set up my turns, exit turns, manage the boat speed, land marks to focus on to stay n correct lane position etc., so much to learn, so much to think about @ 85mph ea. Lap, ea. Heat ....it happens instantly ( can't break out again or I'm out for the weekend...zero points....)
8:30 in we go...practice/testing....I'm super excited, n my head going crazy w/ all the things to do, remember, land marks, manage speed, turns, look for other racers, be fast, be safe, can't breath....oh ya...breathe, breathe, breathe ( fukin auto spell shit is going to kill me)
In my head, have fun...that's all we're for..have fun.
Off we go....land marks, where's the turn bodies (sp) ( with 3 race courses, that over lap, there's a sea of bouyies. Find my turn bouies (there's 2 @ ea. Turn/end. Warm up lap down...plate it, stab it...never lift off throttle, wfo all 4 laps. Good session, fast, controlled.....OK, I can do this. Speed??? 83.4 perfect...
1st heat...same head scenario...
LA Man's start....5 4 3 2 1 bam.....fired and gone...1sr. Again....turn 1 good, little wide and let Dave inside...Se10 on my left, deck to deck, Mikey on my hip outside...fuck.....keep it locked down, don't slide into Mikey. The 3 of us turn after turn...tight...d2d , drop a blanket on us...count down...lap 3 great, (breathe) lap 2 great, (breathe) final lap.....ima little wide on exit, push Mikey out ( sorry coach/mentor but that's racin) checkered flag......

Dave p1, me p2, Mikey p3..... yeah baby....fuk yeah......that was awesome....breathe...breathe...lol
Speed ???? Dunno nkno yet. On the launch ramp, ck GPS........guesses??? Anyone, anyone?????

84.5 mph......fuk yea!!!!! That's a keeper...l
last heat of the weekend....
lined up on the beach...I drew p1....bitchen...their fuked....I got this....had my plan n my head....if I execute correctly...it's mine..
P1.....FTW.....OK calm down, focus, manage speed, turns, landmarks, look for the bouyes....keep it down...down pedal, breathe...have fun....
My wife's holding me on the beach.....she's never done this before. I'm explaining to her, reminding her what/how to do it..
Racers...are u ready shouts the announcer...thumbs up from us drivers....
15 seconds.....n my head fuckkkk.. I can do this...breathe, breathe, focus, fun..
14.....10......5, slam the down pedal 4, 3, 2, 1 wife pounds on boat...go go go.....hit the button, fires n gone....p1 thru the first turn, p1 thru turns 3,4. Lifted to much on exit, bow rises, prop walking slideways, fuk, down down pedal.....Dave got inside, fuk... I'm on his hip.....we're battling d2d the whole way. Coming down the back shute...shut.... I look at the beach.....checkered flg......what????? Were done???? But I'm on lap 3.....uh no, no ur knott....( c what I did there?)
Dave......p1, me p2, Mikey p3......
Fuk, fuk fuk.....
I was so focused on all the afore mentioned details I forgot to count laps......fuuuuuuuuukkkkkkk meeeeee..
N my head....Oh well, it's done, you did great this weekend....fuk, fuk, fuk.....
But u dud good dude, it's OK, it's only your second race.....fuuuuuuk. lol
So I'm thinking, well, I'm on the podium in my 2nd race ever....it's kuul, that's good, be happy. Get to the awards stage...Se class...P1..Dave Shaw, P2 Mikey P, P3 Ron Ableman.........errrrrr what????
Oh fuk....the DQ....zero points......to bad, so sad. Lol. It was a frigging awesome weekend.
Was it a fluke???? Can I continue to learn, improve, be competitive race after race???? Can I disrupt the current points leader this weekend @ ming? ( he hasn't since our burley Idaho race in June. Is he rusty? Did his choice to save his equip. For the finals this weekend bite him in the ass? Can I really do this? Can I be his spoiler? Will somebody else step up and kick all our asses? Will John McKee best us all after grenading his motor last weekend in the final heat? Is his borrowed motor ( from 2x's national SE points champ Mikey p no less) gunna put him in the hunt? Will 16 yr old Carly Hurn from Idaho beat us? She had a hard crash in Burley....Cute, strong, determined and pissed off she crashed. Will she get back in the seat, be in the hunt?
Come on out this weekend and find out with the rest of us......
SE29 Invites you all to come out and see.
Stop by, say high and see how this all shakes out... View attachment 1156870 View attachment 1156871

