WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coffee Stained Thermos cleaning hack

Javajoe

Reaction score
So I have a Starbucks Thermos kind of thing that I have had forever. Stainless Steel interior which has been coffee stained forever. Like black. Won’t clean up
Soooo…last night I googled how to clean it. I put about 3 Tablespoons of baking soda in it then pour some Hydrogen Peroxide in it about half way up then added hot tap water then stirred it up with a spoon. Before bed I gave it another stir. This morning I poured it out and it looks brand new. Craziest thing ever. Actually looks better than new. It was soo stained it was dark black. Wanted to share this since it was a real good cleaning hack

Good Stuff

Reaction score
A dishwasher pod works great too. Every couple months I have to hit my stainless tumbler overnight to clear out the iced tea stains. Don’t stick your hand in it until you dump it though they are pretty caustic.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
So I have a Starbucks Thermos kind of thing that I have had forever. Stainless Steel interior which has been coffee stained forever. Like black. Won’t clean up
Soooo…last night I googled how to clean it. I put about 3 Tablespoons of baking soda in it then pour some Hydrogen Peroxide in it about half way up then added hot tap water then stirred it up with a spoon. Before bed I gave it another stir. This morning I poured it out and it looks brand new. Craziest thing ever. Actually looks better than new. It was soo stained it was dark black. Wanted to share this since it was a real good cleaning hack
You lost me at Starbucks.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I use lemon juice, salt and ice.
Half gallon Thermos.

Dan'l

ltbaney1

Reaction score
white vinegar works well too. clean out my thermos, cup and Mr. coffee once a month with it. just make sure to rinse WELL.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Coffee thermoses need washing occasionally. The built up residue will add bitterness to the coffee if left to build up too much.

73mandella

Reaction score
I saw this post some time ago but didn't try it. I finally got tired of that gunk at the bottom of the thermos. It worked great! Thanks for the post!

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
Hot water,the hotter the better, 3 parts oxy clean versatile, 1 part tsp. Let that soak on and it cleans amazing. Wash your microfiber rags you use to clean/detail boats and cars in hot water with this mix, then dry in dryer with no dryer sheets, and your rags will be like new.

I use this mix to clean my homebrewing equipment before I sanitize.

Last edited: