WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cleaning the garage

SpectraPat

Reaction score
How many of you remember making one of these in wood shop for a Mother’s Day gift. How stupid were we! 😂
43EB7D3E-3017-4683-8878-3C291D6E1A7C.jpeg

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Funny. I remember my freshman year writing "FAH-Q" on my back pack with whiteout. My math teacher was not impressed.... 🤣

old rigger

Reaction score
I was sent off to Military school, twice, and one of the teachers/vice principles only had one arm. He had a paddle about the size Spectra Pa posted but it was clear plexiglass, full of holes. He could literaly lift me off the ground swinging that fucking thing. Of all the crazy bastards that worked there he was the one we feared the most.

We'd get demerit slips for what ever offense we committed and they were rated 5, 10, and the mother of all offenses...15 demerits for which we not only had to march more, stand at attention in the middle of the campus for who knows how long AND get swats. After a while they no longer hurt which pissed off everyone swinging the paddle and actually made things worse.

SpectraPat

Reaction score
I was sent off to Military school, twice, and one of the teachers/vice principles only had one arm. He had a paddle about the size Spectra Pa posted but it was clear plexiglass, full of holes. He could literaly lift me off the ground swinging that fucking thing. Of all the crazy bastards that worked there he was the one we feared the most.

We'd get demerit slips for what ever offense we committed and they were rated 5, 10, and the mother of all offenses...15 demerits for which we not only had to march more, stand at attention in the middle of the campus for who knows how long AND get swats. After a while they no longer hurt which pissed off everyone swinging the paddle and actually made things worse.
I was such a fuck off my dad always said he was going to send me to military school but he never did. Man, I glad he didn’t after your story. I would have been the kid to fight back for sure. I would have been in the “hole”

old rigger

Reaction score
I was such a fuck off my dad always said he was going to send me to military school but he never did. Man, I glad he didn’t after your story. I would have been the kid to fight back for sure. I would have been in the “hole”

lol. we didn't have the hole although the whole place could be called that I guess.

Back in the 80s they leveled it and built a public school. Someone thought it would be fun to get as many cadets to attend a ceremony where they dedicated a little plaque in the corner of the property to the old military school. It was there from the 1920s on. I got a call asking if I would like to attend. "the fuck? Are you out of your mind? Had I known they were tearing it down I would have gone to see that but there's no fuc...." They hung up and that was the last time they reached out to me.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
School in small town Tennessee in the late 60's (Jr High) your actual class room teacher (Mr Agee) would whoop your ass in front of the class room. 70's ( high school) you were sent to the principals office and knew what was coming...hands on the desk feet back and spread them.
You pretty much learned yore lesson for the day, especially once the secretary called the Dad and he had to leave work to pick you up...that was brutal to say the least.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Ha. When I was in my early years (late 60's early 70's) my dad kept 2 of his fraternity paddles hanging on the wall in my bedroom. When I got out of line, I got to "pick one". Eventually, I stopped getting out of line. Funny how that works.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Going to school in Plainview Texas, I believe it was 4th grade I had a teacher who had a paddle shaped like a large hand with groves in it and it was painted black. He called it the black hand of happiness, I had more than my share of attention from it.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
A couple months back we were at my parent's house and the "paddle" was up on the refrigerator. I explained to my kids what it was and they thought it was hilarious. My hand has been strong enough in this household so far.

Fast forward to Christmas and I got a Christmas present from my youngest daughter which had a custom paddle she made with her Papa. There was writing on both sides. The first side said "Use other Side" and the second side said "Not to be used on the (Last Name) children". lol

84miller

Reaction score
Public High School LA county, 1969, paddle was used, I know for sure as I got paddled. Boy have things changed.

Taboma

Reaction score
Funny. I remember my freshman year writing "FAH-Q" on my back pack with whiteout. My math teacher was not impressed.... 🤣

In another life, long ago, they had a maintenance man I did a few jobs for at Unisys in Mission Viejo who's SE Asian name was pronounced as "Fah-Q", :oops:
Everybody including me just called him "Q" 😁