WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coastal Marine Export BEWARE You be the judge

relaxalot

Reaction score
I was surfing another boating forum "Offshore Only" (I am sorry). I saw an ad for Mercury Maximus Propellers for around 1200 bucks. I contacted Mike Wood at Coastal Marine Export and he said that he had the exact prop I needed in stock a 30 pitch 5 blade Mercury Maximus short tube 15.25 diameter RH. He texted me a photo of it. I ordered it and I paid with AMEX and also bought a new hub and paid for shipping. The total was 1486.71. He sent me a copy of the invoice and it did not have anything stating that there were no returns on propellers on the paperwork. I received the prop and it was a 32 pitch hub that had been repitched and stamped 30 in a barely legible stamp. I tried it on my boat and it must be really pitched down because my boat redlined it at about 70 mph. It is not a 30 pitch prop. It is a 32 (as stamped on the hub) and repitched to something much lower. I contacted Mike Wood from CME and he said that he would not accept the return. Do you think this is fair? He then sent another invoice with the words NO RETURNS ON PROPELLERS stamped on it. On my original (which I have in writing) it never said this. I would gladly accept a real 30 pitch maximus propeller and be happy to pay for it but he sent me a 32 repitched. And he also told me that Mercury doesn't make a 30 pitch Maximus. I just want to warn any potential customers of Coastal Marine Export to beware of their business practices. So I am asking you as potential customers.. am I wrong here? Do you think this is fair? I have a 1500 dollar paperweight that is not what I ordered! That I am forced to keep? I ordered a new Mercury Maximus propeller in a 30 pitch and recieved a reworked 32 pitch. What would you do? It seems like a reputable vendor would make this right. I gave him the chance but he refuses.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I was surfing another boating forum "Offshore Only" (I am sorry). I saw an ad for Mercury Maximus Propellers for around 1200 bucks. I contacted Mike Wood at Coastal Marine Export and he said that he had the exact prop I needed in stock a 30 pitch 5 blade Mercury Maximus short tube 15.25 diameter RH. He texted me a photo of it. I ordered it and I paid with AMEX and also bought a new hub and paid for shipping.
Will Paul Harvey be on at the top of the hour “with the rest of the story”

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I look at it like this, you ordered a new 30 and expected that but were sent a rework. In my illogical thinking the vendor should accept your return with full credit. I'd dispute it with AMEX and if needed take him to small claims.
That's just my opinion, others may vary.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
No doubt about calling your credit card.
I don't see any time frames so that might be an issue?
Good luck.

relaxalot

Reaction score
I look at it like this, you ordered a new 30 and expected that but were sent a rework. In my illogical thinking the vendor should accept your return with full credit. I'd dispute it with AMEX and if needed take him to small claims.
That's just my opinion, others may vary.
Thank you for your opinion. I did dispute the claim with Amex and he sent in an invoice as backup that said "No returns on propellers" the invoice he sent me did not state that. Amex charged me back. I was surprised. I didn't receive what I ordered. He told me that Mercury doesn't make a stock 30 pitch Maximus. What do you think? At least I didn't get his company name from RDP! Maybe learned my lesson from hanging on other forums!!

relaxalot

Reaction score
I sent this to Amex but I don't think they really understand the repitching of a prop. I am going to call them tomorrow. I just want to caution everyone that Coastal Marine Export is not selling what they advertised. It is like ordering a certain size tire and they send you another size that they have trimmed down to make it sorta like the one you ordered. Not a good vendor in my opinion. I did put up a post on OSO.

relaxalot

Reaction score
I just looked up mercury and bblades and they both show 30 pitch
I know they make them.. I have used them myself. I actually can't believe this guy did this. Wait till Kap hears about this.. Ha. He liked his facebook page....I would be curious of his legal opinion.. seriously.. I can't believe that people can be like this in business today.

relaxalot

Reaction score
upload_2019-8-28_22-15-44.jpeg
This is the prop that I was sent. It was clearly a 32 pitch as stamped on the hub and now reworked and stamped as a 30. They box it came in says 30 pitch. I was told that Mike at Coast Marine Exports had they exact 30 pitch in stock.. this is what I received. He then told me no refunds. It is not what I ordered. I wanted a new unmolested stock 30 pitch maximus. BTW, I did post this up in OSO and they moved it to the Beware and stolen section. I thought that Mike would correct the problem or refund my money but Nooooooo...

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score

AmEx needs some education.
Any boater can read that was a 32, that has been worked down to what someone stated is a 30.
If invoice states new 32 prop, I can’t understand why Amex would charge back. Evidence of original e-mail or package without ‘no return stamp’ should of closed this in your favor.

Total PIA. Bad marine shops hurt every boater

relaxalot

Reaction score
This is a copy of our conversation.. I ordered a stock Maximus prop.. what I received was pictured.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You paid for a new 30p prop and were delivered a reworked 32p. At that point you should have started the return process instead of trying it out. This is a tough one. Seller is in the wrong but you did use the prop and it's now a used reworked 32p.

