WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Competitive trailer tire size replacement

Daytona Ray

Reaction score
My 1983 competitive trailer that carries a 21 Daytona has the original uniroyal tiger paw bias ply size E70-14 tires that it rolled out of the factory with36 years ago.i guess I should replace them ( ha ha)what size should I get that fits and looks good that matches the cool look of competitive trailers? I don't want the funky " trailer use only tires" like my big Tex car hauler has.need to keep it cool of course

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Also, welcome to the board. New member TODAY! Lot's of info through here and lot's of crap, may you find plenty of both, enjoy!

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Mine has P205/70R14's but also has the skinny fenders. My Competitive Trailer is a 1976 year model. (I still have the original spare tire, bias ply and never used it.)

Dan'l

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Mine are 205/75 14. They are trailer tires but look like car tires...vs the type that come on a utility or dump trailer.

I just priced some out at Americas Tire. They looked pretty good also.

Sent using Tapatalk

Puddemup

Reaction score
St 205/75/14...on my 87 competitive w skinny fenders.......225's rubbed inner fender splash guard
20190512_212615.jpg

Daytona Ray

Reaction score
St 205/75/14...on my 87 competitive w skinny fenders.......225's rubbed inner fender splash guard View attachment 753546
Your trailer is definitely a brother of mine except tunnel and your v bottom differences.i have the exact fiberglass fenders . My E 70 14 tires do convert to 205 70 series but your 75 series series should also work with a very slight higher side wall as long as we stay with the 205 width.thanks for the help & photo, beautiful boat & trailer hard to believe we've had these over 30 years and look cherry.

Puddemup

Reaction score
Your trailer is definitely a brother of mine except tunnel and your v bottom differences.i have the exact fiberglass fenders . My E 70 14 tires do convert to 205 70 series but your 75 series series should also work with a very slight higher side wall as long as we stay with the 205 width.thanks for the help & photo, beautiful boat & trailer hard to believe we've had these over 30 years and look cherry.
....got lucky with mine....bought it last year with 228 hours on it...all original....can eat off the bilge & motor so I didn't doubt the hour meter. My fenders are steel though...my buddy has an 81 Eliminator / Competitive and has fiberglass fenders like u describe......has 195's, and they don't look right, too small without lowered fenders.

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Pretty similar. I can get the sizes in a week. View attachment 753597
I was looking at those wheels today for my trailer. I told the wife they would look great on our trailer. Now I know for sure. I have the old chrome wheels with the dish caps in the center(with the hole for the Bearing Buddy), and I like the look of them, but two of the wheels are bent and will need to be replaced.

Puddemup

Reaction score
I think those fenders are wider than ours...they also appear to be lowered...mounted lower. Those tires look wider, and lower profile...probably a 50 or 60 series tire...they look great on his setup, but probably will not fit right or look right with our non-lowered, and skinny fenders...just my 2 cents:)

Daytona Ray

Reaction score
I think those fenders are wider than ours...they also appear to be lowered...mounted lower. Those tires look wider, and lower profile...probably a 50 or 60 series tire...they look great on his setup, but probably will not fit right or look right with our non-lowered, and skinny fenders...just my 2 cents:)
Exactly I'm going with 70 series ,that's what competitive put on and I was happy with it ,looked cool towed nice

Puddemup

Reaction score
Check amazon. I bought a spare rim and tire complete and shipped to my door for about a 100$ if I recall.....matches the existing perfectly, even though the existing rims are 32 yrs old!