WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coachella - anybody else on edge? Will it go forward, or not?

C-2

Reaction score
Today Goldenvoice cancelled Cruel World, which had been re-scheduled to Sept 12. Sucks, that was the greatest one-day lineup since the US Festivals. I'm worried that was the last chance to catch Johnny Rotten and Debbie Harry, ever.

So you think Coachella, scheduled for October 9-11, and 16-18 will also be axed?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Probably depends what dictator Newson thinks about large gatherings.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Today Goldenvoice cancelled Cruel World, which had been re-scheduled to Sept 12. Sucks, that was the greatest one-day lineup since the US Festivals. I'm worried that was the last chance to catch Johnny Rotten and Debbie Harry, ever.

So you think Coachella, scheduled for October 9-11, and 16-18 will also be axed?
Wasnt stagecoach canceled completely?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I run one of the medical tents at the festivals every year, as of now we are told that things are still as planned for the fall. Golden voice hasn't made any indication for the Coachella and stagecoach being cancelled as of yet. Honestly I would not be surprised if it does though, it seems every year more problems arise with the attendees. The demand for medical continues to grow every year

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
My money is it moves to another state. once it moves, it will never return to ca

LC925

Reaction score
Wasnt stagecoach canceled completely?

As of right now it’s still scheduled for Oct. 23-25
045FA202-5491-4362-8A0D-8F06FC474749.png

C-2

Reaction score
KROQ is reporting artists are being asked to re-schedule to 2021; no 2020 show. Rage has cancelled all their 2020 dates.

Bummer

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Big one for us is Sturgis.........they are making the go / no go announcement on 6/15. Even if they cancel it we will still go, the only thing that would be missing would be the bands.

77charger

Reaction score
IMO they know in ca its a done deal.The governor has already stated no large gatherings for rest of year and ca is a nanny state so you can bet that he will stick to his words.

I thought i read that when promoters cancel an event they have to refund the ticket cost when they "postpone"they dont have to refund.

Dbroncos

Reaction score
I was told by the County of Riverside that all of the Polo Grounds events have been canceled through 2020

Reactions: DWC

LC925

Reaction score
IMO they know in ca its a done deal.The governor has already stated no large gatherings for rest of year and ca is a nanny state so you can bet that he will stick to his words.

I thought i read that when promoters cancel an event they have to refund the ticket cost when they "postpone"they dont have to refund.

I believe I received an email from Stagecoach when this was first “postponed” that we can opt for a refund if those dates don’t work for us or we can hold onto them and wait for the new dates. But who knows, things have changed quickly lately.

C-2

Reaction score
I believe I received an email from Stagecoach when this was first “postponed” that we can opt for a refund if those dates don’t work for us or we can hold onto them and wait for the new dates. But who knows, things have changed quickly lately.

Goldenvoice also promoted Cruel World and they had postponed that event too (Sep 9).

Then, they said you had until June 1 to cancel your tics and get a refund. I didn't know what to do as I really wanted to go to the show, but they made the decision for everybody by cancelling the event on 5/26/20.

If you purchased tickets from any other vendor, it sounds like you may be out of luck. I gotta tell ya, not purchasing "ticket insurance" made me a bit nervous, but hopefully they do the right thing.

From the email I received:

Hello World,

Cruel World has been cancelled. Your order will automatically be cancelled and refunded. You will receive funds within 30 business days.

From Goldenvoice:

cruelworld cancel.JPG

BONER

Reaction score
Anything is possible with that fucking Govenor.

teded

Reaction score
I was told by the County of Riverside that all of the Polo Grounds events have been canceled through 2020

Who at the Countytold you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I like your optimism...asking if a huge festival will go on as scheduled in Kalifornia o_O :oops:

As for never seeing Debbie Harry again all I can say is, "good" - she was terrific a long time ago but hell, she's 75 now and it's a hard 75 😲

Dbroncos

Reaction score
A buddy works for the Sheriffs department in the desert. He is one of the LEO organizers scheduling his department and was told they were canceling this year.