Bear Down

Reaction score
You paid for a new 30p prop and were delivered a reworked 32p. At that point you should have started the return process instead of trying it out. This is a tough one. Seller is in the wrong but you did use the prop and it's now a used reworked 32p.
That is a good point, maybe the terms were changed/updated because the prop was used for testing. If it was a brand new prop, terms can be different, but since it was reworked, probably looser terms...IDK.. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

I'm thinking it was already a used reworked 32p prop. You don't rework a 32p to something different and not test it. Seller sold it as new, this is straight up fraud. If AMEX does not reverse course the only solution would be small claims but seller is probably out of state, so that would be difficult and expensive.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
That is bullshit. I'd go after his ass 120% direct and let him know he needs to make good or feel the wrath on every forum imaginable. He chose to go the hard way.......

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If AMex already rejected your claim, figure out what the prop actually is and sell it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If it was reworked than it was used before he got it.. lol

Magic Mike

Reaction score
If Amex won't help and you can't sell it and get close to your money back, try small claims.
I just went through it, took a year got a judgement and that fool still wouldn't pay. Had the Sheriff levy his joint account with his wife, paid in full 30 days later. They can also take money out of his cash register in person(if he has one) and a few other fun ways.

If that doesn't work, look up Wes Watson on youtube...

JBS

Reaction score
Seems very clear that Coastal Marine did not ship what was promised. I would direct Amex to this thread and the one on OSO.

I have always had great service from Amex. You need to go up a level.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
If Amex won't help and you can't sell it and get close to your money back, try small claims.
I just went through it, took a year got a judgement and that fool still wouldn't pay. Had the Sheriff levy his joint account with his wife, paid in full 30 days later. They can also take money out of his cash register in person(if he has one) and a few other fun ways.

If that doesn't work, look up Wes Watson on youtube...
Just discovered that guy. Crazy channel.

relaxalot

Reaction score
I have written him a letter explaining my position. I will see how he wants to solve it. I have told him that I am willing to spend many times the money than the prop cost. I am hoping he chooses the proper way to handle this. It is not a matter of money for me. I am bugged by the business practice of telling me in writing that he is sending me a stock maximus prop in a 30 pitch and then he sends me a reworked prop. I ordered a new prop Mercury Maximus in 30 pitch. Now I have a reworked 32 pitch. Not exactly what I ordered. I don't even know if he is aware of RDP and all of the other boating facebook groups. I am willing to stand behind what I believe and I want him to be able to run his business but I feel like I was wronged and the law will fall on my side. I am pretty sure that you cannot tell someone in writing that you are getting one thing, have them pay for it in full and then not offer them compensation when they request to return it. Unless there was a prior agreement made in writing. Which there was not. Thank you for all of your input and opinions. I am not into drama but I am into proper business transactions.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Big difference between a stock and so called re-worked prop. Thats not even the same thing.

Thats like saying the 300 lb wart hog they delivered is the same thing as the hot blond supermodel russian wife you ordered. ;):cool:

shunter2005

Reaction score
Do you have a copy of his invoice that says "No returns" and yours that says, nothing about it? If not, ask AMEX to send you a copy of his. Evidence!!! Get all you can.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have written him a letter explaining my position. I will see how he wants to solve it. I have told him that I am willing to spend many times the money than the prop cost. I am hoping he chooses the proper way to handle this. It is not a matter of money for me. I am bugged by the business practice of telling me in writing that he is sending me a stock maximus prop in a 30 pitch and then he sends me a reworked prop. I ordered a new prop Mercury Maximus in 30 pitch. Now I have a reworked 32 pitch. Not exactly what I ordered. I don't even know if he is aware of RDP and all of the other boating facebook groups. I am willing to stand behind what I believe and I want him to be able to run his business but I feel like I was wronged and the law will fall on my side. I am pretty sure that you cannot tell someone in writing that you are getting one thing, have them pay for it in full and then not offer them compensation when they request to return it. Unless there was a prior agreement made in writing. Which there was not. Thank you for all of your input and opinions. I am not into drama but I am into proper business transactions.

If he wasn’t aware he is about to be.. this is after one day. The SEO that rdp has ranks extremely high in google and other search engines.

3916740A-96DC-4D0D-AB95-C8F6D742B598.png
A8DDF1E3-3A1C-44BF-AC54-8CF5220E01DE.png

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Well you should keep talking about it. So far when you Google Coastal Marine Export, this thread is on the second page of search results. Soon enough it could be on the first...

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
There is a shady Marine shop on every corner in Florida.

Dispute the charge with AMEX and then buy a legit prop from Teague, Boostpower, GT, Eliminator, Howard......etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well you should keep talking about it. So far when you Google Coastal Marine Export, this thread is on the second page of search results. Soon enough it could be on the first...

After one day that's pretty good. LOL.

It's not like someone posts something and it instantly is in the top 3. I'd bet this will be in the top three in a short amount of time though.

