WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Colbert to replace Letterman in 2015.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I look forward to that. I heard that Craig Furgason gets a big fat check in the event the gig went to someone else. Just one check though.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I loved Letterman for the first 10 years but his last 23 have been less enjoyable. Maybe I'm just not tuned into his style, since I almost never watch him, anymore.

I watch Colbert from time to time and always find him really funny but I've seen his stand-up and not found it funny. Friends of mine think his stand-up is some of the best out there. It's a matter of taste, I suppose. It will be interesting to see if he's still funny once most of the politics are stripped away.

Reactions: TBI

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I'm surprised Craig Furgason is still on...

I think Colbert will do well. I enjoy his show.

sirbob

Reaction score
Stupid move - I will continue to not watch CBS late night.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I liked Letterman in the 80's.
The hydraulic press squashing stuff
Stupid pet tricks
Dropping things off the building

Funny stuff.

He changed, and I haven't watched in 20 yrs.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Hmmm???...Don't quite what to think of that???... ...Fergueson is brilliant IMO... ...Only somewhat familiar with Colbert... ...Kimmel is great... ...Ive tried and I've tried but still can't watch Fallon???...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Just a long as it ain't Conan.....Conan is fine and then he just starting rambling and gets goofy.

Kimmel is too abrasive and creates enemies among potential guests. I want something gentler and funny. Jimmy was the "Man Show" and doesn't transition well into a more diverse audience. The Wife hates his ass. Might as well have Al Bundy host she says.

Not seen Colbert so I don't know. Letterman stayed past his time by 10 years.

There's another Johnny Carson out there somewhere I'd think, just gotta find him.

Richard.E

Reaction score
Really do love colbert. I think he will dial the political satire back once he isn't on Comedy Central anymore. He's a much better option than Conan.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Just a long as it ain't Conan.....Conan is fine and then he just starting rambling and gets goofy.

Kimmel is too abrasive and creates enemies among potential guests. I want something gentler and funny. Jimmy was the "Man Show" and doesn't transition well into a more diverse audience. The Wife hates his ass. Might as well have Al Bundy host she says.

Not seen Colbert so I don't know. Letterman stayed past his time by 10 years.

There's another Johnny Carson out there somewhere I'd think, just gotta find him.

Tex, just a guess, but what little I know of him I don't think you'll care for him..:rolleyes

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think it's going to be a disaster. His Colbert Report persona is an act, that isn't him but a character. People are going to be expecting the Report guy and are going to get someone entirely different.

I hope they give John Oliver the Report, he was brilliant as host of The Daily Show

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
I was telling someone the other day that colbert will take over the letterman gig and they were like no way. I said watch it happen.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Sponge-Brown Square pants announces the T.V. Guide as news. :D

Thank You Tom. My life is now complete.

Who has the fastest boat? Letterlame or Colbutt?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Tex, just a guess, but what little I know of him I don't think you'll care for him..:rolleyes

I'm beginning to form that opinion.....My old ass can't stay wake long enough anymore so it may not effect me anyway.;)