WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Composite Questions? We asked Gurit

WavetoWave

Reaction score
We thought you would enjoy this article based our discussion with Gurit, one of the leaders in marine composites, about some exciting new products. One is Kerdyn, priced like wood but is a great structural core material, one version is based on recycled material. Plus some modern boat building discussion.

https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2018/3/19/material-innovation-composites

35arotc.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t think the statement that “almost all boat builders are using infusion” is correct.. I can only think of a handful that do it, and it’s an option in the build process even amongst those.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I don’t think the statement that “almost all boat builders are using infusion” is correct.. I can only think of a handful that do it, and it’s an option in the build process even amongst those.

The rest of the sentence says, "in some parts of their process" .

WavetoWave

Reaction score
Ya, I think he meant more big builders and not all the parts but at least some. You're right though, it sounded like it was "everyone" but hand laid is more common.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The rest of the sentence says, "in some parts of their process" .

I read it, but most everyone I know is using it on everything or nothing.. not sure “what parts of the process” they would be using it in.