WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cobra performance REGATTA, we need to get all the new "COBRA" owners together in Lake Havasu for a weekend, any ideas?

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Great idea
We haven’t had a gathering in years

It may be a stretch to get a group this year

But next year ……. Very doable

Dirtbag

Reaction score
make a group on facebook for cobra boat owners. great way to meet and welcome new and old members.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
make a group on facebook for cobra boat owners. great way to meet and welcome new and old members.

let’s take owners away from a central spot so we can make it an independent spot, then ask the central spot for money every year so that the members of the individual spot don’t participate in the central spot.

I’m not really a huge fan of that idea.. but that is me..

Ya want the biggest cobra or shockwave or ultra or xyz meetup ever? Hit me up I can make that happen.

I’m not sponsoring anymore regattas or meetups either.. sponsored the last 35 or so.. waste of money.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
let’s take owners away from a central spot so we can make it an independent spot, then ask the central spot for money every year so that the members of the individual spot don’t participate in the central spot.

Ya want the biggest cobra or shockwave or ultra or xyz meetup ever? Hit me up I can make that happen.

I’m not sponsoring anymore regattas or meetups either.. sponsored the last 35 or so.. waste of money.
as much as i love this site Dave it just doesnt have the reach that facebook does.....i would also consider this site a hardcore boaters forum whereas facebook is anything but....you have a niche...you dominate that niche...i know on our facebook page we promote this site.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
as much as i love this site Dave it just doesnt have the reach that facebook does.....i would also consider this site a hardcore boaters forum whereas facebook is anything but....you have a niche...you dominate that niche...i know on our facebook page we promote this site.
maybe you should think about having manufacturer forums here where us shockwave people, or eliminator people, or cobra people can congregrate and have a dedicated locations to post events and meetups similar to what we do on facebook oh and post all the pictures of us boating.......would also give your advertisers some love!....just a thought!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
1658829272062.png

1430 active members on our fb page in the last week dave....transfer some of that here x dcb eliminator cobra hallet nordic magic conquest skater outerlimits mystic = more traffic = more ad revenue = more johnson family vacations!

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
There is a mohave dam run in a couple weeks Aug 13
Good times with great peeps
Great way to stretch the legs of the green machine 🍻

Jay Dub

Reaction score

Please continue with HinH. Hallett owners appreciate your support.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
View attachment 1140568

1430 active members on our fb page in the last week dave....transfer some of that here x dcb eliminator cobra hallet nordic magic conquest skater outerlimits mystic = more traffic = more ad revenue = more johnson family vacations!

I am just grumpy from driving thousands of miles (even if it’s a good time) and having a 30 rack of coorslight last night.. lol

That said though I’d contend that our time is better off probably covering these meetups than sponsoring them. We spend anywhere from 3-500 for ea one of these things and I don’t know if we have ever gotten anything out of one..

Carlos90041

Reaction score
There are alot of new Cobra boat owners in California and Arizona, maybe we can all find a weekend in Sept to take a run after Labor Day, can anyone help put this together? Any help greatly appreciated,
There is a Cobra boat owners FB group already. We can inform/ ask on there. LMK it’ll be pretty cool to get a group together.

Singleton

Reaction score
I am just grumpy from driving thousands of miles (even if it’s a good time) and having a 30 rack of coorslight last night.. lol

That said though I’d contend that our time is better off probably covering these meetups than sponsoring them. We spend anywhere from 3-500 for ea one of these things and I don’t know if we have ever gotten anything out of one..
Conversion rate has to be very low. While some business that sponsor events might pick up a few customers (detail shop, mechanic, etc), that covers the cost of sponsorship. Linking new members to an event is difficult and unless you are selling gear at the event, money is going out the door vs coming back.

Event coordination has been difficult and you have tried multiple times (calendar, etc). Most of us old school members don’t leave the forums, so maybe mfg groups (photo of boats get you into that section), might drive some usage away from FB.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

All the dam run info

JFMFG

Reaction score

Dave do you have any plans for a rdp regatta or meetup this year?

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I
Dave do you have any plans for a rdp regatta or meetup this year?
I think in the events thread that @RiverDiva made earlier this year there was mention of an RDP Regatta return this year. I could be mistaken. Sometimes I find an old resurrected thread and don’t realize it’s from 5 years ago. 🤣

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I

I think in the events thread that @RiverDiva made earlier this year there was mention of an RDP Regatta return this year. I could be mistaken. Sometimes I find an old resurrected thread and don’t realize it’s from 5 years ago. 🤣
September 16-18 2022

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
@Havaduner and I used to do these "get togethers" for Cobra. We would get rooms blocked at the Nautical, set up a place for everyone to meet for cocktails and dinner. Race go-carts and go boating. Places like Havasu Springs, Topock and the Pirate always welcomed our phone calls when we said we were looking to brings guests to their establishments.

Set a date and make some phone calls, that's the eazy part. If you set a date, they will come! I will add from previous "get togethers", plan 6 months ahead! The more the better (it allows guests the ability to adjust their calendar and you will get a better turnout).

Riverryder

Reaction score
@riverroyal wasnt it a cobra owner that had laser sights on the water cannon that got you? get the boys to together and have a water cannon match?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

hey grumpy... Your sponsorships (at whatever cost) are appreciated by many that you don't know about. I like to think of what you do as kind of a "pay-it -forward / giveback" to the boating community that supports you. I don't know how you can say that you don't get anything in return.

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What happened to the days of the MFG organizing an event? Or hiring out to an organizer?

They do after all have a mailing list of all their clients.
Send out mailers, organize it on their website of FB Page (not everyone does FB ya know😉)
Then various folks (like RD) can help get the word out and promotion a little.

Backlash

Reaction score
What happened to the days of the MFG organizing an event? Or hiring out to an organizer?

Send out mailers, organize it on their website of FB Page (not everyone does FB ya know😉)
I was just thinking this exact thing! The owner of Cobra should be spearheading this type of event.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I was just thinking this exact thing! The owner of Cobra should be spearheading this type of event.
And I could understand pretty well he just may not have time.
But hire an event planner or something!

Icky

Reaction score

Eliminator just sent an email out the other day to sign up for theirs

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

We will be waiting longer for Cobra to organize anything than we are the Speed UTV, Rack Storage and the Tesla Cyber Truck combined.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

They haven’t in what a decade? For the same reason Dave mentioned.. it is a money and time suck and does not sell new boats.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
They haven’t in what a decade? For the same reason Dave mentioned.. it is a money and time suck and does not sell new boats.
I think it does indirectly.
May not sell a boat at a regatta but many seeds were planted.
Part of it is just the vibe, like minded people pour into an area and mix elbows and check out this and that, the latest and greatest of new boats or widgets for boats, share props etc.

Which leads to the guy or gal or couple or family group buy of brothers and spouses, etc etc.

They aren’t really about selling boats, they’re about the lifestyle of being on the water in something special.

I remember as a kid being on Mudshark beach with my parents in our Hallett and beaching into a Champbel regatta. Was early 80s sometime.
We had a blast with those folks. They were cooking clams on the beach. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Part of it is just the vibe, like minded people pour into an area and mix elbows and check out this and that, the latest and greatest of new boats or widgets for boats, share props etc.

Which leads to the guy or gal or couple or family group buy of brothers and spouses, etc etc.

They aren’t really about selling boats, they’re about the lifestyle of being on the water in something special.

I remember as a kid being on Mudshark beach with my parents in our Hallett and beaching into a Champbel regatta. Was early 80s sometime.

I agree it does indirectly, but clearly they (Cobra) do not see that value. And if I have a line of waiting customers, this probably would not be at the top of my list.

Most of these companies are about selling boats and adding to the waiting line at the point. The lifestyle has already been sold to their customers.

Again, I’m not disagreeing with anything you said.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
There are alot of new Cobra boat owners in California and Arizona, maybe we can all find a weekend in Sept to take a run after Labor Day, can anyone help put this together? Any help greatly appreciated,
Facebook group
“Cobra performance boats owner’s “

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Yep..Back in 98 We knew we wanted a bigger boat then our 21 Caliber. We were in Havasu most weekends and went to a lot of the Regattas and seeing the boat parades going thru the channel. Watching the Eliminator regatta got us down to the shop in Mira Loma and made a deal with Jim Foley. They used it in the LA Boat Show and we took it to Havasu the week after,

Dirtbag

Reaction score

yeah im not sure how much you can get out of it by sponsoring but covering them whole different ballgame. Different story for someone like Griner or barrett

havasu5150

Reaction score
Regatta;s aren't what they used to be. I remember going to one in the early 90's I think. The prizes for the poker run and raffles were things like a new B&M blower, Props, Anchors etc. Now the prizes are hats and t shirts. Gone are the days of an open bar etc at the gatherings. Our Conquest group on facebook organizes our own Notta-Regatta. Just a fun gathering for Conquest owners over a weekend.