WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Clay Bar

bryzmon

Not a Member
Reaction score
How many times can a clay bar be used? Any tips for claying a car?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I prefer the clay mit since they can be rinsed when get too dirty

Albert

Reaction score
Polish and wax right after man what a difference ! The water beads off the car .

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I ditched the bar for Surf City Garages Clayzilla and never looked back. There is a ton of products now from wash mits, towels, palm pads like the Clayzilla etc. All are much faster, easier to cover big areas and not trash if you drop it like I had the habit of doing

dave29

Reaction score
I'm using the clay towel and it's made life easier. You can reuse it about 50 times if you rinse it after every use. Available on Amazon.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
How many times can a clay bar be used? Any tips for claying a car?

I think the cleaner you get the car the better before you clay it. Use the clay lube and don't rub too hard. After a few passes on a section you'll notice the clay starts to glide really good, then move on to the next section. I like to wax my truck right after I clay it with "Pure Carnuba", by Mothers. I swear the wax last about a year.

bryzmon

Not a Member
Reaction score
I think the cleaner you get the car the better before you clay it. Use the clay lube and don't rub too hard. After a few passes on a section you'll notice the clay starts to glide really good, then move on to the next section. I like to wax my truck right after I clay it with "Pure Carnuba", by Mothers. I swear the wax last about a year.

Thanks, I'll look for the lube. I realized I needed to clay the hood of my wife's car several times to get it right. Even though it's garage kept and washed weekly, the crud had really built up on it and I just needed to go over it several times.