WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CNC Motors Fraud Investigation

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I drove by CNC on the way home yesterday and looking at the truck door that opens on the freeway side it looked like they are cleaning house - that whole section was empty.

hallett21

Reaction score
Just drove by this morning. Looked like a bunch of classic cars all rounded up in the middle of the building. And one older airstream trailer outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nameisbond

Reaction score
Some counties have economic development offices. These offices can offer business tax incentives to move into the county. Many have business parks on county land, cheap leases, and building costs, etc. I wonder if CNC had a cheap loan on their building through the county? Regardless, it would have been better for them to declare bankruptcy and save their reputation. Over robbing to stay one step ahead of the bills. Now their rep is destroyed and not recoverable.

gqchris

Reaction score
Saw that one this morning. More and more stories keep coming out.

This guy broke the cardinal rule though on buying a Ferrari or any exotic. ALWAYS GET AN INDEPENDANT PPI! He trusted the dealer.

When I had my 360, there was NON stop maintenance issues. After owning one, I knew that if I ever opened up the radiator and saw milkshake, it was game over for the heat exchanger and hopefully the gearbox is OK if caught early. But that would have really been caught on a quality PPI.

I give him credit though, he had the balls to drive it up to San Fran from Upland. I never legged mine that far, I just know how temperamental they are!

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
This is not a new trick some getaway with it most get caught -- I would think also that CNC has had this as a common practice there but just finally got them in a big bind spending more than they take in
MERCA

Dunlop auto in Upland was another back in the day
selling and not paying the seller -----did not get fuckered but now of one that did

gqchris

Reaction score
This is not a new trick some getaway with it most get caught -- I would think also that CNC has had this as a common practice there but just finally got them in a big bind spending more than they take in
MERCA

Dunlop auto in Upland was another back in the day
selling and not paying the seller -----did not get fuckered but now of one that did

Me and my buddies call it "Jacking off the Dog to Feed the Cat!". One of our ex-friends got caught up in it once in the Boat Repair business and it finally caught up with him one day.

gqchris

Reaction score
That’s lovingly referred to as “character” LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL, so true sir. I got real familiar with check engine lights!

One time I was pulling into the Supercars at the Beach show in Huntington Beach. Me and my buddy. I went to put the top down because it was getting warm and traffic was stopped, so hey , why not! Fucking thing swallowed itself, got stuck, and it started screaming bloody murder at me. Holy shit. Traffic backed up people honking. If the top is jacked, it wont go in gear. So I had to like man handle it and got it working somehow, pulled in. And that was the last trip I took in her. I was like this life aint for me!

And this was like 8 miles from my house!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
It was only a matter of time before this guy gets seperated from his money. CNC just got to him first. I can't believe how many red flags and mistakes in this purchase. I don't think he'll see the car or his money again.

I have to agree, he let that go WAY too far, still doesn't make it right.

I kept yelling at the video "WHAT ARE YOU? FUCKING STUPID?"

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Just wow!

Title loans against consigned cars, Straight fraud! And the kid in this video needs a new lawyer if his told him it wasn’t worth pursuing. If true, these are much more serious allegations than economic timing and mismanagement. I’d force a police report and be dialing numbers to the DA’s office!

I wrote in here earlier that I consigned a car with them in 2019. They sold it and the only reason I knew it sold was the new owner made contact with me. We proceeded to get the run around trying to collect the funds from CNC, but did eventually get paid.

I wonder how long they would waited to tell us it sold otherwise?!

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
I bought my F430 from them a year ago. The transaction went smooth, with one hiccup because COVID hit the following week. My trade in didn’t get paid off on time, and I had to make an extra payment after I traded it in. They sent me a check to cover that amount.
I hope they are able to make everything right. Apparently the owner worked himself up from being the carwash boy at a car dealership to the owner of CNC.
Unfortunately it’s really gone south... a lot of People have lost tons of money. It’s my understanding that the DA and the DMV are involved now. It’s all over YouTube .

