WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Classic boat regatta

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So do you have to have a boat past a certain age? What is classic boats? A Forum, magazine, Facebook group or just someone trying to pull off a regatta?

wash11

Reaction score
So do you have to have a boat past a certain age? What is classic boats? A Forum, magazine, Facebook group or just someone trying to pull off a regatta?

I think we’re only a couple years away from tribal gel designs being allowed in but if you show up wearing Oakley Blades you’ll probably get a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

"This Regatta is about getting all the Classic and Performance boats together. V-Drive, Jet, I/O, Outboards we want to see them all. Let’s fill Pirates Cove with some noise and horsepower! "

D19

Reaction score
Yes it's still happening. The boat doesn't have to be a classic, but use common sense. It's a hot rod show. Think of how the river was 25+ years ago. Don't show up in a roll boat boat. A big deck boat with a 496HO is not considered a hot rod because you put a drive shower, lighted cup holders and custom headers on it. :)

As @Sharp Shooter would say, leave your boat with bimini misters at home. LOL

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes it's still happening. The boat doesn't have to be a classic, but use common sense. It's a hot rod show. Think of how the river was 25+ years ago. Don't show up in a roll boat boat. A big deck boat with a 496HO is not considered a hot rod because you put a drive shower, lighted cup holders and custom headers on it. :)

Dont be hating on bimini misters until you try it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I’d take my Hallett up there but I’m not sure it fits the genre.. lol

I’ll probably drive up and take pics

D19

Reaction score
I’d take my Hallett up there but I’m not sure it fits the genre.. lol

I’ll probably drive up and take pics

Lol. Can you ride/ climb in and out of a jet boat with your knee? I might head up tonight, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I wish someone involved with the show would post, so people interested have the Facts instead of the usual.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol. Can you ride/ climb in and out of a jet boat with your knee? I might head up tonight, I haven't made up my mind yet.

ankle and yes I can.. I got AJ Barrett’s wedding reception Saturday night so I’d have to be back before the street lights come on

Reactions: D19

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

I thought about going to this deal because I like the premise, BUT people have varying views on what a classic or Hot Rod boat is. I'm fairly confident that even River Dave and I probably wouldn't 100% agree on definition (no disrespect). I'm confident there will be many awesome floats attending but, I could see someone pulling in there with a flame painted pontoon or a few stock mid nineties open bow cruisers, maybe a Bayliner Jazz and definitly a few jet skis might sneak in which imo would detract from the show and my ability to get great group pics.

Also, I've been fortunate to get up in the zip line crows nest at Billy's deals. Is this going to be open for that? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'll hold on to my travel and lodging money and sit this one out and see how this goes. I'm sure there'll be plenty of great photogs there and If it turns out to be a kick ass deal maybe I'll get in on the next one. Whatever the case, best of luck John and I hope it's a huge success and everything works out great!

Here's a few pics misc from some of Billy B's previous River Rocket's shows.

I decided to leave when these 2 almost side swiped my boat.

DSC07551a.jpg

:p

DSC07547a.jpg

Mototrig

Reaction score
We were supposed to be there this weekend but my motor coupler decided otherwise. Get lots of pics

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Tell me what facts your looking for. Would be happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been Misinformation I believe on Times, Admission, Boats on their Trailer section or only in the water, Vendors ETC.

Thank-You

franky

Reaction score
And O/B presence! Nice Stoker, Beautifully rigged Mirage, really clean nicely restored Talon and a sweet DBR powered Schiada. There was also my Liberator out of picture. The Talon, Schiada and I left Windsor at 6:30 am and pulled onto the beach just in time to watch the parade of blown injected flats make the 100 yard run from the Pirates ramp to the Pirates beach. LOL. 😜 There were a lot of very nice rides though. That White and burgundy Cole in the previous post was sweet. Thanks again John. Lets do it again!
CC0CC603-2AD8-4317-9B55-42E8F0C18BEF.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
Was cool seeing some of the boats out there. I ran into a few of the usual characters out on the water, but didnt get to make it to the show. We were out there with the family and ended up heading into the gorge since I was being rushed by everyone to get going.