WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CMA

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Anyone here tuning in tonight?
Luke Combs is so down the earth and real...

KevinR

Reaction score
Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan are the only guys I listen to anymore. And that is rare.

While my Gramps would listen to the Outlaw icons of the 60s-70s and I would join him, I started really going to what I term Outlaw of present times, don’t know if that is correct, about 10 years ago.

Jamey Johnson
Aaron Lewis
Chris Stapleton
Cody Jinks
Whitey Morgan
Sturgill Simpson
Alex Williams
Johnathan Parker

JD D05

Reaction score
Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan are the only guys I listen to anymore. And that is rare.

While my Gramps would listen to the Outlaw icons of the 60s-70s and I would join him, I started really going to what I term Outlaw of present times, don’t know if that is correct, about 10 years ago.

Jamey Johnson
Aaron Lewis
Chris Stapleton
Cody Jinks
Whitey Morgan
Sturgill Simpson
Alex Williams
Johnathan Parker

The only country I listen is the first four on your list. Mostly Jinks though.

KevinR

Reaction score
The only country I listen is the first four on your list. Mostly Jinks though.

We have yet to see Jinks live here in SoCal. Rarely comes here and 2020 was a washout anyway.

Had tickets to see Simpson in May that got cancelled. Seen the others except Parker.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I grew up in small town Tennessee in the 60's. Didn't listen to much more than country other than dialing into WLS (AM), out of Chicago late on weekend nights for something different. Love my older stuff.

JD D05

Reaction score
We have yet to see Jinks live here in SoCal. Rarely comes here and 2020 was a washout anyway.

Had tickets to see Simpson in May that got cancelled. Seen the others except Parker.

I would like to see Jinks. And I hate concerts, only a couple bands I would pay for

playdeep

Reaction score
Can't do the poseur country/pop radio crapola...
I'll take
Cody Jinks
Hayes Caryll
Turnpike Troubadour's
Blackberry Smoke
Reckless Kelly
Mickey&the Motorcars
Jamey Johnson
Wade Bowen
Joshua Hedley
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Lotta great stuff out there...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Well that was a strong Mac Davis tribute...

snafu

Reaction score
I'm enjoying this stripped down version and the performances. Charlie at 86 yrs old singing a classic my pops liked.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I’m watching. I like the new stuff. Really like Luke Combs. But I like them all. Except Miranda Lambert. Her voice is just annoying.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... I spotted stardom for Gabby Barrett after her first performance on American idol three years ago...

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Can't do the poseur country/pop radio crapola...
I'll take
Cody Jinks
Hayes Caryll
Turnpike Troubadour's
Blackberry Smoke
Reckless Kelly
Mickey&the Motorcars
Jamey Johnson
Wade Bowen
Joshua Hedley
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Lotta great stuff out there...

I would have to add Casey Donahue to that list too. We’ve seen him several times, and again a few weeks ago in Lubbock at Cooks Garage. Bri Bagwell is another good Texas country gal (from Las Cruses NM actually) great writing and voice!

playdeep

Reaction score
I would have to add Casey Donahue to that list too. We’ve seen him several times, and again a few weeks ago in Lubbock at Cooks Garage. Bri Bagwell is another good Texas country gal (from Las Cruses NM actually) great writing and voice!
Casey Donahue is excellent.
Bri Bagwell is really good...and easy on the eyes.Her brother races dirt cars in Las Cruces.Good guy.
How about Ryan Bingham from Hobbs N.M.?
Love his music.Hoping he hits soon.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Casey Donahue is excellent.
Bri Bagwell is really good...and easy on the eyes.Her brother races dirt cars in Las Cruces.Good guy.
How about Ryan Bingham from Hobbs N.M.?
Love his music.Hoping he hits soon.
I think we saw Ryan at the Liberty in Roswell a while back. He’ll do well in his time.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Didn't watch it but the wife and I saw Luke Combs twice last year, guy absolutely kills it. Morgan Wallen opened for him in sac and is really good as well. Want to go see Riley Green, Cody Johnson, and Dustin Lynch. Had tickets to Dustin Lynch and Cody Johnson but both shows got cancelled due to COVID.

Reactions: DWC

81Sprint

Reaction score
I didnt watch it, but i usually listen to country more than anything else, George Strait is my all time favorite. His ranch is actually not far from my family's spread in Texas. Jason Aldean, Luke Combs, and Kenny Chesney are what i like for newer guys. Can't listen to hip hop, gives me a headache

wishiknew

Reaction score
Ray wylie Hubbard. Mother blues and Dave Alvin Johnny ace is dead

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Midland and Old Dominion. Seems less pop-y to me and reminds me of older (more traditional I guess) groups.