WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Class reunions ??

sirbob

Reaction score
I've never been to one of my class reunions so I’m not exactly sure how these things usually go.

My 40th is coming up in a few weeks and somehow they got my contact info and I have been getting lots of emails about it. It peaked my curiosity so I looked at the page to see what they were going to be doing.

When I looked at the list of people attending something really caught me eye...

As of now they have 79 classmates that have purchased tickets - and 20 guests. WTF? That ratio seems weird to me.

I wouldn’t think of going without my wife.

Do people go to these with out their significant others? Are that many people single? Is this a known hook up deal or what?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've never been to any of my class reunions and don't see me ever going to any in the future. If I was to go, I would definitely take my wife.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
I bought the tickets for my 20th a couple years ago and then last minute decided not to go. My wife and I both went to the same school and were one year apart. She had the same feeling I did. And after seeing the pictures posted on Facebook the next few days after the Reunion, I was so glad we didn't go.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I believe an inmate just hooked back up with his "first love" after getting divorced. Some long amount of time had passed. So, maybe it is a way to play the old field in a rematch.

My 25th is next year...I was an asshole then, but a totally different kind of asshole now...maybe when my 40th rolls around;) The way I see it, if I haven't kept in touch with them, or they with me, not missing anything. Still married to the girl I went to prom with, that's the only one that matters:)

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I have gone solo to 1 reunions.
My wife has gone with me.
I went to one of hers. No desire to go to another one. She went to the last one alone.
Had a lot of fun at 1.
Some memories ( girlfriends) are best just left alone and not " updated".

2Driver

Reaction score
If you weren't in the same high school I think it would be brutal to listen to other people's old-times stories all night.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I've never been to one of my class reunions so I’m not exactly sure how these things usually go.

My 40th is coming up in a few weeks and somehow they got my contact info and I have been getting lots of emails about it. It peaked my curiosity so I looked at the page to see what they were going to be doing.

As of now they have 79 classmates that have purchased tickets - and 20 guests. WTF? That ratio seems weird to me.

Do people go to these with out their significant others? Are that many people single? Is this a known hook up deal or what?

You will never know unless you go.
Yes take your wife. :)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If you weren't in the same high school I think it would be brutal to listen to other people's old-times stories all night.
Hadn't even thought about that. Bad enough going out for a night sometimes with wife's friends from work...let alone stories of yesteryear! My wife went to a different school. If she wanted to go to her 25th, I'm out.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
40th for me next month too, not sure if I'm going but really curious to see what peeps look like. Bringing the wife, I dunno, mine wouldn't know but a few, could work it either way I guess. Not trying to hook up with anybody, might be getting some ugly looks, I was "not" a very good boyfriend to numerous girls in high school.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I'm debating the same, my 20 year is happening in September at Sky Park Santa's Village... Most of the people I enjoyed being around back then, I still have contact with to this day.
More than likely I'll save the $80 for the two of us to go and use the dough for Angela's birthday party.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I've been to mine. I had a blast. My wife and I graduated together, so we always go together.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I went to my 40th last year and had a blast. Some brought there wives, others didn't.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My 10th I was in the hospital, partially paralyzed with a broken neck...from what I heard I was a topic.
The 10 everyone brags how successful and great things are the 20 is where you hear the sad stories and divorces.
The wife and I went to different schools...there may or may not have been "overlaps":rolleyes:. I'm pretty sure I've told her about most or all of them...Maybe some things are better left alone?
40th for me next month too, not sure if I'm going but really curious to see what peeps look like. Bringing the wife, I dunno, mine wouldn't know but a few, could work it either way I guess. Not trying to hook up with anybody, might be getting some ugly looks, I was "not" a very good boyfriend to numerous girls in high school.

nameisbond

Reaction score
My older brother goes to his. My 30th is coming up in two years. I might go, but all the chicks that are still good looking are married. Grew up in a small town, pop around 20k. Only one high school for the area. I still know people from high school, so if I skip it, won't miss much.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
My philosophy is this.......I didn’t like most of people back then so I doubt I’ll like them now:confused:. I went to one, spared my ex husband the agony and my BFF did the same, so we went together. Kind of funny, her father in law drove us & my ex picked us up!! No Uber back then!

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’ve been to all of mine and glad I went. I’ve enjoyed them more as a married man than a single one. Perhaps it’s because of maturity or relative success, dunno.

Yes, some people leave their spouses at home. That’s not how we roll. Some people hook up for the night, others have married.

I always recommend going.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I haven’t been to any of my class reunions nor do I have the desire to attend any. If I was single again it might be worth a look lol.

I went to my wife’s 10 year reunion long ago and I knew a couple women there lol small world.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I went with the wife to her 10 year. It was stupid. I don't care to go to any more.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I skipped my 20. With social media if I didnt bother to even like your profile/post what makes you think I want to hang out with you? Most of the "hot ones" are heffers now.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I went to my 10th, walked in, got a drink, looked around and left. Skipped the rest, 50th was last year.

charlyox

Reaction score
I went to my 10 year. It was fun. Met up with a chick that lived down the street from me. I couldn’t loose her and we ended up getting a room afterwards and she wouldn’t put out. The next day I was driving home and saw her on The on-ramp broken down. I didn’t stop.

DLC

Reaction score
I went to my 10, 20 & 25th it’s a fun time! We have a big group of guys that stay in contact so it’s nice to actually see everyone and party so to speak....

