WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Closest place to offroad from the OC.

Boatracer36

Reaction score
So looking to do a little offroading this weekend. I have the RZR down here from Parker and looking for a close spot to go. I have always gone to Johnson Valley 2hr 30 min drive. Anything else around? Anyone want to go?

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Not much closer... Bell Mountain/Hodge Road?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Roher Flatts (SP),Gorman, Jawbone, Dove Springs, Spangler, Cal City- cal City kinda blows in my opinion but if your looking something close, its an option.

I know Gorman is small and marked trails, but there is some descent stuff out there and you can get into Frasier Park from a few of the trails.

Also I know their is some great riding/ off road trails across from Glen Helen towards Arrowhead/ Crestline area.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Ocotillo wells or Truckhaven.....108 miles from my house in Riverside. All kinds of different terrain and right off the 86?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Barstow has got to be closer than all of those places...?

Or you can take Cleghorn exit off the 15 and take the trails to Lake Silverwood. Some good riding and views back there.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Not much closer... Bell Mountain/Hodge Road?

This! Hodge road is quieter but you need to know where your going once you stage there. Or the next exit it Outlet Center Drive. From Outlet Center Drive you can head to SlashX for lunch and there is a lot of good riding all over that area. Rode all over out there when I was in my teens. It has a lot of different terrain and you can Trophy Truck it all day long out there in your RZR.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
This! Hodge road is quieter but you need to know where your going once you stage there. Or the next exit it Outlet Center Drive. From Outlet Center Drive you can head to SlashX for lunch and there is a lot of good riding all over that area. Rode all over out there when I was in my teens. It has a lot of different terrain and you can Trophy Truck it all day long out there in your RZR.
Or Stoddard wells... same difference but longer ride to slash x.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Barstow or El Mirage was always one of our go to spots when I had the Rhino. Fun places to go to for a quick jaunt.

Boatracer36

Reaction score

Just looked this up looks like a cool place!! will I have any problems because I dont have A CA OHV Sticker? Just have the AZ License plate with OHV.

rivergames

Reaction score
Gormon is awesome "semi foresty" trails. I haven't been there in a long time because my bike is at the river, but I want to go back soon!

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Just looked this up looks like a cool place!! will I have any problems because I dont have A CA OHV Sticker? Just have the AZ License plate with OHV.

No you are already in the winter months so you will not have any problems out there. Probably lots of AZ plated machines out there. OHV only is fine.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Barstow has got to be closer than all of those places...?

Or you can take Cleghorn exit off the 15 and take the trails to Lake Silverwood. Some good riding and views back there.

Totally forgot about these places...