WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coffee Maker or K Cup Machine?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
After 57 years and never really been a coffee drinker, I’ve had the occasional Starbucks Frappuccino, but now I’m enjoying a morning coffee with the Hazlenut creamer from 7-11. Now I’m looking at getting a coffee maker, but do I want to get regular Mr. Coffee kind of coffee maker or a K cup machine? What say you?

Reactions: TPC

4Waters

Reaction score
K-cup type, our Keurig is 12 years old and is starting to make some weird noises, we will be getting another Keurig.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
The K cups are convenient but they aren't strong enough for me. I perfer a good coffee maker.
Coffee maker at home and motel on site K cup Only good coffee 👍😎
image.jpg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
For the price of a decent coffee maker, filters and all the fixens it would be hard to beat 7-11's prices in the long run. Although I have not bought a cup O' joe from there in 10+ years so I have no idea what the price is. I just know back in the day they paid me to open up all those little creamer things. LOL

I don't drink coffee these days, it raises my anxiety and heart rates up to levels that are not safe for me or society.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Nespresso is pretty good.
I run Keurig at house so went to Keurig on my work truck after it became cool to spit in Cop’s coffee.

Coffee machine takes too much time on work days, we only use one in the toy hauler .
C48EA15A-D6E6-4D36-B22C-786B0E5D9652.jpeg

HBCraig

Reaction score

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Keurig here for the last 8 years, costco dark coffee k cups (on sale now)

skip the creamer, nothing good in that concoction.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Get a Breville espresso machine. Then wait for your positive attitude and productivity to kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC2010

Reaction score
We have a kurig and a 4 cup Mr coffee. I don't drink it much, my girl does more but neither require a large pot. We prefer the brew but the k cup works in a pinch.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I was on the fence when the Cuisinart took a dump, I like somewhat strong coffee, husband not so much plus he likes the vanilla flavor, I got the Kurig so we could both have what we like. I usually use 2 pods each morning, it gets expensive but what can you do🤷‍♀️The coffee loving members of my family have been trying to duplicate my moms coffee for years which she percolated in the stove and it was so delicious.

bbrownster

Reaction score
We have a Sieko espresso machine. Worth every dollar...

Singleton

Reaction score
We have a grind and brew coffee pot.
1lb of beans fills the hopper, grinds what it needs each day based on intensity and number of cups we are making

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I only do 1 cup a day, so the Keurig is just fine. I like mine strong and have found K cups that fit the bill.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I take it nobody one here drinks Tea? LOL !!! :p

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Coffee maker with reg old maxwell house. K cups are ok, but I like to make the coffee at night and just hit the button in the morning. With K cups you have to go through the process for each cup.

fmo24

Reaction score
I only drink one or two cups a day so Kuerig works for me. I hate coffee that has been sitting there cooking.

boatpi

Reaction score
This is the best everyday coffee maker I have used. I have had it 1 year, works perfect, put hot water in the carafe, then dump it out to pre warm and coffee stays hot for 1-2 hours. Easy to clean, all stainless. One of the highest rated coffee units on the market. I believe it is about the high temp of the water and how it is sprayed into the coffee that makes it so good. I grind Starbucks French roast, very dark from Costco.

endobear

Reaction score
Coffee maker with reg old maxwell house. K cups are ok, but I like to make the coffee at night and just hit the button in the morning. With K cups you have to go through the process for each cup.
Same here. Folgers or Maxwell house.
About a pot a day in the summers. Easy pot+ a day in the winter.
I like to get up early. House is calm. Suck down a couple of cups and chill with my dogs. Then I fill 2 big yeti cups to get me to and through work.

One Particular Harbor

Reaction score
We have an espresso machine at home but I don’t like the Shakes [emoji15][emoji106][emoji41][emoji6]

Common misconception that a shot of espresso contains more caffeine than a cup of coffee. Ounce-for-ounce, espresso has more caffeine than coffee, but it is served in one-ounce portions, where a small cup of coffee is at least 8 ounces.