My wife went to the 20th and she isn’t up for any more.... she doesn’t know the people and the stories, but she gave it a try!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
It’s a complete dog and pony show.
I just skipped my 20th.
The way I see it is. If I just got through the last 20yrs without needing you or talking to you.... I really don’t give 2 shits about you. Let’s not pretend we are still friends.
People just wanted to see who ended up with the big or little wallet and who got the ugly or hot spouse.

4Waters

Reaction score
The people I want to see from High School I still hang out with, so no need to go.

phuggit

Reaction score
Nope. No plans to ever attend. Still friends with the ones that matter.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I went to my 30th and just recently skipped my 40th. One was enough. Most of the people acted like they were still in high school, and had never grown up. It was also pretty amazing all the class mates that had passed away. Most from alcohol and drugs.

RACER J

Reaction score
Our 30th is next year, the wife and I went to the same school and started dating the end of our sophomore year, never been apart since!!
Neither of us have any desire to go, didn't care about the fuck sticks when we graduated and don't really care to see any of them now!!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

...I think you’ll find you would enjoy your 40th...if you are still in contact with any of your friends from high school you might start getting on the phone and calling around to check out the vibe...if it sounds too nuts before hand it’s probably means it’s gonna be too nuts...and maybe you should skip it...By the 40th most people do or should have it together...
...I generally have just gone to the class a year ahead of me and the year behind me’s reunions because that’s who I hung out with...
... i’ve never been to one of my own classes reunions... probably timing issues...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Went to a couple of my wifes and felt somewhat out of place as I'm 5 years older than her and our HS's were 2000 miles apart. I still keep in touch with quite a few HS classmates through social media. Others I ignore...

wet hull

Reaction score
I just had my 20th at Ebolution Brewing in Vista. RBV class of 99'. I did not go to 10 year and everyone said it sucked. The 20 year people just wanted to hang out and get wasted while grandparents had the kids. Very glad I went. It was fun. Also helps my house is a 5 min uber away. There was death, suicides and divorces I learned about but many were doing great. I got asked to do coke as well. Guess that is trending again. I passed:eek: What amazed me most was how people aged. Many hot chicks were rode hard and put away wet looking. Others that didn't get many looks in the past were on point.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Honestly, I think since Facebook, Instagram or similar sites have become popular there's very little reason to go to reunions. I remember going to mine hoping to see someone I hadn't seen in years where now you know every detail of their life if they're on Facebook.

Last one I went to was my 20th in 2007 and it was pretty rad because I showed up by water in my 28' Daytona with two chicks because it was at a hotel on the river.

4Waters

Reaction score
Honestly, I think since Facebook, Instagram or similar sites have become popular there's very little reason to go to reunions. I remember going to mine hoping to see someone I hadn't seen in years where now you know every detail of their life if they're on Facebook.

Last one I went to was my 20th in 2007 and it was pretty rad because I showed up by water in my 28' Daytona with two chicks because it was at a hotel on the river.
Showing up baller style.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Went to my 10 , 20 and 30 year reunions . 10th was pretty good but , the 20 and 30 were a blast . I still stay in touch with a lot of my high school friends so by the 30 year it was most people I wanted to see ...

4Waters

Reaction score
Pretty much , twin engines with dry pipes rattled the whole hotel....and then when the chicks made out it went next level.:D
So basically you confirmed all your classmates suspicions that you were gay. We all know gay guys pull hot tail:p:D

Your ad here

Reaction score
You guys are old. Graduated in 07 and my graduating class is still planning for the 10 year... typical millennials. I have no desire to go. 4 years with the Coto de Caza brats was enough!

4Waters

Reaction score
You guys are old. Graduated in 07 and my graduating class is still planning for the 10 year... typical millennials. I have no desire to go. 4 years with the Coto de Caza brats was enough!
The real housewives :D

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yup, our suspicions are correct, your gay. LOL
It's actually a really good show. I need to pitch the Real Trophy Husbands of Roseville.:D

rrrr

Reaction score
I generally have just gone to the class a year ahead of me and the year behind me’s reunions because that’s who I hung out with...
... i’ve never been to one of my own classes reunions... probably timing issues...

The people that organized the reunions for my high school rolled three classes together. I went to 20 and 30, skipped 40.

It was a good idea. The attendance was better, and there were lots of friends there that weren't in my graduating class. I wouldn't have seen them at a traditional reunion.

Singleton

Reaction score
Attended my 10 year. It was a pissing contest on who was the most successful at that point in time. Group of 6 of us attended college together and we left after an hour or so and went to dinner and caught up (that was a great time).

Skipped the 20 and now they are planning a 25 (skipping that as well). Outside the 6 of us that all attended UofA, I don’t keep in touch with anyone from HS.

While everyone was having fun in HS, I was going to school and working 30+ hours a week my JR and SR year to help my mom pay the mortgage so we would not have to move until after graduation. Graduated HS and the next week the house was sold and my mom moved in with her parents in Sun City West and I moved to the UofA.

sirbob

Reaction score
The real housewives :D

Haha - true ! The first season was called Behind the Gates because all the house wife’s were from CDC - they dropped that name after the first season.

My wife was in a bunco group with the girls from the very first season.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Man, some of you are a lot younger than I pictured in my head (Yellowboat & Singleton for ex).

My 40th will be next year, although I have heard no rumblings on FB about it. I probably won't go anyway.