Raffit78

Reaction score
This is pretty crazy

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
This is not just a story of a hard working guy that got in over his head. This guy is in deep shit. He flat out committed fraud, forging owner’s signatures on pink slips and keeping the money. I hope he pays everyone back.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is not just a story of a hard working guy that got in over his head. This guy is in deep shit. He flat out committed fraud, forging owner’s signatures on pink slips and keeping the money. fuck him. FBI is on it now.
That's what I was wondering...guys say CNC wanted the title. Did they sign them over? I would assume high end stuff would have escrow setups. I would also assume people wouldn't freely hand over signed and clear titles for over a half mil in cars. This guy did. I don't know.

Mikes56

Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s really gone south... a lot of People have lost tons of money. It’s my understanding that the DA and the DMV are involved now. It’s all over YouTube .
I just checked with my credit union who financed my F430. They just got the title in December, but I bought the car from CNC 10 months earlier. WTF?..

D19

Reaction score
With the value of some cars, boats, aircraft, rv and etc- I am surprised that there is not a law that requires licensed dealers to use 3rd party escrow companies to collect and distribute funds. It may delay the selling process, create more paperwork and cost the seller/buyer a little in fees, but it could prevent these issues.

Shauna

Reaction score
I'm trying to contact the DA regarding our case. Do you know which department in the DA is investigating? I assume it's in San Bernardino County. There are many of us who handed over the titles, vehicle is gone and have not been paid. Upland PD is useless and the DMV Fraud Investigation department is doing the investigation out of their Riverside office. There needs to be a criminal investigation asap !

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
These companies keep comingling customers funds and thats straight bullshit. Hate to hear these stories.

I know of a well known custom boat company that had operated this way. Customer 2 pays for Customer 1's boat which Customer 2 waits for Customer 3 to fund his build, etc. A lot of that is due to the rising costs of building these much larger boat models for the manufacturer and in general the financing by the customer involved that doesn't pay up front until delivery. When boats were bought for cash or all money upfront (or back in the day when boats weren't the giant models of today), this wasn't a problem. But the boat business has changed for some, and in some cases not for the better.

So its not just shady car dealers.

Disclaimer: There are boat companies that don't do this, or might have done it in the past and gotten out of that hole, so I'm not saying its any or all of them doing this now. I just had experience with one.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I know of a well known custom boat company that had operated this way. Customer 2 pays for Customer 1's boat which Customer 2 waits for Customer 3 to fund his build, etc. A lot of that is due to the rising costs of building these much larger boat models for the manufacturer and in general the financing by the customer involved that doesn't pay up front until delivery. When boats were bought for cash or all money upfront (or back in the day when boats weren't the giant models of today), this wasn't a problem. But the boat business has changed for some, and in some cases not for the better.

So its not just shady car dealers.

Disclaimer: There are boat companies that don't do this, or might have done it in the past and gotten out of that hole, so I'm not saying its any or all of them doing this now. I just had experience with one.
Not just the toy and auto market. When I got out of roofing in 11 or 12, roofing shops were doing the same. The job they were doing was to pay the previous material bill. When a few potential customers were telling me their lower bids, a few times I told them to go with a competitor. I couldn't even get materials for what the bid was. Talked to a couple supply house buddies, and found out the scoop. I couldn't do it. At some point it crumbles, and somebody gets screwed.

gqchris

Reaction score
I'm trying to contact the DA regarding our case. Do you know which department in the DA is investigating? I assume it's in San Bernardino County. There are many of us who handed over the titles, vehicle is gone and have not been paid. Upland PD is useless and the DMV Fraud Investigation department is doing the investigation out of their Riverside office. There needs to be a criminal investigation asap !
Welcome to River Daves Place. I assume you found us thru the amazing Page Rank that this site has.

Maybe someone with knowledge here can lead you in the right path, as noone here that I know of is victims YET.

Sorry to hear about the crap you are going thru. I have been watching your website and have it bookmarked also for updates! Please keep us posted.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Happened to my neighbor, he wanted to put a second story on his home, so he went with the GC with the lowest bid, as in 30% lower than the other two. They tore the roof off, framed up the second story and bailed. He never went after them and they are still in business 25 years later.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
When this was first posted here I went down a little rabbit hole watching videos and Clayton was on a couple of them claiming he was just a little late on some deals, people were trying to ruin his and CNC’s name, if he gets shut down his employees will lose their jobs, all a big misunderstanding BLAH BLAH BLAH. This guy is a pathological liar and has fucked over a lot of people. OCM was peanuts to what this guy pulled off.