“For example, at Starbucks a shot of espresso has 75 mg of caffeine and an 8-ounce cup of its Pike Place medium-roast coffee has 155 mg.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Particular Harbor

Reaction score
I will admit I am a bit of a coffee purist (and addict). Have a nice drip coffee maker — yes, it’s all about the water temperature and even distribution over the grounds — and a subscription for fresh-roasted coffee beans to be delivered every couple of weeks. Grind the beans fresh each morning, immediately brew a pot of coffee, get on with my day.

Keurig makes a decent cup of coffee and will do in a pinch. Also, less fuss and mess. But, you can make a much better cup of coffee yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoy coffee, but each drink 1-3 cups per day.

Coffee maker is nice on the weekends but neither of us like coffee that’s been sitting in the pot. K-cups are convenient so that’s what we use during the week.

If you like coffee but don’t like the bitter aftertaste, or are prone to acid reflux, do yourself a favor and try the Coffee Toddy. The system has a container with a filter on the bottom plugged with a rubber cork. You put one pound of ground coffee of your liking and fill it with cold water, letting it brew overnight. Since the coffee never gets hot, the oils don’t come out, and the bitterness and acidity are practically nonexistent.

After brewing overnight, drain the contents into the carafe and you have concentrated coffee that you can mix with hot water to the strength of your liking. I heat water in a teapot on the stove, and I do 1/3 concentrated coffee to 2/3 boiling water and it’s the smoothest coffee I’ve ever had.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toddy-Cold...-/362876294838?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Bit of an addict here. 6 plus cups a day. Have been running a Jura S9 machine at home and the office for years. It grinds the beans (I like French Roast) and runs the water (I use distilled) though the grinds at 15 bars of pressure. It really is decent coffee and, if you like mechanical things, it’s pretty cool in general.

They run about $2500 new however, I bought both of mine factory refurbished in the $900 range. Although a little over priced, here is one that was listed on eBay.

boatpi

Reaction score
I have a Jura too, mainly use it for quick cups for guests in the evening and cappachino.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Keurig, but grind your own and use the fillable K cups.
This!
And, our machine has a “strong” button.
The price of K cups is rediculous, my wife found that buying from Amazon in bulk helps cut the price some but the reusable K is still cheaper and you can buy whole beans and grind as you go.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have the K cup machine but at the dunes friends invite us over for the old school percolator coffee. It's good that way.

RDP Wendy suggested the k cup McDonalds and it's real good.
I drink Starbucks and it's like Tab diet cola was. Sucked but for some odd reason ya drink it.

RDs kids love the K cup cocoa I run through the maker. It's quick and easy and easy cleanup.

I want to try this but I'm afraid it might give drinkers the galloping shits:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This!
And, our machine has a “strong” button.
The price of K cups is rediculous, my wife found that buying from Amazon in bulk helps cut the price some but the reusable K is still cheaper and you can buy whole beans and grind as you go.
Every now and again the COSTCO mixed box of K's goes on sale. That's when we bulk up.

Talking expensive this stuff they lube you up at the checkstand:
img.png

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Depends how much you like coffee.... We have a Nespresso Vertuo and Barista frother that works for every day use. It’s good, but not as good as grinding the beans and putting in the work.

Next house will get a nice Breville machine that grinds the beans and creates real espresso. Buddy has one and it was extremely good.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
This is the best everyday coffee maker I have used. I have had it 1 year, works perfect, put hot water in the carafe, then dump it out to pre warm and coffee stays hot for 1-2 hours. Easy to clean, all stainless. One of the highest rated coffee units on the market. I believe it is about the high temp of the water and how it is sprayed into the coffee that makes it so good. I grind Starbucks French roast, very dark from Costco.

X’s 2 It does pretty much anything you want. We get flavored coffee and use flavored stevia if we need some more sweetness.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I have the Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker. On my 2nd one and getting ready to buy a 3rd. First one the wife sprayed the front of it to clean and never worked again. the 2nd one I noticed last week that I have wore a hole in the grinder from years of use.

Times Like These

Reaction score
For great coffe, we brew with the Moccamaster. 1 pot every morning. Friend of mine started a coffee company up in Oroville, Olsen House coffee, order 5lbs a month.
IMG_4118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro