WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

College Football NO Season

hawgty55

Reaction score
Why can professional sports go on and play but not collegiate sports?

Hammer

Reaction score
What happened to all the mouthpieces that demanded college athletes get paid to play? If they were paid to play, what would have happened and who would have paid the student athletes with no revenue coming in?

I’m glad this happened because the pay to play loudmouths can eat crow. I guess the student athletes will be stuck getting a free education as a back up plan to go pro..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
Most likely this will be all Mens and Womens Fall sports. I feel sorry for the Senior student/athletes who won't be going pro. Missing out on your final season is gonna suck. I played College Football and couldn't imagine this.

BajaT

Reaction score
Players more protected playing and being tested all the time vs out partying!

JD D05

Reaction score
I am hearing college's are going to lose BILLIONS from boosters across the country.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
This was USC’s year...I could feel it! OK, maybe not, but I was hoping to get to a few home games.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Started with the Big 10. Then the Pac 12 couldn't wait.

SEC and ACC are trying to make this work.

Word is that Ohio state want to be a part of the SEC along with Texas.

2Driver

Reaction score
Well those kids will have to go to class now.... ie Im in college after all.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
This was USC’s year...I could feel it! OK, maybe not, but I was hoping to get to a few home games.
I hope it doesn’t effect SCs commitment class for next year. TheIr rated in the top 5. Hoping to still get that 5 star kid from Corona.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Damn...I'm gonna have to find a new hobby to start threads about. :D

Singleton

Reaction score
I hope it doesn’t effect SCs commitment class for next year. TheIr rated in the top 5. Hoping to still get that 5 star kid from Corona.

unless the NCAA increases the number of scholarships available, it will have an impact
We are headed to 5year HS seniors next years

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
unless the NCAA increases the number of scholarships available, it will have an impact
Some seniors wont be back and some juniors May go into the draft.

farmo83

Reaction score
Just announce this and there won't be anymore problems with people not wearing mask

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
If other conferences play this year, would you risk going to the Pac12? I wouldn’t. If HS football doesn’t happen this year, what happens to those kids that were on the bubble? No scholarships? No further education? In places like Nebraska, HS football is huge, and the time decision to not play will be devastating. It’s like Havasu without a summer.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I believe he already announced he committed elsewhere..... If your taking about Forman.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Its becoming a big decision some families are having to make. I know it’s been discussed in our home and is not off the table yet.

Singleton

Reaction score
Its becoming a big decision some families are having to make. I know it’s been discussed in our home and is not off the table yet.

The high school experience kids have had since March sucks.
The impact to those in sports that could get scholarship $$ in college, has to be huge.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The high school experience kids have had since March sucks.
The impact to those in sports that could get scholarship $$ in college, has to be huge.

Very much so. my kid is the starting long snapper for centennial, this year is his big year for exposure (he’s a Jr). We have some decisions to make in regards to what happens if there is no season this year.

hallett21

Reaction score
I am talking high school. We are going to have kids taking extra Years in high school

Lol at my high school that was basic strategy [emoji6].

Parents would hold them back in middle school to give them the edge.

Singleton

Reaction score

have seen that. Have a friend that did that for baseball back when I was in HS. He came in as a freshmen while all of his friends were sophomores. Best part, he got popped for testing positive for performance drugs and ended up being banned from playing. His parents transferred him to another school so he could play. He went on and got drafted, but was done within 2 years (kept getting injured) and done playing and back at school trying to finish his degree.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If other conferences play this year, would you risk going to the Pac12? I wouldn’t. If HS football doesn’t happen this year, what happens to those kids that were on the bubble? No scholarships? No further education? In places like Nebraska, HS football is huge, and the time decision to not play will be devastating. It’s like Havasu without a summer.
Since the Pac 12 and Big 10 isn't playing this year and the SEC as of now is. What's stopping kids that are in college from transferring to a SEC school. Georgia and Bama could be fighting over Fields the QB from Ohio State.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
It's the Democrats fault.

Singleton

Reaction score
Since the Pac 12 and Big 10 isn't playing this year and the SEC as of now is. What's stopping kids that are in college from transferring to a SEC school. Georgia and Bama could be fighting over Fields the QB from Ohio State.

the window to transfer and play this year is closed
NCAA is not going reopen that window IMO. Would put athletics over education, which opens Pandora’s box.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
He did commit to Clemson. Then decommitted. USC is in his top 5.

Yup. My son is friends with him so I have been getting updates as to what he’s been up to. Pretty entertaining to hear what goes on behind the scenes.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Yup it’s done quite often during the middle school years. Not as common in Hs.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
the window to transfer and play this year is closed
NCAA is not going reopen that window IMO. Would put athletics over education, which opens Pandora’s box.
Rick Neuheisel (sp?) brought it up on the Dan Patrick show this morning. Figured since he is involved in college football he would know.