WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coffee Maker or K Cup Machine?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Depends on how much coffee I need. For a cup or two in the morning, K-cup.

For a housefull of people on Christmas morning? I drag out the percolator.

nameisbond

Reaction score
K-cups only because the Kuerig is faster in the morning. Plus its only me and all I need is two K-cups in the morning.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I started looking at the Nespresso machines with a frother and the options and I’m up around $200+. Do I then just jump in and pony up the bucks and do the Breville?

boatpi

Reaction score
The Cuisnarts break and the grinder ones get moisture inside, the Breville does not. A much better designed system, and they do make it in a glass heated carafe if you like that.

Or a grinder style.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I have the Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker. On my 2nd one and getting ready to buy a 3rd. First one the wife sprayed the front of it to clean and never worked again. the 2nd one I noticed last week that I have wore a hole in the grinder from years of use.
I had one 20 years ago. It stopped working in the warranty period, they sent me a new brewer and a grinder. Not a grind and brew, I was pissed.

wzuber

Reaction score
Keurig, but grind your own and use the fillable K cups.
This........the best of all worlds if you really like your coffee your way..every time. I put coconut oil (mct) in my coffee too...soo good, and good for ya.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I started looking at the Nespresso machines with a frother and the options and I’m up around $200+. Do I then just jump in and pony up the bucks and do the Breville?

I’ll be honest here, when my Breville finally shits the bed it is unlikely I will replace it at ~$700
Yes it’s good and all self contained and can be dialed in like a space shuttle, but there are positive reviews with other brands that seem to beat it for less money.
I’ll definitely be shopping them before just blindly replacing it for that coin. I may still end up with a new Breville if I don’t like my options though.
The reason I own it is because Debbie bought it years ago while I was out of State working...I wasn’t there to stop her! Lol

(same reason I own a Kirby...)

As far as regular coffee at work or job sites, it’s hard to beat plain old Mr Coffee drippers.
Keurigs are handy for sure, but that’s it imo.
Percolators are great too if a larger workplace.

Coffee presses, camp perks, all kinds of ways to make good coffee.

No matter the device, one thing is true. Fast is not good when trying to make coffee.
It might do the trick, but pumping water through cheap “factory” grinds at the highest rate of speed possible does not produce an enjoyable cup of coffee.

Bunn drippers are the worst.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
When ya just gotta have a cup!

Front bumper coffee bar!

View attachment 945070

View attachment 945071

View attachment 945072

View attachment 945073

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use an AeroPress every single day, and have been for probably 4 or 5 years now I'm guessing. I wore the plunger out on my original.

2 scoops of grinds. I love strong coffee. The aero press is the fastest, easiest, and possibly the best tasting way to make it.

Takes literally 4 seconds to rinse it out when you are done, there is no need to scrub it, just run each part under hot water in the sink.

The only shortcoming of the Aero-Press is if you are making more than one cup at a time.

@throttle look up the inverted method, this is how i have always done mine, it keeps the coffee in suspension and stops the fines from packing into the filter.

Keurig machines are great, if you like to over pay, and get under-delivered on your coffee. 😂

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I have the K cup machine but at the dunes friends invite us over for the old school percolator coffee. It's good that way.

RDP Wendy suggested the k cup McDonalds and it's real good.
I drink Starbucks and it's like Tab diet cola was. Sucked but for some odd reason ya drink it.

RDs kids love the K cup cocoa I run through the maker. It's quick and easy and easy cleanup.

I want to try this but I'm afraid it might give drinkers the galloping shits:

If you follow his directions it works. My dad called that Lineman coffee because they used to boil coffee out on the crews.

At worst there are some grounds in the bottom of the cup. Coffee brewed this was is smoooooth.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Do they still make percolators?
Yup! I got a new one a couple months ago on Amazon. I had one I found at a yard sale when I was single. It was a Kitchen Aide, always great till it shit the bed 20 years after I bought it. We have a kuirig my wife and kids like it. I have my perk plugged into a timer so it’s brewed about 1/2 hour before I drink it, thats my way.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Jesus...... bottom line..... if you aren't a coffee snob or don't have enough people to warrant making 5 cups of coffee a day..... go with a K-cup machine. If you're a snob...... go fuck yourself......er...... I mean the skys the limit. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Same here. Folgers or Maxwell house.
About a pot a day in the summers. Easy pot+ a day in the winter.
I like to get up early. House is calm. Suck down a couple of cups and chill with my dogs. Then I fill 2 big yeti cups to get me to and through work.

I am up usually by 5:30. I like sitting at my computer (like I am now) and watch the my world wake up. Wife sleeps till about 8. I usually have 3 cups. Then I go play about 2 hours of sand volleyball.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I use a Kuerig but I use the piece you can put your own coffee grounds in. I generally only drink one largish cup in the am.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Cowboy coffee looks good, but I ain't got time for that shit in the morning. Maybe at an evening get together.