WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coffee Maker’s….What You Got

hallett21

Reaction score
Bonavita and Mochamaster. Old school pot of coffee but damn good. They both get the water temp correct

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I had that exact model, but I got rid of it after just a couple of months because it didn't have an auto-shut-off. My aunt caught her kitchen on fire when I was a kid by leaving the coffee pot on and leaving for work. I just couldn't deal with wondering if it was left on or not. I ended up donating it to Hospice Thrift Store and getting the upgraded one ($24) with the timer that we never use, but it has the auto-off.
I think we always had auto shut off too. Lately we've been splurging on them, my wife decided she likes red. ;) I still like the way Mr. Coffee basket loads and fills, very simple and I'm used to it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
View attachment 1196853
My mom made the very best coffee in one of theses. My sisters & I each have one but have never been able to make it taste the same.
I have a Keurig now. It’s ok.
Every time I see one of those it brings me back to Parker mornings with my pops cooking chorizo and eggs and brewing a pot on the Coleman stove.

Last edited:

ltbaney1

Reaction score
My nephew got us a Nespresso for Christmas so I took it to my shop since it's not my thing. They drink the shit out of them there. For me though, I just set my Mr Coffee to auto start at 5:00 am, fill up my green thermos & I'm good to go, same as my dad did when I was growing up. Nothing better!
my wife uses one of the nespresso deals, watching her make her coffee is a process. frothed milk ice and what ever else she puts in there. i dont have the patience for it or care for the taste. i hate cold coffee and coffee should taste like coffee not some brown sugar water shake thing.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
It’s the morning ritual.
I need to go thru the motions or my mornings just don’t feel right.

Yes I have OCD, patterns and routines run my life LOL
same here, setting my coffee maker to start at 5am and filling it up is the last thing i do before i head upstairs for the night. first thing i do when i come downstairs in the morning is double check that it is brewing while i drink some water.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I like the fact that with a french press you're boiling the water and brewing the coffee at a high temp, Starbucks claims this it a big deal. That's why Percolators are great too. Keurig's have their place for convenience but the water just need to be hotter. Starbucks also claims that you should throw out the used grounds immediately to avoid bitterness.

Starbucks is Stoopid.

If you go directly to any coffee company, they will tell you what temp to use for Their beans.

The Average is around 200 degrees. But they NOT all the same!

See this?

20230207_095641.jpg

It's the bar code on the underside of a Nespresso pod. It tells the machine Exactly how to brew the coffee pod...

The temp, the amount of water to push through it, and how long to take to push it through and whatever it needs to know.

The pods are also sealed with Nitrogen (no air) so the coffee is as fresh as the day it was ground.

I hate to admit it, but I WAS a huge fan of Starbucks beans. I would grind em every day and french press em.

Those days are over for me. 😊

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I have had a Jura ENA4 for about 8 years and it is worth every penny I paid for it. Once you have a all in one machine it's hard to drink any other coffee.

Peet's Major Dickinson's blend ftmfw!
IMG_20230207_101841339.jpg

If your coffee doesn't have Crema on top you are doing it wrong.

IMG_20230207_102438639.jpg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Black rifle is more liberal than Starbucks.
They just lie about it.
And about 40% more expensive, and less flavor.
At least Starbucks is open about their wokeness.

The only thing worse than that combination would be black rifle in a bunn.
Interesting and I did read all the following links.

Currently on youtube learning how to wear a man bun while I drink my liberal Decaf coffee made using a Keurig.

As far a popularity on a boating forum goes I manage to avoid it.