Drop your cocks and pull up your socks....let's go racing boys..... n girls
C U THERE!!!!!
Jamey and his dad (Dave) are good friends of mine.

wzuber

Reaction score
I will be there helping GN 757 "Head Rush". (I use the term helping very loosely.). LOL.
any help at all no matter how seemingly small, limited whatever is a big deal, at least with me. There is a ton of work in this racing game. currently it's just my wife, step son and I and it is non-stop at the races for us and we're not even having to do any significant repairs. We run 2 classes so my step son Nick can learn to drive flats, race etc. between heats we wipe down, check drive line bolts, coupler bolts, prop bolt etc. and the air assist system, make minor adjustments if necessary, which is rare, and discuss/review past rounds and prep/plan for the next. We also check with our other racers to see if they need help with anything. The time goes by quickly. We also try to watch the other races and see the action and learn from them what we can.
99....Your presence, help and support is appreciated by the team I'm sure. If you get a minute stop by and say hi. I'll try and do the same. Have a safe trip this weekend.

wzuber

Reaction score
Today's practice went well for me and many others, a couple not so much. A couple guys are down on power and can't hardly break 75.
At 83.5mph in practice today I'm right on the #'s, have good boat control and speed and if I can continue will run d2d ea heat I should get some good finishes and possibly end up on the podium for the weekend. Of course that assumes quite a bit and we all know what that means. The turns here are different than anywhere else I've run ( all 2..lol)
Their triangular so that makes for an interesting challenge. I was over turning a bit. I think I have a good plan for how to enter the turns. We'll see tomorrow..I hope all who desire can make it to the races to see how this all shakes out and the many other awesome racing classes. The battle in the hydro classes is tight, it's going to be epic...
Cheers....
SE29

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Nice meeting you this morning WZ. Go kick some ass. Be safe. Oh ya. Breath. Lol
Loved reading the original post. Shows your love and excitement for what your doing.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Good luck Warren! The lower river mob is root’n for ya dude!

westair

Reaction score
Good luck today! ... We'll see you in Parker if you make it there in Nov

wzuber

Reaction score
Nice meeting you this morning WZ. Go kick some ass. Be safe. Oh ya. Breath. Lol
Loved reading the original post. Shows your love and excitement for what your doing.
Nice meeting u & c2 today. Thx for stopping by b4 the insanity began today. Fortunately, I have some great help today...
My bother (cousin) Chris of CR Fab up in Hesperia & Lou V. From A1 canvas are here to help keep us safensane and on track. My step son Nick is here driving in the classic endurance class too so driver changes, seat setting etc get swapped between classes. Our air assist system is playing games with us a little. Hopefully we can get that settled out. I just rebuilt the regulators and replaced the switch valve and it was flawless last weekend, now it's acting up and we keep losing the regulated low pressure side control...
We ....think....we have it resolved. This next heat will tell us how we did....l'll try to get some pix later on to post up. Shits moving fast this am.

wzuber

Reaction score
That's Nick running in classic endurance class n the 1st. 3 pix. He's doin real well, especially considering he's never driven a flat or raced prior to us getting involved here. He's a smart boy and is learning fast...(boy...he's 37 yr. Old) lol

wzuber

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if my p1 finish was going to stand bcuz I didn't go around the deep "start lap bouy". It was a bit congested in there and I just went inside, laid bak and fell into place. I was a good bit behind off the start but I was able to real that in pretty well W/in the 1st. Lap ish. That was fun reining Ron in in his beautiful deep red #003 Beismeyer. Ron's a great guy and solid racer. While he's technically a rookie as I'm told he has great driving skills and a really good boat. It's an honor for me to be able to race with him and all the other great competitors out here.
Heat 1....P1. Good start to the day. Let's see if we can keep it going....

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Warren. Curious what the outcome was after the last race. If you feel like sharing. To us just look like a start they didn’t like and some didn’t get they called it off.
Anywhoo. Good luck tomorrow to you
Be safe. I can’t make it back☹️

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
P550 will be there 👍
Stopped by to say hi but your team was in the mist of what seemed to be team strategy so just kept walking. Good luck tomorrow when they pick up todays canceled races.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we were not able to make it this weekend. I woke up yesterday not feeling well.

wzuber

Reaction score
Now that we've been thuorougly reprimanded by Ross for an improper start and nick not seeing the red flag on the course We're sitting here waiting and cooking in the sun. It must b pic time..
I typed this out yesterday on the launch ramp....battery died b4 I could send...
We're prepping for the nxt heat here.

Attachments

• 20220924_145616.jpg
    20220924_145616.jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 89

wzuber

Reaction score
Since we had a gps 105 & k boat crash yesterday we are re-running 4 class heats this am b4 starting today's events.
At the D meeting.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Good luck to all you guys today. Here is for good day of safe racing. 👍👍🥃🥃

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Now that we've been thuorougly reprimanded by Ross for an improper start and nick not seeing the red flag on the course We're sitting here waiting and cooking in the sun. It must b pic time..
I typed this out yesterday on the launch ramp....battery died b4 I could send...
Learning experience I’m sure. It was confusing watching from the beach what was going on. Anywhoo. Kick some ass today and show em 👍👍

Clank123

Reaction score
If you DON’T get reprimanded by Ross your doing something wrong!😂
It’s a rite of passage for a circle boat racer in SoCal….some of us get it more than once!
He’s a good guy.
Have fun, be safe!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
It was nice to meet you @wzuber . Good luck to you today.

GN 757 got a great start in the 2nd heat for Saturday (but run today due to the race being stopped for time yesterday). Hurt the V-Drive about halfway through the heat. They are trying to get it fixed for the final.

wzuber

Reaction score
Well We have a new few new racing experiences to add to the memory banks...
Some of you might have some good input here...
What's the cure for this???
Something in this pic ain't right but I'm just not sure what's wrong here...lol

Attachments

• 20220925_121915.jpg
    20220925_121915.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 140

wzuber

Reaction score
Guess I'm a little too late on that spare eng. Build....haha

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

Ouch! Rebuild time. Bummer. Hope it’s up and running soon. How many seasons do you normally get out of an engine ?

Last edited:

Little Mr.C

Reaction score
that was one hell of an exit out of the corner this morning. Definitely made me yell. Glad you kept her upright! Sucked to see you get towed back in later.

DC-88

Reaction score
Beautiful boat and trailer 😍. Running 2 classes definitely burns them up quicker for sure !

wzuber

Reaction score
that was one hell of an exit out of the corner this morning. Definitely made me yell. Glad you kept her upright! Sucked to see you get towed back in later.
Ya, that definitely caught my attention.
Canary airlines.....we're bak baby...lol
You can see it on the local ABC News affiliate channel 23 I was told....
I Looked like an old school BFF hitin a roller n the lights and buckin the driver up out the seat....haha
Didn't feel that bad but the pix tell the story. Mark Mc Lauklin captured the sequence nicely. My wife got a full view too... several peeps on the beach scattered expecting I was gunna stick the landing on the beach... including my coach Mike purseuski. Put nice long Crack up the center of the deck too...
We're getting ready to go weigh this thing. I'll report back n a bit if I can....
This is NOT how I saw this weekend ending for me.....lol
Oh well, that's racin...

timstoy

Reaction score
You definitely have the boat race fever and there’s no cure! Racing two classes is harder on equipment. Glad you didn’t get wet.

wzuber

Reaction score
This has been a vertical learning experience for me being the meat in the seat. I've always been one of the crew guys with more enthusiasm and support then knowledge or talent.
Sunday morning we finished the last heat from sat. (the finals for sat) And with a p1 finish in sat's. first heat I was pretty proud of myself and excited for what might be "possible".
Being the rookie in the heat I was p6, outside lane. The race starts off the outside boat....me. gulp...
So I tried real hard not to fuckitup. It's not as easy as it seems. I have to run much faster than p1 to cover the distance of lane 6 than lane 1. We had a legal start and I was WOT just outa the turn. I have to hold my lane until completion of turn one. Going into the turn I was around p4, I exited turn 1 p6.....crap....fuck it..let it eat...this heat was a group of all top level racers in the class...I battle to catch up. Remember, we're speed limited. Break out/DQ speed is 85.9mph. That only has to happen long enough to record on the gps and your out. How long does that take? A second. Milli-second? Phuk if I know but I'm determined to get a podium finish for the weekend. That's my personal goal. (Just a tad lofty for a donk like me..lol but fuck it....it could happen. Lol) The course is a long oval, with 3 bouy's each end in a triangular pattern with the center bouy being set deep making for longer sweeping turn if you drive deep and arc from entry to the center bouy and around to the last and out of the turn. Others choose to hang tight on the bouy's and kinda bump ea. Bouy making 3 short rad turns. (The shortest distance essentially)
Going into turn 3/4 I was tight on tails of p4 & p5 with the 480 boat on the outside w/just enough room to grease me In between them and that's where the phuk I'm goin....(podium goal). I aim for the hole, WOT, and I'm watching for the 480 boat to look back and leave me some room....
Uh...no, he don't give 2 shits who's there, where nuthin,, he don't look. I'm hard on the down pedal (aka- da brakes) and decide to turn left and follow the inside boat track.....but he's decelerating too quickly, I turn right, cross outa his wake, over the 480 wake ( we're about middle of turn now or so it seemed) and swing outside, WOT, hard on the down pedal, my boat starts rolling chine 2 chine in the wakes, bouncing a bit and then takes a big ol hop. It bucks me up outa the seat, my grip on the steering wheel retains me in the boat. My foot come off the cav pedal to the inside of the stringer. I'm lifting off the throttle to hopefully not over rev.Rev..
I hear the r's drop some, not much, but no ring out and duck shooting etc.
Boat lands my ass hits the seat and I'm back in the gas, Boat launches again, same events. Now I'm just chasing it, trying to keep it upright, going etc. It seemed like for phukin ever...but I was not going down W/o a fight....(podium finish).
During all this...that little fawker in the back my he'd is screaming......down pedal...down pedal....all I could do is try to hang on and find/drive my way through it. Finally, I lift my 400# foot off the floor bak onto the cave pedal and stab it to the toe board. Finally the boat settles, stays down and I stab the go pedal. I let up the down and charge to catch up. In my head I'm screaming go phukr go.....I'm realing them in quickly. He'll ya....charging to catch up. I look over to the shore to c the checkered flag waving.........PHUK...PHUK....PHUK
It's over...I lost...phuk...p6 phuk!
Podium....phuk
Oh well, at least we're still in 1 piece, boat/eng. Seems ok... still running and clattering, knocking etc....we're OK
We still have a chance.....
next heat, let's go, it's a "new day" of racing and I can possibly still make the podium if I can manage good finishes in Sundays heats....
Boats on the trailer...Time to quickly prep it for Nicks heat (diver change on the ramp... chk/add fuel, move the seat back, look everything over, ck drive coupler bolt tension, ck prop.. clear weeds as necessary (from marina)
Get him n and settled and remind him of all the things to look for, do, etc...focus...good luck...go getem bud....

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
So I’m sitting at the beach reading this. And I just love it. Your play by play newbie flare and feel for it. The excitement/ hesitation/ don’t want to say fear( which I am sure there is some) but you know what I mean is awesome Thank you for sharing. 👍👍