WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Classroom help

Socalx09

Reaction score
Need some help! Figured some of you creative guys can figure this out.

My mom asked me to help her set up her new classroom. She decided to go back in the classroom after being burned out. She was teaching teachers how to teach better before.

There is only one problem area in the classroom and it is my job to fix it lol!

There is some sort of drywall/wonder board that is duct taped up over the old chalkboard. The tv is also mounted on it. I wanted to move the tv, but that isn’t allowed! So I’m going to cut around the tv to remove the material. There is a bulletin board and smart board to the sides of it.

My question is what the hell do I put on top of the old green chalkboard and best way to adhere it so it won’t look ghetto. Can’t use screws I’m guessing.

It will be out of the pocket spending.
Let’s not get political on this one! I already know....!

BAFAAB22-FF80-4C26-8465-3A9413B2655F.jpeg

91047CC8-FD21-4516-A712-6F4E06672887.png

351CA647-7FE9-426A-9E2B-40503D4D5957.jpeg

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Pull down the drywall or whatever it is and replace with cork board which can be bought in fairly large sheets for not a lot of money and can serve a function as well. Use liquid nails or similar adhesive to hold it up so long as there isnt any concern about saving the the chalkboard behind

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
If it is smooth behind it when removed paint it match that tan brown section to the left.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It depends on what your mom wants the space for. It differs for different grade levels and teachers. Low buck ideas, that usually don't piss school maintenance Nazis: Use the old eraser shelf to support the weight of either a another dry erase board, or cork board wall. Just use a couple anchors up top to keep it against the wall. Change rooms and pull two screws and it goes with you.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas! I’ll give her some of them tomorrow and see which ones she likes. I’ve never seen that in a classroom. Half of it fell down when I touched it and revealed the green chalk board.

Teachers can spend a lot of money making the classrooms look nice. Some of them go into the thousands! I’m not kidding! My mom would rather spend it traveling, but she’s doesn’t want a boring classroom. She’s still figuring out exactly what she wants to put in it money wise. Already looking for shelving since there isn’t any storage options in the classroom.

I’m sure this will be a month or so process of bringing it to life. She choose to go back into 4th grade.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You can also look up classroom stuff on pintrest. There is also a website called teachers pay teachers. Teachers trade, sell and give stuff to help out other teachers. My wife has been a teacher for 19 years...yes, there can be a lot of coin wrapped up in the lower grade levels. My wife has bought her stuff on the cheap over the years, but there is a whole lot of it.

Socalx09

Reaction score
You can also look up classroom stuff on pintrest. There is also a website called teachers pay teachers. Teachers trade, sell and give stuff to help out other teachers. My wife has been a teacher for 19 years...yes, there can be a lot of coin wrapped up in the lower grade levels. My wife has bought her stuff on the cheap over the years, but there is a whole lot of it.
Thanks! She hasn’t been back in the classroom for 15 years. Went to the district, but found herself working longer hours, driving everywhere and not finding joy anymore. So she made the switch for this year. So she has nothing as far as supplies. I’ll let her know!

Side note- I really didn’t like the decision. I never really worried about anything happening since she wasn’t at a school site much. Now, that worry is in my head. She actually said she didn’t choose one school based on the layout of the school. You walk into the office and all the classrooms are in one building. There are pods of each grades with just revolving walls to separate them. No actual door for a lockdown.

Kind of scary when that’s a thought that goes through your head when choosing which workplace to go to!

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Tell your mom to be spending the money on long thick rules, so she can beat the shit out them little varmints .....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I recommend the Dennison brand rulers, they are sturdy and don't break until the third use. I know first hand during my time in school during the last century. Plus, I got more whelps once arriving home. :rolleyes:

milkmoney

Reaction score
I recommend the Dennison brand rulers, they are sturdy and don't break until the third use. I know first hand during my time in school during the last century. Plus, I got more whelps once arriving home. :rolleyes:
Oh how I know ..that fucking principal had a big paddle , I only pulled the fire alarm cause it said " pull down " .....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Socalx09

Reaction score
F3FFE7B2-5324-4A94-A885-F0A69837FEBD.jpeg

I ripped it off around the tv. Then found peel and stick contact paper. It is a bitch to put on though! Going to make dark stained wood frames to put around all the silver frame. Dark blue bulletin board paper on the bulletin boards.