WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Clean Your Dryer Vent

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The wife was complaining that the dryer is on the fritz, it’s taking forever to dry the clothes. So I got out my dryer vent cleaner jobby - it’s got a small brush that screws onto a 3’ flexible shaft that attaches to a drill there’s 8 shafts that attach to each other. I tuned the dryer on and started inserting the brush and adding shafts. I did the length of the garage but nothing more than a few handfuls of lint, but there’s still not much air coming out of the vent. Then I pulled the vent hose off and started giving the vent hose a colonoscopy - there must have been about ¾ of a paper shopping bag full of damp lint stuck in that 6 foot section of vent hose. Now the dryer does a full load in about 20 minutes instead of almost 2 hours. I guess I should clean it every couple of years instead of every 15.

azsunfun

Reaction score
The wife was complaining that the dryer is on the fritz, it’s taking forever to dry the clothes. So I got out my dryer vent cleaner jobby - it’s got a small brush that screws onto a 3’ flexible shaft that attaches to a drill there’s 8 shafts that attach to each other. I tuned the dryer on and started inserting the brush and adding shafts. I did the length of the garage but nothing more than a few handfuls of lint, but there’s still not much air coming out of the vent. Then I pulled the vent hose off and started giving the vent hose a colonoscopy - there must have been about ¾ of a paper shopping bag full of damp lint stuck in that 6 foot section of vent hose. Now the dryer does a full load in about 20 minutes instead of almost 2 hours. I guess I should clean it every couple of years instead of every 15.
if you dont you can burn out thermal overloads and have no drying at all.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Yea....thermal fuse usually busts it's nut first as an indicator. $10 part, couple screws. Couple hundred bucks for a service call if you're mechanically handicapped. 😂

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Yea....thermal fuse usually busts it's nut first as an indicator. $10 part, couple screws. Couple hundred bucks for a service call if you're mechanically handicapped. 😂

hey Hoots, post up your How To YouTube video so I know how it’s done😁😁😁

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Our dryer has a warning alarm when the vent needs to be cleaned. I've never had the alarm go off and clean it out every 6 months to be safe.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Get rid of the hose and hard pipe as much as possible. Tape the seams, do not use screws as lint will stick to that. Have never had an issue with lint builing up in lines.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
We have about a 15 foot run of dryer vent. A few years ago, my wife was complaining about how long it was taking to dry. I really didn't pay attention until the dryer started smoldering one day. I had to pull out a bunch of drywall to get to the dryer pipe and it was full of wet lint making backpressure into the dryer. Learned my lesson. We ended up giving that washer / dryer set to some friends and it is still going strong.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My sister bought a brand new dryer a couple of months ago. Didn’t work well. The appliance company found her line was clogged. Hers vents to her roof. Mine is like a foot through a wall. Easy to clean for me.

2Driver

Reaction score
House is 50 and weve been in it 25 of those . I had it done last year and got less than 1/2 a hand full of lint.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I have found coins in the seal in the front load washer and filter. Enough for maybe 4-5 pieces of five cent gum. :p

RichL

Reaction score
Dryer vent lint is HIGHLY flammable. Check that thing often.

^^This^^

Get rid of the hose and hard pipe as much as possible. Tape the seams, do not use screws as lint will stick to that. Have never had an issue with lint builing up in lines.

Used to preach this to my clients all the time. Even went so far as to provide the free labor to pull the corrugated pipe and install new galvanized hard pipe and cap if they paid for the materials on more than one job. Didn't want a fire on my watch.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
^^This^^

Used to preach this to my clients all the time. Even went so far as to provide the free labor to pull the corrugated pipe and install new galvanized hard pipe and cap if they paid for the materials on more than one job. Didn't want a fire on my watch.
I do my own but sometimes they are a bitch. It would be nice if some dryers had a longer exhaust pipe.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Yup - do it or pay to have it done religiously. I paid a " vent guy" to come do it and it was cheap the results were dramatic.

When the wife was a groomer it was every year because of pet hair.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
IMAG0229.jpg

My house when I moved in, this was after I brushed out as far as the tool would reach... An entire 4 foot section was still clogged.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Errr…Ahh… not too sure mine has ever been cleaned in decades???…
… cleaned the Filter in the dryer… then turned the dryer on …went outside to where the dryer exhaust is… The exhaust pressure was pretty substantial…Dunno???…

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I grew up seeing this all the time. I used play with my moms clothes pins as a kid. Your sister gets pissed when you clamp her nose! Don’t remember last time I saw those!
1626562806423.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
I clean my dryer vent, refrigerator coils and wine cooler coils every six months.

TCHB

Reaction score
Hire about 20 people to get started and then turn it into a franchise. No I am too busy.

petie6464

Reaction score
Dumped out this from one of my apartments, how nice dryer vent hose is full of Cig. Butts. .

So they most likely went through the washer. .🙄

Screenshot_20210717-195505_Photos.jpg

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool to me. I'm gonna clean my dryer vent tomorrow.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I bought one of those kits to clean my vent. I had so much lint I now clean it once a year

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Run the drill attachment through then blow the rest out with the leaf blower. Works great.