WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Class C motorhome hitch

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Need a shop in Temecula that can upgrade my hitch set up current is 300 tongue 3000lb looking to install a 1000 tongue 10000lb hitch. I won’t be towing that much but don’t trust the 300.

TCHB

Reaction score
You can buy one on line. Very easy to install.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Need a shop in Temecula that can upgrade my hitch set up current is 300 tongue 3000lb looking to install a 1000 tongue 10000lb hitch. I won’t be towing that much but don’t trust the 300.
Chris over at Mufflers West Of Temecula

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I’ve looked online but my current one is welded on and most of the ones I’ve seen that are universal will need to be welded as well.

OSB if dealing with mufflers west is as easy as our loan we finished last month with you I’ll be happy!

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Might want to verify the towing capacity of your MH if it isn't already known. Some manufacturers purposely don't add a hitch because the vehicle isn't designed to tow anything ( just enough steel on the rear end to support for the coach) owner then puts on a receiver so they can mount a bike rack or other accessory. The next guy then assumes he can tow stuff only to discover very expensive damage to the MH.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Might want too verify the towing capacity of your MH if it isn't already known. Some manufacturers purposely don't add a hitch because the vehicle isn't designed to tow anything ( just enough steel on the rear end to support for the coach) owner then puts on a receiver so they can mount a bike rack or other accessory. The next guy then assumes he can tow stuff only to discover very expensive damage to the MH.
This....I've seen the way some of the frame extensions are done and I'm not sure I'd hang a bike off of a hitch on some of them.

bonesfab

Reaction score
This....I've seen the way some of the frame extensions are done and I'm not sure I'd hang a bike off of a hitch on some of them.

I was going to say the same thing. Scabbed together rear frame sections on some are scary. That's why when I did my bus I rebuilt the hole back section of frame.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I’ve looked online but my current one is welded on and most of the ones I’ve seen that are universal will need to be welded as well.

OSB if dealing with mufflers west is as easy as our loan we finished last month with you I’ll be happy!
I have been down this road. You need a specific hitch shop and you will most likely need the rear subframe beefed up. They weld on hitches to become part of the frame for a reason.

I still have my 30' Class C and Hitch Crafters in Costa Mesa set me up and there was some work involved.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
It’s got the same size frame rails 6 in all the way to the bumper plus added trusses from the factory. It came with the hitch that’s on it now from the factory. I’m fully aware of what the RDP tow police are saying this is for my own piece of mind I’ve gone over the weight info on the build and per the specs on the vehicle know what it can tow and is rated for.
Thanks!

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Tow police? Really? My comment was not in any way intended as criticism, but as trying to help a fellow boater avoid an expensive lesson with,something that they may or may not already be aware of.

Good luck to you and yours.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Wasn’t referencing anyone in particular I just know how these tow threads end up.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
It’s got the same size frame rails 6 in all the way to the bumper plus added trusses from the factory. It came with the hitch that’s on it now from the factory. I’m fully aware of what the RDP tow police are saying this is for my own piece of mind I’ve gone over the weight info on the build and per the specs on the vehicle know what it can tow and is rated for.
Thanks!

WTF do you think yore driving…an F150?