RD

Justfishing

Reaction score
Thank you for your opinion. I did dispute the claim with Amex and he sent in an invoice as backup that said "No returns on propellers" the invoice he sent me did not state that. Amex charged me back. I was surprised. I didn't receive what I ordered. He told me that Mercury doesn't make a stock 30 pitch Maximus. What do you think? At least I didn't get his company name from RDP! Maybe learned my lesson from hanging on other forums!!
He is in the business and you are not. He knows they dont make a 30 as he is in the business. He represented is as something it was not. I would take his original listing and invoice. Present to cc cc company as proff. I would also send the same info to his local bbb.

Another place to post truthfull info on bad actors is on offshore only. They gave a section devoted to exposing frauds. Even if you dont get your money back you can make it harder to operate

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
More going on... I am wondering what pitch you've had on the boat before. Was the desired 30 pitch a guess on your part or a suggestion on his part?? If your Rs red lined, and it IS a 30 pitch, that tells me a 30 isn't what you want...IMO, the 32 was reworked to something less than a 30... Can you take the prop in question to a "wheel man" with a prop gauge and find out exactly what it is.. Your suit would gain a lot if you certify it isn't a 30 after all... The "red line" comment makes me wonder about diameter. Smaller diameter WILL increase Rs. Yeah, YOU NEED A SECOND OPINION OF WHAT YOU REALLY HAVE... Also, have you contacted Mercury Marine about their shady distributor?
Props are a science. The right one is 1000% percent better than the wrong one...
My prop guy is Ron Hill, he has been doing props since before dirt was discovered...
Ray

relaxalot

Reaction score
I understand props very well and have been a tester for many. I have had Maximus props in 28, 29 and 30 and I currently run a 32. My boat will run a touch over 100 with the 32 in good conditions. 92-94 in hot conditions loaded heavy. I also run a 31 P5x and I have run the four blade B1's in 28, 30, 32, 33, 34. I have run the new Max 5 props in a 30 pitch. I actually ordered this prop in a 15.25 diameter. It is actually a 15-5/8 diameter 32 pitch prop supposedly pitched to a 30. Probably would guage out at a 27 pitch based on my past experience with props. I ran this same boat with 600 hp and 730 hp and now somewhere around 880 to 890 depending on who you believe. My beef with CME is that I was told in writing that I was going to be receiving exactly what I ordered.. a 30 pitch Maximus in 30 P RH 15.25 diameter. What I recieved was a 32 pitch rebuilt/repitched prop in a 15-5/8 diameter that acts like a 26 or 27. I did not order a rebuilt repaired prop. I was told this was a stock maximus 30 pitch. NOT SO>> I wanted the prop to take my son and his friends out on the boat when it was loaded down. Most of them are over 200 pound beasts.. When you load up all of our stuff and fuel and 8 people on the boat I could use a smaller prop. Keeps the outdrive alive... As for CME.. I contacted a lawyer today. I contacted Amex and sent more documentation including this thread as well as the one on OSO as well as documents and photos for backup. I spoke to a supervisor and I think they have an understanding that I received something other than what was advertised on OSO. (which was new maximus propellers in any pitch). I sent them the ads and all of our written conversation. I told them to go to an expert to ask any technical questions and suggested Mercury Marine.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
As big of a horses ass as he is, Bob Teague will sell you what you want, and stand behind it.

Yea, I said he's a jackass. He's also an HONEST ONE....
Some fuckwit from Florida will bend you over every time you produce a CC #.....

Coast Mar Exp

Reaction score
We have been in business for 7 years and have many very happy customers all over the world!

This customer received what he ordered and was told we do not offer any returns on propeller purchases
which was clearly noted on his invoice. He contacted us via email a week after his purchase and also after
he was using the propeller. We told him we do not offer any returns on propeller purchases. He then processed
an Amex charge back for the purchase which Amex reviewed and ruled in our favor.
I'm sorry he's not happy with the charge back outcome and has to go and try to discredit our company here and on other social media platforms.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
We have been in business for 7 years and have many very happy customers all over the world!

This customer received what he ordered and was told we do not offer any returns on propeller purchases
which was clearly noted on his invoice. He contacted us via email a week after his purchase and also after
he was using the propeller. We told him we do not offer any returns on propeller purchases. He then processed
an Amex charge back for the purchase which Amex reviewed and ruled in our favor.
I'm sorry he's not happy with the charge back outcome and has to go and try to discredit our company here and on other social media platforms.

Did you send him an original prop or one that has been reworked?

96scarab

Reaction score

He ordered a repitched prop?

82daytona

Reaction score

Give the guy a 30 and move on [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

You obviously did not send him what he ordered, because if you did, none of this would be happening.

Stop screwing around, send him what he ordered and then the thread here and on OSO go away.

Every minute this continues to drag out, the worse it gets for you. If you google your business this thread and the OSO thread are on page 1 and they will continue moving up in rank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Id be interested in hearing your full side of this story but the pictured text stream claims it to be a brand new 30p, not a reworked one which is pretty damning if you ask me. The prop does not appear to be damaged in any way, just change it out and part ways with him.

Either way, none of my prop guys would ever pull anything like this with me and they would clearly state to me that it was a refurbished/repitched prop and the word "new" would not be mentioned whatsoever.