WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Commercial A license question

oldschool

Reaction score
If someone gets a ticket for driving a non registered, non compliant CARB vehicle, how does that impact their license? Also, can a non registered commercial be insured?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
yes it can be insured
should not impact your license but can be towed

welldigger00

Reaction score
You can’t register a non carb compliant commercial vehicle at all. It won’t enter into the computer at the DMV. As far as getting a ticket goes, it’ll be when the copper sees your reg sticker out of date. Or, you get pulled over for a moving violation, and you hand over expired reg. If you still have current reg, your Days are numbered. As far as your license goes, it’s a fix it ticket, I believe, I may be wrong…

dspracing

Reaction score
Assuming you are trying to transport a non compliant vehicle out of state….

When I had looked into this there really wasn’t a legal way but the agency I had called indicated that if you had paperwork for the sale and you were headed out of state…. You “should” be fine.

We sold two non carb compliant trucks. One was loaded on a trailer and hailed to Sacramento. The second was picked up by a Jamaican guy and driven all the way to Miami. Didn’t hear issues from either.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Assuming you are trying to transport a non compliant vehicle out of state….

When I had looked into this there really wasn’t a legal way but the agency I had called indicated that if you had paperwork for the sale and you were headed out of state…. You “should” be fine.

We sold two non carb compliant trucks. One was loaded on a trailer and hailed to Sacramento. The second was picked up by a Jamaican guy and driven all the way to Miami. Didn’t hear issues from either.
You can get a moving permit from the DMV for a day. I had gotten several that had expired tags due to not being able to pass smog.

dspracing

Reaction score
You can get a moving permit from the DMV for a day. I had gotten several that had expired tags due to not being able to pass smog.
As I recall it actually goes beyond that. You are operating a vehicle that is illegal in the state. Moving permit or not, it’s illegal as opposed to a legal vehicle which has emission compliance issues. That’s why I had made the phone call. The only legal way to do it from what I remember is through the low mileage exemption which requires the new owner to register the vehicle in Ca under low use just so they can drive it out of the state.

But like anything in California it’s all about who you run into and how they interpret the law. May be able to make a moving permit fly and it’s possible the folks I talked to gave me incorrect info. Just sharing my thoughts and experience.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
It may effect your csa score also. Which could get your license removed

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
As I recall it actually goes beyond that. You are operating a vehicle that is illegal in the state. Moving permit or not, it’s illegal as opposed to a legal vehicle which has emission compliance issues. That’s why I had made the phone call. The only legal way to do it from what I remember is through the low mileage exemption which requires the new owner to register the vehicle in Ca under low use just so they can drive it out of the state.

But like anything in California it’s all about who you run into and how they interpret the law. May be able to make a moving permit fly and it’s possible the folks I talked to gave me incorrect info. Just sharing my thoughts and experience.
I believe what you were told was interpreted as if the vehicle doesn't have any registration or not. Current or not. A moving permit is used and needed if you drive a project car from one property to another or what not. Also, you can't get a registration without an emissions test or a referee inspection. A moving permit is the legal way to drive the vehicle to those.