WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Co-Driver(s) needed for race car

yz450mm

Reaction score
We finally have the race car finished up and ready to go, first race is in 2 weeks in Barstow. We are in need of one or possibly two co-drivers to participate in five or six races a year.

The races are in Barstow, Lucerne, and Ridgecrest, with the possibility of doing bigger races in the future if everything works out.

Your duties include watching the GPS, watching gauges, calling out dangerous and sharp turns, bullshiting with the driver to break up the monotony, changing flat tires, helping with repairs, helping with race car prep, Logistics in the pits while you're not in the car, pit set up and take down, Etc...

You will need a race suit, race helmet, and Hans device. You also serve as a backup driver in case one of us can't make it or is injured or sick.

The car is a Class 10 off-road race car, capable of 100+ mph, brand new Weddle hv1 transmission, fresh 2.4 Ecotec motor, brand new King suspension, fully overhauled. It's not slow, and I push it right to the edge. The other driver is a bit more reserved, LOL.

So who wants to be a race car (co)driver?

IMG_20190112_024442_006.jpeg
20190112_024204.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HighRoller

Mr. All or Nothing
Reaction score
We finally have the race car finished up and ready to go, first race is in 2 weeks in Barstow. We are in need of one or possibly two co-drivers to participate in five or six races a year.

The races are in Barstow, Lucerne, and Ridgecrest, with the possibility of doing bigger races in the future if everything works out.

Your duties include watching the GPS, watching gauges, calling out dangerous and sharp turns, bullshiting with the driver to break up the monotony, changing flat tires, helping with repairs, helping with race car prep, Logistics in the pits while you're not in the car, pit set up and take down, Etc...

You will need a race suit, race helmet, and Hans device. You also serve as a backup driver in case one of us can't make it or is injured or sick.

The car is a Class 10 off-road race car, capable of 100+ mph, brand new Weddle hv1 transmission, fresh 2.4 Ecotec motor, brand new King suspension, fully overhauled. It's not slow, and I push it right to the edge. The other driver is a bit more reserved, LOL.

View attachment 718647 View attachment 718648

Oh Damn. Keep me in mind for future races as I will be moving to Havasu shortly and want to get back into racing. I have a lot of experience wrenching on dirt cars and although I am a HORRIBLE passenger...because my biggest life skill is driving

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Sick rides! I'd definitely jump in if you were in TX. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding people tho.

HighRoller

Mr. All or Nothing
Reaction score
Oh Damn. Keep me in mind for future races as I will be moving to Havasu shortly and want to get back into racing. I have a lot of experience wrenching on dirt cars and although I am a HORRIBLE passenger...because my biggest life skill is driving
P.S. I have all the safety equipment

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’d be interested but can’t make the race in 2 weeks. I have all the safety gear.

DLC

Reaction score
How much is this going to cost us?

I’ve done app 30 plus co drives, score and HDRA way Back in the day, prepped a Ford 7 truck, 5-1600 and 5 unlimited, would need to spend a little time. With the car to get familier with it....

I would just buy new gear to go ride...

yz450mm

Reaction score
Really happy to see all the interest! This actually used to be a 3000 car, but we got tired of it breaking and the class pretty much died, so we cut the back half off and made it a 10 car.

We split the entry fee evenly between the drivers and co-drivers. It's not much for the MORE races, but if we decided to do bigger races in the future than the cost would go up. I would guess around two to three hundred bucks per person for MORE.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Really happy to see all the interest! This actually used to be a 3000 car, but we got tired of it breaking and the class pretty much died, so we cut the back half off and made it a 10 car.

We split the entry fee evenly between the drivers and co-drivers. It's not much for the MORE races, but if we decided to do bigger races in the future than the cost would go up. I would guess around two to three hundred bucks per person for MORE.

I have co driven MORE races in a 1400 truck and co driven a 10 car (practice day only)

Would need to buy up to date gear but interested

Cdog

Reaction score
Awesome! I road race in a national Pro series SRF3 and run top 10 in my class. Would love to do some off-road. I’ve got commitments the next couple of weeks & Cota in February. Put me on your future maybe list.

Cdog

Reaction score
If any of you guys need a Suit. I’ve got an older Sparco suit in size 58. It’s in great condition. $225 shipped.

DLC

Reaction score
Most drivers don’t like to ride, funny how that is...

Everyone has there own style and we all see things differently while driving, it’s amazing how 6 inches one way or the other will completely change the ride quality ... and then some people will hit the same rock as everyone in Frt of them...as they play follow the leader...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 718647 View attachment 718648

My nephew has co_piloted a few off road races. I can hit him up if you don't find anyone. He is a full time airlines pilot, so he has recourses for this sorta thing.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I had the chance to co dog a class one this last year in Baja. Unreal experience. If you can ride shot gun in a car in twisty roads, and text on your phone all at the same time, then you are good to go. Let’s just say, I can’t do all of those things at the same time. I barfed it my hat. So, this year I am fuel boy, and my son is co dog. It’s ok though. I’m promised all the Tecate light I can drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nordictom

Reaction score
I would be interested, but after 7 years Co Driving a 7s, 1 Championship & a couple runner ups...………. the wife would divorce me. Still have my gear though.
When you are at a Barstow - Lucerne race, I would be interested in helping in the pit.

NT

TPayne

Reaction score
I can help you out depending on what the race dates are, as I manage my son's Little League team and have a race truck of my own. We have run the full BITD series the past few years as well as some SNORE races.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547529304362.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547529304362.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 103

yz450mm

Reaction score
Well, the day didn't end up like we had hoped, but it did end up like I knew it would. We found the weak points of the car, and we will address them starting tomorrow.

The course was super rough, and after blowing out a front shock on the first lap, we blew the replacement shock on the second lap. Leading up to that point, I noticed the car starting to pop on decel, and the exhaust started getting louder, so I knew we had a leak.

Once I noticed the front driver side wheel flopping around, I pulled over and saw that we had not only blown the shock, but lost all the exhaust header/muffler flange bolts too.

We have a solid plan in place to rebuild the whole front suspension of the car, using new king coilovers and bypasses. We will be ready for the next race in March, and at this point I'm confident that we have the kinks identified and ready to be worked out.

43412~2.jpeg
43433.jpeg
43431~2.jpeg
20190126_165354~2.jpeg

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Kind of a coincidence, a few days ago a friend of mine called me out of the blue and asked if I would be interested in helping him out co-drive his TrophyLite truck for Pre-running down in Baja since I have a few years racing bikes under my belt with BITD. Think he's more into the Norra series tho. I told him I was into helping him out. It's gotta be pretty tough finding guys to help out that have a flexible work schedule to get away for a few days to Pre-run and/or race. He told me to bone up on LeadNavsystems and In-reach. So looks like I have some homework to do.

rrrr

Reaction score
Finding those weak spots and fixing them can be one of the most frustrating aspects of racing. It's demoralizing to DNF, but keep after it.