WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Comercial airline over Arrowhead

Reaction score
I have been crazy busy so I have not been up on the hill that much this year but last night and day it seemed like they where buzzing the tower. This is bull shit.

Backlash

Reaction score
I flew back and forth to Florida a few times this month and we always seemed to take the I-10 approach into LAX. I don't remember flying over Arrowhead but I also wasn't driving. :D

Singleton

Reaction score
Approach into LAX was modified this year for planes coming in from the northern routes

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
They buzz arrowhead for ONT approach from vegas & up north. Ontario city finally bought the airport back from LAX. Lots more air traffic out of ONT. i hear talks of building 2 additional terminals :thumbsup

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
They buzz arrowhead for ONT approach from vegas & up north. Ontario city finally bought the airport back from LAX. Lots more air traffic out of ONT. i hear talks of building 2 additional terminals :thumbsup
They have to fill up the 2 terminals they have before the 3rd is built. Air traffic hasn't gone up but maybe 5 or so flights a day so far give it a little more time next yr we should start seeing some increases

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Yep everyone on the hill has been bitching, they have had petitions all around up there to sign, but the thing is there aint much that they are gonna do about it. Flight paths kinda are what they are, they aren't gonna divert the planes an extra 30 miles because some people don't like the noise, they are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place because of all the nearby airspace restrictions and flight paths between the entire IE, Big Bear, and Palm Springs area......

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Yep everyone on the hill has been bitching, they have had petitions all around up there to sign, but the thing is there aint much that they are gonna do about it. Flight paths kinda are what they are, they aren't gonna divert the planes an extra 30 miles because some people don't like the noise, they are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place because of all the nearby airspace restrictions and flight paths between the entire IE, Big Bear, and Palm Springs area......

Just wait till we start getting the 777 international freight planes coming through. And Amazon is supposed to up the amount of flights from 5 to 10 or so. And UPS and Fed Ex will start all the holiday flights

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
But I was able to get such great pics of the lake coming back from Washington last month.

Trash

Reaction score
Just wait till we start getting the 777 international freight planes coming through. And Amazon is supposed to up the amount of flights from 5 to 10 or so. And UPS and Fed Ex will start all the holiday flights

I'm not sure what you are talking about but LAX already has every big piece of iron flying in there right now, at all hours, from all over the place, from multiple airlines.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are talking about but LAX already has every big piece of iron flying in there right now, at all hours, from all over the place, from multiple airlines.

Ontario Airlirt. ONT.

welldigger00

Reaction score
One woke me up at 2 am this morning. It?s bullshit. They are descending from like 15k feet over apple valley, to like 9k feet over arrowhead and they are loud! I can also tell you the difference in how dirty my white Tahoe is now from the fuel soot. That soot is being deposited directly in our drinking water supply. They gave us no warning that this was going to happen.

cnj

Reaction score
Jeez, you guys don't know loud. Try living in Ontario, just south/west of the 60/15 interchange during the holiday season......fully loaded UPS and FedEx 747's (I'm talking birds at their MTOW, or beyond) on the throttles, struggling to gain altitude, and the flight pattern takes them right over the top of your house. At 2:30 A.M., no less. What seems like every freaking night.

Or living in Laguna Hills in the mid-nineties, when El Toro was still operational, and the F-18's were running maneuvers. So loud, your house windows shook, and if you were on the phone, you had to postpone the call until later. And then the fully loaded C5's would dispatch on a mission in the middle of the night......good times!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Jeez, you guys don't know loud. Try living in Ontario, just south/west of the 60/15 interchange during the holiday season......fully loaded UPS and FedEx 747's (I'm talking birds at their MTOW, or beyond) on the throttles, struggling to gain altitude, and the flight pattern takes them right over the top of your house. At 2:30 A.M., no less. What seems like every freaking night.

Or living in Laguna Hills in the mid-nineties, when El Toro was still operational, and the F-18's were running maneuvers. So loud, your house windows shook, and if you were on the phone, you had to postpone the call until later. And then the fully loaded C5's would dispatch on a mission in the middle of the night......good times!

It's one thing to buy a home next to a pig farm or airport then bitch about the stink or noise.

It's another to buy a home in the quiet mountains (at a premium) then have flight paths diverted over head and bitch about it.

TrollerDave

Reaction score

The plan was to build the 3rd terminal in between 2 and 4 I think as the "International" terminal. That was also the plan L.A. had when annual passenger traffic hit 10 million for 2 consecutive years. Just like L.A., I hear about "plans" and 2 months later it something different. OIAA is starting from scratch at running an airport. A LOT of learning and things to do as they go.

They have to fill up the 2 terminals they have before the 3rd is built. Air traffic hasn't gone up but maybe 5 or so flights a day so far give it a little more time next yr we should start seeing some increases

This. You could walk through T-2 at 3pm and see more TSA than passengers. It will be a while.:cool

And this. Passenger traffic is up. But, most of the plane traffic is cargo. UPS and Fed Ex have expanded and Amazon has been UNBELIEVABLE in the short amount of time they've been there.

One woke me up at 2 am this morning. It?s bullshit. They are descending from like 15k feet over apple valley, to like 9k feet over arrowhead and they are loud! I can also tell you the difference in how dirty my white Tahoe is now from the fuel soot. That soot is being deposited directly in our drinking water supply. They gave us no warning that this was going to happen.

