WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CNC Motors Fraud Investigation

gqchris

Reaction score
they are forging signatures on the titles in order to
Take loans on the car from the flooring company! Cars are still there and not sold til months later, if ever sold at all.

This...or they are having the sellers sign the DMV Form Reg 260 upon their onboarding packet of listing the vehicle? We used to do that with boats as a precaution but only at time of sale to avoid delays.

In short, with that form, you are releasing all rights to the selling dealer to sign whatever is needed to consumate the deal.

Maybe he was abusing that form?

gqchris

Reaction score
I believe those that were scammed were reluctant to question the things they were being told because of the altitude that the supercar world flies at. They didn't want to be embarrassed by making a scene, because the buyers and sellers wanted CNC to know they could wait on the money. When you're doing a six figure transaction for an exotic, it would be uncool to show a little sweat.

Those that have made videos about their experiences essentially admit to this behavior, and the guy that was making his first Ferrari purchase had the sickness in a big way. If he had been buying a used CPO Honda Accord and this same scenario occurred, he would have raised hell two days after be bought the car.

I'm amazed the guy bought the 360 without any inspection of the car. The heat exchanger issue on those cars is well known, and all that was needed to find it on his car was draining the transmission fluid. That would have started the investigation.

Instead he fell for the showroom "reveal", and drove the car home. When it came out of gear on that ride, he should have done some Google searches rather than emailing photos of the car to his friends.

RRRR you are so right. Someone admitting that they were in a spell during the deal doesn't happen often. Its a primal urge you fight. It only takes one time to learn your lesson, and some learned the hard way.

When I was shopping for my GT, two cars fell off in PPI. I was out about 2500$, but saved my ass in a big way! Paint damage, undisclosed body work etc etc. All this stuff is a red flag in the exotic car world.

Shauna

Reaction score
This...or they are having the sellers sign the DMV Form Reg 260 upon their onboarding packet of listing the vehicle? We used to do that with boats as a precaution but only at time of sale to avoid delays.

In short, with that form, you are releasing all rights to the selling dealer to sign whatever is needed to consumate the deal.

Maybe he was abusing that form?
No, the car owners didn't sign the 260. They did hand over the pink slip and keys. Either the car was sold with an unsigned title transferred or in most cases pink slipped was forged (allegedly)

Taboma

Reaction score
Seems like the luxury exotic car business gets it's share of negative press. I know Marc Chase from Symbolic Motors in La Jolla was always on the radar as being a donation strawman for various politicians.
This guy made big news in San Diego for "Cleaning" drug money.

Mussari Motors.JPG

rrrr

Reaction score
gqchris said:
When I was shopping for my GT, two cars fell off in PPI. I was out about 2500$, but saved my ass in a big way! Paint damage, undisclosed body work etc etc. All this stuff is a red flag in the exotic car world.

This reminded me of the Gas Monkey garage apes rebuilding what should have been a totaled GT. Tops on my list of unbelievable fuckups was their willingness to use a rosebud torch and come a longs on subframe components, and welding gussets to heat treated hydroformed suspension parts.

It would be interesting to perform laser 3D measurements on the exposed frame and suspension of the repaired car and an unmolested example. You can imagine the results of that.

NickG

Reaction score
I had a limited edition Dodge Challenger consigned with them and got it pulled out today. Building was closed, entrances to parking lot blocked with vehicles and a sign on the door to call. I got Clay on the phone who said to make an appointment. I insisted, and fortunately he showed up 15 min later and I was able to get my vehicle out of there. He did say because I talked to somebody else about it being on the social media, a CNC investigation, that I was aiding w/spreading false rumors and slander and that I would be hearing from his attorney...Well if its not true why are they closed? and why was my consignment contract prematurely nullified with no argument? Contractually speaking the car was supposed to stay in their inventory thru mid May...Many cars gone now! Anyway got my car back today April 10. I was lucky! Feel bad for the victims...

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
I had a limited edition Dodge Challenger consigned with them and got it pulled out today. Building was closed, entrances to parking lot blocked with vehicles and a sign on the door to call. I got Clay on the phone who said to make an appointment. I insisted, and fortunately he showed up 15 min later and I was able to get my vehicle out of there. He did say because I talked to somebody else about it being on the social media, a CNC investigation, that I was aiding w/spreading false rumors and slander and that I would be hearing from his attorney...Well if its not true why are they closed? and why was my consignment contract prematurely nullified with no argument? Contractually speaking the car was supposed to stay in their inventory thru mid May...Many cars gone now! Anyway got my car back today April 10. I was lucky! Feel bad for the victims...

