WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Competitors lying about your business?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
How do you guys handle competitors lying about your business in social media? I try not to jump into because I think it makes us all look bad, but now I am having clients reach out to me questioning their coverage based on these lies. What would you do?

BTW this is about Liberty covering street legal SxS in AZ, another agent is saying we don't cover it. We do.

DWC

Reaction score
I’d be willing to bet your company has a floor full of lawyers that would love to deal with it.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Send them a cease and desist letter from your attorney. Keep the correspondence of potential/current customers inquiring about what they have said and screen shot anything they have said about your business for potential slander case. LetLthem know you don't let shit companies F with your $$$$ and reputation

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I would only answer questions posed about your buisness. Clear up any unknows. Never engage, will only make you look bad in the end
This^ Be cordial and helpful to any existing customers and newcomers. Hopefully your customer base knows to ask, not just to believe others.

((((((((((((((OR))))))))))))))

Call Out The Competition

To The Docktagon

:D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I have no answer but you pose a good question that could shed light and help others for sure.
Good Luck.
Be the best you can has been a successful formula for centuries. With today's social media etc. people are just going to have to figure out the uncharted waters I guess.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Besides the above excellent advice...

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 10.14.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 10.14.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 10.15.25 PM.png

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I’d be willing to bet your company has a floor full of lawyers that would love to deal with it.

I think the floor full of lawyers is dedicated to going after AmFam corporate if their commercials are lying, I don't think they care too much about an AmFam agent lying about stuff.

Just super frustrating all around, I don't want my silence to be seen as signing off on what he is saying as truth, but I also don't like these sorts of arguments because it drags us all down.

Reactions: DWC

JBS

Reaction score
Can you simply post a declaration page showing the coverage.

Seems easy enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Can you simply post a declaration page showing the coverage.

Seems easy enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what I am planning on doing, just running everything by our compliance team first to make sure I am not going to be breaking any internal social media rules.

Reactions: JBS

HavaToon

Reaction score
That's what I am planning on doing, just running everything by our compliance team first to make sure I am not going to be breaking any internal social media rules.

This^ and if any client questions you provide them the proof directly as well.

If a client leaves because of FB lies so be it, the ones you want are the ones that trust you and appreciate how you treat and take care of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Kevin, the technical term for this is FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt.

It is unfortunate, but happens all the time in outside sales, and sales in general.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Kevin, the technical term for this is FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt.

It is unfortunate, but happens all the time in outside sales, and sales in general.

yeah at this point, I think it's better to walk away from it. That Mark Twain quote @WhatExit? posted about arguing with stupid people really resonated.

If anyone would like me to send a copy of the policy I'd be happy to, but hopefully most of the people on here can't be persuaded by this guy.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
yeah at this point, I think it's better to walk away from it. That Mark Twain quote @WhatExit? posted about arguing with stupid people really resonated.

If anyone would like me to send a copy of the policy I'd be happy to, but hopefully most of the people on here can't be persuaded by this guy.

That is a good plan. I would just keep doing what you do, and let you and your product stand on its own. I can't imagine someone just randomly cancelling without at least asking you a question and letting you clear up the confusion anyway.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That sucks that is happening to you.

I have had it happening to me literally as soon as this place started turning a profit. They always say "oh that little website" etc.. I just laugh and every now and again I'll ask any and all of them to post their numbers and actual reach to potential customers for advertising. I've offered the pepsi challenge probably 12 times, to date NONE of my competitors have ever posted their circulations, social media #'s, forum / website numbers etc..

I post mine all the time. I don't care, and am honest about them. I'll also stand by the comment you can add em all up, and I don't think they the reach rdp does alone with just the website (not including out social media arms / SEO etc..)

RD

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Well it kicked off again today in another social media setting but this time he told people that he sells my products (he doesn't, only LM employees like me can sell LM personal lines products) which is getting him reported to our compliance department.

There's enough business to go around for all of us, we don't need to talk shit about each other to earn business.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
I have had personal experiences with "this individual" through other business dealings, if this is the same guy I talked to you about last night. Unfortunately he is kind of well known in the AZ SXS market but not necessarily for good reasons. His true colors will show eventually, I personally do not want to do business with someone who is constantly talking shit about another business. From the post I read last night it seems like he is scared. There is enough to go around for everyone.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Advertise. Simple fix. You advertise your business and what you cover. You will reach a lot of people that way and the person who is lying will look like the misinformed liar they are.