At that time, it's most likely a cargo plane if it's going into ONT. I don't know if the airport or airlines can do anything about it. I think FAA controls the routes planes take. That does suck.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Like gel coater said, they were never here before, I?ve lived here my whole life. They went down the cajon pass I think. Then they change the route,and tell everyone that they notified everyone in the news paper. Just not any paper that we get up on the hill. The noise is one thing. My complaint is the spent fuel being deposited in our drinking water supply.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Post a video some time of a fly over so we can all get an idea of what you guys are having to deal with.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We have planes on final approach into orange county coming over our house in Anaheim Hills for as long as I can remember, I have gotten used to spent fuel in my water, with a lemon wedge it?s barely noticeable.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Just wait until Soros starts dropping the propaganda pamphlets out of them. D.B. Cooper Lives!!

Reaction score
I thought that I read in one of the papers they where changing the flight paths. Same bull shit. This is ruining a great place.

rrrr

Reaction score
Like gel coater said, they were never here before, I?ve lived here my whole life. They went down the cajon pass I think. Then they change the route,and tell everyone that they notified everyone in the news paper. Just not any paper that we get up on the hill. The noise is one thing. My complaint is the spent fuel being deposited in our drinking water supply.

What makes you think that's happening? If airliners were depositing unburned jet fuel everywhere they flew it would have become an issue long ago.

Chemtrails aren't real.

Reactions: SJP

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
All you people will bitch till you need a quick flight.Fucking hippys and liberals live up there.Montana might be better for you.

welldigger00

Reaction score
What makes you think that's happening? If airliners were depositing unburned jet fuel everywhere they flew it would have become an issue long ago.

Chemtrails aren't real.

You can see the exhaust coming out the back of the engines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

welldigger00

Reaction score
All you people will bitch till you need a quick flight.Fucking hippys and liberals live up there.Montana might be better for you.

Actually, conservatives, tweekers, and Mexicans live up here, mostly all good hard working people. Except for the tweekers. No liberals. I love Montana in the summertime, too cold in the winter.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
I know the so cal mountains very well.White bikers,tree huggers and vacationers.My family built homes up there for years.

Reaction score
Fuck you I am not a hippy or a liberal and I just go up the hill to get away.

rrrr

Reaction score
You can see the exhaust coming out the back of the engines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you talking about contrails? That's water vapor.

1200px-A340-313X.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
No. When they are overhead, they are so close you can see the windows on the side. It’s black soot, and hear them throttle up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
They don't do that in the rest of the world.

rrrr

Reaction score
The photo above is an airliner at maximum thrust taking off. The flights over Arrowhead are on approach, when power settings are a fraction of takeoff power.

It's kinda ridiculous to claim stuff deposited on your lawn furniture comes from airliners flying over your house.

This graph shows CO2 production of transportation sources, and it can serve as a reliable proxy for other pollutants produced.

0915_EnergyUseByModeChart_FAA_680.png

Engines on airliners have become much cleaner over the last fifty years, just like automobiles. The industry is moving to lower sulphur fuels, and an international protocol produced by the ICAO provides new standards which must be met by 2020.

Are you aware of this?

"The Federal Aviation Administration has rerouted nighttime flights to Ontario International Airport after months of protest from Lake Arrowhead residents.

As of April 26, flights arriving into Ontario from the northeast between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. are taking a path that avoids direct overflight of the mountain community.

“I’m very pleased they were able to make this change and so far the community seems pleased and the folks up there are getting a better night’s rest,” said San Bernardino County Supervisor Janice Rutherford.

The new nighttime path, which was presented to residents during a community meeting in January, is 2.1 miles east of the current path that was implemented one year ago as part of the FAA’s Southern California Metroplex project."

https://www.dailybulletin.com/2018/...rport-after-lake-arrowhead-residents-protest/

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
The photo above is an airliner at maximum thrust taking off. The flights over Arrowhead are on approach, when power settings are a fraction of takeoff power.

It's kinda ridiculous to claim stuff deposited on your lawn furniture comes from airliners flying over your house.

This graph shows CO2 production of transportation sources, and it can serve as a reliable proxy for other pollutants produced.

Engines on airliners have become much cleaner over the last fifty years, just like automobiles. The industry is moving to lower sulphur fuels, and an international protocol produced by the ICAO provides new standards which must be met by 2020.

Are you aware of this?

"The Federal Aviation Administration has rerouted nighttime flights to Ontario International Airport after months of protest from Lake Arrowhead residents.

As of April 26, flights arriving into Ontario from the northeast between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. are taking a path that avoids direct overflight of the mountain community.

“I’m very pleased they were able to make this change and so far the community seems pleased and the folks up there are getting a better night’s rest,” said San Bernardino County Supervisor Janice Rutherford.

The new nighttime path, which was presented to residents during a community meeting in January, is 2.1 miles east of the current path that was implemented one year ago as part of the FAA’s Southern California Metroplex project."

https://www.dailybulletin.com/2018/...rport-after-lake-arrowhead-residents-protest/
Makes sense being that air transport makes up for only 11.81% of transportation miles. Yes, they do burn really clean. But where there's combustion, there's pollution. But I think the community's issue was noise pollution more than air pollution. As you said, that stuff isn't falling straight down, it drifts a long way before it settles on anything.
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 2.23.20 PM.png

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score

Are you aware of this?

So now the people in running springs or Big bear have to deal with it?