WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Collinite 925

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Been wanting to try this for some time, but too lazy to order off the internet.
West Marine had it on sale last week for $20 so I bought some, don't know how well it will protect, but the best shine I've seen on my boat and I tried quite a few. It's also easy on and off and doesn't seem to dry white in all the nooks and crannies. I'm pretty sure the way it feels water spots are going to slide right off, we'll see.
Edit: Don't know how I got this here and don't know how to delete, please move to a proper location.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Collinite 845 was my go to sealant before transitioning to ceramic coatings. I've seen it at Harbor Freight.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Collonite has been my favorite as well. So easy to put on, and seems to last longer than anything I’ve tried.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I picked up some 920 cleaner and 925 wax this weekend. Washed the boat, did a single pass with the cleaner, and then attempted a first pass with the wax. The instructions tell you to do a 2'x2' square at a time and let it dry to a haze before polishing off. I tried this for about an hour and could see it was going to take me three days to do the whole 24' boat in this manner. I applied the remaining first coat to the entire boat and then polished off. I think I polished off too quickly (~15min after application) as the first coat really did not look like I had done anything. I applied two more coats to the entire boat and let the wax dry for about an hour after application. This was probably a bit too long or I applied too much wax as it really took some elbow grease to polish off the wax. I did a 4th & 5th coat to the two colored stripes on the side of the boat as they both looked a bit blotchy still and that evened out the shine. I finished inside in the dark and don't have any photos. Overall, I am satisfied with the product. Boat could really use a cut & buff as it is a 1993 and has a few dull spots in the gel without the wax, but this will get me through the season.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I picked up some 920 cleaner and 925 wax this weekend. Washed the boat, did a single pass with the cleaner, and then attempted a first pass with the wax. The instructions tell you to do a 2'x2' square at a time and let it dry to a haze before polishing off. I tried this for about an hour and could see it was going to take me three days to do the whole 24' boat in this manner. I applied the remaining first coat to the entire boat and then polished off. I think I polished off too quickly (~15min after application) as the first coat really did not look like I had done anything. I applied two more coats to the entire boat and let the wax dry for about an hour after application. This was probably a bit too long or I applied too much wax as it really took some elbow grease to polish off the wax. I did a 4th & 5th coat to the two colored stripes on the side of the boat as they both looked a bit blotchy still and that evened out the shine. I finished inside in the dark and don't have any photos. Overall, I am satisfied with the product. Boat could really use a cut & buff as it is a 1993 and has a few dull spots in the gel without the wax, but this will get me through the season.
Don't know much about the whole line, but had heard good thing on RDP. My gel is basically perfect and I was just looking to keep it that way, and in that regard it was easy on easy off, we'll see if it last's.