Shauna

Reaction score
When this was first posted here I went down a little rabbit hole watching videos and Clayton was on a couple of them claiming he was just a little late on some deals, people were trying to ruin his and CNC’s name, if he gets shut down his employees will lose their jobs, all a big misunderstanding BLAH BLAH BLAH. This guy is a pathological liar and has fucked over a lot of people. OCM was peanuts to what this guy pulled off.
It is a huge investigation at this point. Many people have been harmed. I don't believe one word Clayton says. Liar.

boatpi

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet DMV Investigations unit and maybe RAID auto theft taskforce is all over this X10.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Clay was on Upland Next Door saying this was a big misunderstanding, and everyone has been paid in full. He is a scammer, and hope Bubba likes him in prison.
Edit:
I just went back in to the NextDoor thread, and saw all comments from the dealership have been removed.

Last edited:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
The forever optimist, give me the time to sell another 1000 cars and everyone will be made whole.

Raffit78

Reaction score
He’s just waiting for the sale of the building as quickly as possible, so he can be on a one way trip to another town.

Certainly not sure how anyone will be made hole. Litigations and criminal lawsuits will take years.

Shauna

Reaction score
He’s just waiting for the sale of the building as quickly as possible, so he can be on a one way trip to another town.

Certainly not sure how anyone will be made hole. Litigations and criminal lawsuits will take years.

We can file a lien against the building as that is really the only asset.

Raffit78

Reaction score
We can file a lien against the building as that is really the only asset.

How quick can that happen? How do you prove the legitimacy?

I mean just what we’re seeing unfold is over 30 people, god knows how many more have no clue what’s happening.

outboard_256

Reaction score
That's what I was wondering...guys say CNC wanted the title. Did they sign them over? I would assume high end stuff would have escrow setups. I would also assume people wouldn't freely hand over signed and clear titles for over a half mil in cars. This guy did. I don't know.

I don't think anyone is signing the titles when they give them the cars to sell. That's why so many people are confused when they say there car sold but they didn't sign anything. It sounds like CNC forges the signatures for some reason. Which seems weird since they have permission to sell the car.

rrrr

Reaction score
I believe those that were scammed were reluctant to question the things they were being told because of the altitude that the supercar world flies at. They didn't want to be embarrassed by making a scene, because the buyers and sellers wanted CNC to know they could wait on the money. When you're doing a six figure transaction for an exotic, it would be uncool to show a little sweat.

Those that have made videos about their experiences essentially admit to this behavior, and the guy that was making his first Ferrari purchase had the sickness in a big way. If he had been buying a used CPO Honda Accord and this same scenario occurred, he would have raised hell two days after be bought the car.

I'm amazed the guy bought the 360 without any inspection of the car. The heat exchanger issue on those cars is well known, and all that was needed to find it on his car was draining the transmission fluid. That would have started the investigation.

Instead he fell for the showroom "reveal", and drove the car home. When it came out of gear on that ride, he should have done some Google searches rather than emailing photos of the car to his friends.

Last edited:

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is signing the titles when they give them the cars to sell. That's why so many people are confused when they say there car sold but they didn't sign anything. It sounds like CNC forges the signatures for some reason. Which seems weird since they have permission to sell the car.

they are forging signatures on the titles in order to
Take loans on the car from the flooring company! Cars are still there and not sold til months later, if ever sold at all.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've always looked at these high end independent dealers as trouble, no matter the reputation. I dont get how they can keep a business going with that type of business plan. They all seem to come and go.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I've always looked at these high end independent dealers as trouble, no matter the reputation. I dont get how they can keep a business going with that type of business plan. They all seem to come and go.

They been around for a while so not sure what changed. Perhaps it all changed when they moved in to the new building with the overhead being so large.