WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CMG hydraulic jack plate

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Anyone else have one? I have a leak somewhere on mine and can't find the point of origination. It's only a few years old. Is this typical of these jack plates to develope leaks so quickly?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a couple of them. Which model? Cook mfg seems to stand behind their products. Maybe give them a call? They were very helpfull with my project.

RD

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Anyone else have one? I have a leak somewhere on mine and can't find the point of origination. It's only a few years old. Is this typical of these jack plates to develope leaks so quickly?

I have one and it leaks super slow. Jackplate motor pump is toast too. I use a cordless drill to raise the motor now!!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I know more people who had bad experiences with CMC power lift jack plates than I know people who have had good experiences. You're lucky your sliders aren't warn out.

I switched from CMC to HydroDyamics RapidJack several years ago and haven't looked back.

... sorry I can't help you, Tamalewagon. I know recommending another brand isn't much of a contribution when you're trying to fix something.

sorry dog

Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean leak down and not external leak.

Never had a problem out of mine, but I friend occasionally boat with has one that is a slow leaker and the pump motor burned out. He replaced it with a trim motor from a Force.

If you don't see any fluid coming out, then it's probably either the cylinders or the check valves in the motor.

Desert Mirage

Reaction score
My only complaint with Cook manufacturing is they are slow. Never had a leaking issue.