WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cole Seely retires

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Hopefully Honda can get some stronger talent in there now. No reason for a top tier team to struggle as much as they do.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
So soon? Is that the pro excuse for quit.?

oldschool

Reaction score
Hopefully Honda can get some stronger talent in there now. No reason for a top tier team to struggle as much as they do.
Not sure who is available for next season, unless it's a 250 guy. OR, maybe Malcolm. He's a fan favorite and was fast last season, till he got hurt. Problem is, he is usually hurt and he's SX only.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Not sure who is available for next season, unless it's a 250 guy. OR, maybe Malcolm. He's a fan favorite and was fast last season, till he got hurt. Problem is, he is usually hurt.

Rumor mill says Savatgy is going to factory honda. He has a one year deal on the table from them and a 2 year deal on the table from JGR that he is deciding between. If Savatgy doesn't end up there, the rumor mill is also saying that factory honda might buy out Brayton's contract from MCR and bring him to full factory.

oldschool

Reaction score
Rumor mill says Savatgy is going to factory honda. He has a one year deal on the table from them and a 2 year deal on the table from JGR that he is deciding between. If Savatgy doesn't end up there, the rumor mill is also saying that factory honda might buy out Brayton's contract from MCR and bring him to full factory.
I can see Savatgy, but Brayton is on the downhill side of it.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Not sure who is available for next season, unless it's a 250 guy. OR, maybe Malcolm. He's a fan favorite and was fast last season, till he got hurt. Problem is, he is usually hurt and he's SX only.
Maybe Sexton or Martin?? I don’t think Mookie is quite 450 factory material yet.

Savatgy might be an interesting choice, although I’d rather see a 250 Honda guy move up.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I can see Savatgy, but Brayton is on the downhill side of it.

The big plan for big red is to bring Sexton up in a few years so whoever is getting Seely's spot is going to only get one year deals.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
He hasn't been in the 450 class for 9 years . Only a couple. Just think it weird to "retire" so young and early into a class you just started. Must've been a hell of a crash

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
He hasn't been in the 450 class for 9 years . Only a couple. Just think it weird to "retire" so young and early into a class you just started. Must've been a hell of a crash

Seely started in the 450 in 2015 but what a lot of people don't realize is that he has already retired once and came back to the sport so he is actually older than most of his contemporaries with ~5 years of experience in 450

Meaney77

Reaction score
Bummer- I was hoping for the best for him coming into 2020

He says bitter sweet- Possible Honda didnt renew his contract and he didnt want to wait on the sidelines to see who would pick him up?

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
It’s been a good ride watching Seely grow. I had him picked for an up and coming “who’s next” several times. He is a very good athlete, well respected by his peers, what I call a pure and clean rider. He ran with the best, gave them a good run for the title and has been inspirational to tons of young new riders. It’s been a good ride Cole! I would say thanks and good luck with what’s next! [emoji736]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No athlete wants to go out with an ambulance ride. You want you last season to be by your choice, not a doctors. Seriously though, 9 years a a pro in any class is a good run. The bikes get better each season, but human bodies just don't get the same upgrades. Best of luck to him. His life will go on, and still able to enjoy it.