WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"COCKTAILS" To Go!!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Az. Go. Ducey is to Sign the Bill this Week. On one hand there are DUI Checks all the time,and never ending Ads Warning about Drinking and Driving.

I guess the State can make $'s on the License Fees AND $'s on the DUI's.

:rolleyes:

Motor Boater

Reaction score
What’s the difference in buying cocktails or beer at the store and drinking it on your way home? If someone is going to drink and drive around town that’s what they are gonna do. It was nice during Covid we could grab a margarita with our to go order.

Hell my buddy owns a restaurant and he has a margarita van he will drive to your neighborhood and sell out of it like the ice cream man. It’s awesome!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What’s the difference in buying cocktails or beer at the store and drinking it on your way home? If someone is going to drink and drive around town that’s what they are gonna do. It was nice during Covid we could grab a margarita with our to go order.

Hell my buddy owns a restaurant and he has a margarita van he will drive to your neighborhood and sell out of it like the ice cream man. It’s awesome!

This. If you wanted to drink while driving you’d do it anyway, with or without drive through booze.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
No different than picking up a growler at the local brewery. They've been doing that for years.

We were picking up 4 packs of margaritas from the local Chili's . I thought it was pretty cool deal. Wife loved it

Last edited:

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score

Exactly! People who choose to drink and drive will do so whether they get their drinks from a grocery/liquor store or from a restaurant. Supporting take out liquor sales for restaurants is not an endorsement for drinking and driving..

HCP3

Reaction score
California allowed cocktails to-go during Covid.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I don't see why you can't consume alcohol in your vehicle when driving if under the DUI limits. They've banned alcohol on boats here, its ridiculous.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Local Mexican place near me has been giving out margaritas on to-go containers w/straws with pickup dinner orders. No charge.

Last time I picked up food, I declined the margarita. When I opened the bag when I got home, there were two in there anyway LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hallett21

Reaction score
Does this mean Road Runner won’t yell at me as the whole crew makes a B line for the boat with cocktails in hand? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
HB2773 simply gives liqour license holders new privileges. It’s a watered down version of Ducey’s executive order during the pandemic. Brought on after the state took a loss in court as the higher valued, more expensive license holders went ape sh*t. Not only were their bars closed down, the lower valued, less expensive license holders could operate like they had series 7/12 licensing since they served food.

I’m not sure this is going to drive more money to the state as directly as you think. Nor do I sign on to the belief there will be a directly correlation to a rise in drunk driving.

I am however and advocate for the bill for many reasons. Mostly because the mobile bar business is staged perfectly to become a premier 3rd party provider 😉

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Az. Go. Ducey is to Sign the Bill this Week. On one hand there are DUI Checks all the time,and never ending Ads Warning about Drinking and Driving.

I guess the State can make $'s on the License Fees AND $'s on the DUI's.

:rolleyes:

We've had it togo in TX for essentially a year now....hasn't really created the issues the teetotalers and such said it would.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just an FYI.....CPK will not give you refills of a long island ice tea in a to go cup. I asked our favorite bartender a the counter last week :looking:

Tank

Reaction score
Is it illegal to have open containers in your car in Az? It is in Ca.

We were at the super cat fest west street party deal and went over to Chabones to get a cocktail. I told the bartender, "can I get it in a plastic cup, i'm afraid I'll break a martin glass (they were martinis). She says, I'll put it in a regular glass. I said, "I was thinking more of like a souvenir cup" WINK WINK. She almost got offended, "you can't take them to go!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok, ok, settle down and bring me my damn drink. 😆

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
They had that in Georgia when I was out there. Nothing like pulling up to the drive-thru and ordering a gallon of freshly made margarita 👍

I've always wanted to go to NOLA just for the Daiquiri scene. They have always had drive thrus

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Here in Newport Harbor a couple of the waterfront restaurants stayed open during covid by serving dockside cocktails to go. Mamas in particular was great for a G&T or Margarita in a huge plastic cup for $24! Their long dock had waitresses flying in and out with drinks to go.... and watching all the idiots trying to idle in a boat line was hilarious with drunk girls falling off boats and docks all day. Good memories of Covid Summer

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
When I was doing a job in Oklahoma City some years back they had Drive-Thru Liquor/Gun Stores so getting a Cocktail To-Go seems pretty mild, lol.

On a more serious note a lot of the Bars in SoCal during the Indoor C-19 Shutdown were selling Drinks To-Go and never heard of any adverse effects. We have enough laws in this country to restrict our freedoms. We don’t need any more!!

rush1

Reaction score
Unlike all other states in America, Mississippi is the only state without an affirmative prohibition against possessing open alcohol containers in a vehicle. ... In addition, it does not mean the act of having an open alcohol container or consuming alcohol while driving is legal in the entire state of Mississippi.

hawgty55

Reaction score
They had that in Georgia when I was out there. Nothing like pulling up to the drive-thru and ordering a gallon of freshly made margarita 👍
Same here in Texas get your alchohol to go but yall better not have any of that hippy lettuce!

Rye

Reaction score
I expect this would be popular in places like Mill Ave unless Tempe has other laws that forbid walking around with open containers.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone got a link to the actual law? I am curious to see what he signed

LowRiver2

Reaction score
“Road Kit”: 40 oz.
Allegedly an old term from the 90’s so I have heard

sirbob

Reaction score
When we briefly lived in LA. I would stop at the daiquiri drive through on the way home from the airport when I picked up friends that came to visit.
They always thought I was kidding when I ordered a Piña colada with a 151 floater!

Until the first sip😊

Gelcoater

Reaction score
31F682D0-B89B-4214-9D34-AD7A3F63FC88.png

This place had an EZ up and a sign for $5 margaritas to go going on yesterday.

Singleton

Reaction score
Sure hope the Boathouse allows this.
But most likely not - found out Friday they don’t do take-out Friday-Sunday anymore :(