He's moved to the next step of intimidation. By threatening those that use their brains and extricate their cars from his grasp before a hearing shuts everything down, he has exposed his culpability in the scheme.

When his letter comes, get a good laugh and throw it in a bottom drawer. It'll stay there a long time, without any action required from you.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
The property has already been purchased by a new owner. At this point I am not sure what he is going to do with it.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The property has already been purchased by a new owner. At this point I am not sure what he is going to do with it.

for 16.5m that’s a hell of a chunk for a building that is suited for not much more than a big garage.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, Clay claims he rents...but lives in a house owned by the family trust? In San Antonio Heights? Poor baby!
I don't know. He claims poor me, poor me. If you F'd up, admit it, pay up and move on.

Joker

Reaction score
Saw a really nice G wagon in Huntington several months back with CNC paper plates and just saw it again last week with the same plates. Wondering if they’re a victim as well.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He moved out some time ago as the house was for sale. Closed last week. Public info.

Crossed out info as I know the buyer.
View attachment 993944
It's a nice area. Had looked at a place up there before I bought my place in Alta Loma.

Assuming the trust got the money from the sale of the home...that means those screwed can't touch any of it? Can the trust now pay out money for defense attorneys?

Sad, in the pic it shows an American flag, and what looks to be a Gadsden flag. Pretty upsetting to see the "American Dream" this guy may have had involved stealing others' dreams. Whole different kind of thief if this is true.

nowski

Reaction score
About four to fives years ago I had a pretty good conversation with one of the guys from CNC. Guy was telling me on numerous occasions they would sell the same car more than once. Big baller guys would come in and buy the flavor of the month and when the newness wore off they'd trade it in for the next car they had to have. Man talk about a revolving door where you have your repeat customer and returning inventory, a sellers dream...

Taboma

Reaction score
At least the law has given CNC plenty of time to cook and re-cook their books, or load any incriminating evidence in a cargo container and bury it in the desert. 😁

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Channel 9 just did a tease on the CNC issues coming in a few minutes.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Any updates on the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Seems like the luxury exotic car business gets it's share of negative press. I know Marc Chase from Symbolic Motors in La Jolla was always on the radar as being a donation strawman for various politicians.
This guy made big news in San Diego for "Cleaning" drug money.

View attachment 990675
Funny, buddy bought a bunch of high end cars through Symbolic at their Beverly Hills store when they had a shop there. Was a lot of fun going down taking cars off their hands. Doesn't surprise me the aligations.

bonesfab

Reaction score

USCFAN

Former Shitbox Owner...
Reaction score
8 Mill seems pretty steep considering. Wouldn't be shocked if that was reduced significantly at his next court date. He definitely screwed over a lot of people in that deal.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just heard that they lowered his bail to $100k.

Haven’t verified it tho.

“Mrs.”

100K for something like this I'd be gone on the next flight and return after the statute of limitations.. LOL

RD

traquer

Reaction score
Wow this sucks. There's a similar ultra high-end private exotic car dealer a few minutes down the highway from my place in Texas. I hope they don't go that route, but it's the same story, not sure how they can stay profitable with all the massive buildings and employees they have and all that.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
A friend of mine is an investigator with the DMV and at the time, he had told me this guy was being forced by a cartel to launder cash for them. That’s how he built that large building off the 210. Don’t know if it’s true or not.

Tank

Reaction score
100K for something like this I'd be gone on the next flight and return after the statute of limitations.. LOL

RD
Yeah. I’d be gone too. But man, you look at the non extradition countries. Brutal.

Maldives, napal, Morocco or Vietnam sounds about the best bet maybe Hong Kong.
But it’s gonna be rough. Better than prison
I suppose.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah. I’d be gone too. But man, you look at the non extradition countries. Brutal.

I suppose.

What about Belize? Besides it's not like he's El Chapo.. I seriously doubt they'd come for him even in Baja over 100K. Especially if he posted his own bond, or made it right with the bondsmen after he bailed.

RD

Tank

Reaction score
What about Belize? Besides it's not like he's El Chapo.. I seriously doubt they'd come for him even in Baja over 100K. Especially if he posted his own bond, or made it right with the bondsmen after he bailed.

RD
Belize is on there? Im in.
But by the way there’s no statute of limitations on tax fraud.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
A friend of mine is an investigator with the DMV and at the time, he had told me this guy was being forced by a cartel to launder cash for them. That’s how he built that large building off the 210. Don’t know if it’s true or not.
How did they possibly miss this in the indictment? 🤣

Done-it-again

Reaction score

I suppose.

RD
Pretty sure his passport has been revoked... He was a flight risk in the beginning and then he sold is Upland home....