WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Concrete Job in Havasu

Elway

Reaction score
I've got a pretty big job that I need to bid out in Havasu - about 2300 yards of concrete driveway and some perimeter pavers installed after existing asphalt, curbs removed, water/sewer power lines replaced before the new pour. Ideally would want one company to come in and do all the engineering and work.

Any recommendations?

NicPaus

Reaction score
My Buddy just poured 220 yards in Parker and it took every finisher around to get it done. I think Steve Stanton handled it.

Elway

Reaction score
Yeah, 2300 yards. Its big. Roughly 135,000 square feet, and will include sewer/utilities, so it is even bigger. Hence, my search for someone that could handle this size of a job, I'm fairly certain that I will need to get someone out of Phoenix or maybe Kingman. Locally, Cutting Edge and Frontier have passed on it due to the size of the job.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Nordie might know someone out of Vegas that could handle it possibly?

HBCraig

Reaction score
Handful of guys in Vegas can handle that

Your ad here

Reaction score
2300 yards for 135,000 sq.ft. is a 5-1/2" thick section.

Elway

Reaction score
2300 yards for 135,000 sq.ft. is a 5-1/2" thick section.
Yeah I thought 2300 sounded a bit high too, but conservatively I'm figuring it is at least 2150. The project consists of condo complex common area driveways, parking and entry, etc. I'm early in the RFP process so the numbers are admittedly a bit rough, I think they included some small site walls, curbs and gutters in the 2300 number so it should be fairly close.

I thought about Vegas too...that's probably my best bet. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Loony Toon

Reaction score
Call Protek Concrete in Kingman and talk to Pete Jones 928-757-7231.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Yeah I thought 2300 sounded a bit high too, but conservatively I'm figuring it is at least 2150. The project consists of condo complex common area driveways, parking and entry, etc. I'm early in the RFP process so the numbers are admittedly a bit rough, I think they included some small site walls, curbs and gutters in the 2300 number so it should be fairly close.

I thought about Vegas too...that's probably my best bet. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Where are they going to put that stuff?

Elway

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Project is the Isles condos on the island.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Masonry and More in Havasu, tell Jeff neighbor sent you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Don't you have to have an city approved contractor when you start talking about water and sewer, curbs and gutters? Same with Uni Source.

82daytona

Reaction score
Black opal in fort Mohave has a big crew and the equipment to maybe do it. They’re always in Havasu too

Nordie

Reaction score
That's a lot of concrete, are you the GC on the job? There's places out of Vegas that can handle that, but not sure on the licensing deal. Phoenix might be your best bet, and it's going to come at a cost for sure. It wouldn't hurt to call Bull Concrete or XL Masonry out of Vegas, they might be able to work in Arizona. They do a lot of tilt-up work here in town.

Edit: When we worked on the massive Amazon building here in Vegas, they had a concrete outfit from Phoenix called Suntec Concrete, their work didn't seem too bad actually.

Elway

Reaction score
Thanks, no I'm not GC'ing the job, I'm working with the HOA Board to assemble bids...they have struggled to find someone willing to bid out a job of this size.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Can the HOA handle breaking it up into smaller projects? One section a week or one a month? It would likely be cheaper to have a local company do it than bring it guys from far away....

Elway

Reaction score
Great question, yeah they are hoping to be able do it in 3 separate phases for that very reason...the replacement and tying in the new the utility lines might complicate that plan, however...just dont know yet until I can get someone out there that knows what they are doing to spec out the various options.

Havalife

Reaction score
Black opal in fort Mohave has a big crew and the equipment to maybe do it. They’re always in Havasu too
I'm sure Allan wont touch an RFP for 2300 yrds to be started When was that???? Just figure $6.00 a foot if you prep and have everything prepped. By the sounds of it you are lost and wanting a price to make someone happy.

530RL

Reaction score
The best large concrete company out of Phoenix is Riggs Concrete by far.