WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Concrete pour tomorrow...how long can I wait and still put kids handprints?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We are adding to our driveway and a slab in back, concrete is being poured in the morning while I am at work. Wondering how long I have to get kids handprints before it sets too hard to do so. Anyone have an idea? I always liked seeing peoples names / dates in concrete. My house has its previous owners from the 70's etched in the driveway, and probably the original owners names on the porch which was poured in 1951 when the house was built.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
From past experience you have to do it pretty much about the time they are doing the finish work. We did it to the front porch of our first house together and waited a little to long so it didn't turn out like we wanted. Hope you get it the way you want.

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
Get the hand lotion ready! I worked Ready Mix for 10 years and it dries your hands out within minutes.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Couple hours... Tell them easy on the lime

SoCalDave

Reaction score
If you're going to work you're going to miss the window of opportunity.
Can the wife or the finishers help them?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Looks like im outta luck, wife and I are working. :( We'll have to do it some other time, there is still a section of asphalt in the back to replace.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Looks like im outta luck, wife and I are working. :( We'll have to do it some other time, there is still a section of asphalt in the back to replace.

Take a day off or head home early.

Shit like that you don't get a second chance. Come on now.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
We are adding to our driveway and a slab in back, concrete is being poured in the morning while I am at work. Wondering how long I have to get kids handprints before it sets too hard to do so. Anyone have an idea? I always liked seeing peoples names / dates in concrete. My house has its previous owners from the 70's etched in the driveway, and probably the original owners names on the porch which was poured in 1951 when the house was built.
AwesomeDadMuch? Here's what I know. I'm a Freakn dinosaur. Yet I still remember how cool it was of my dad to let me and siblings do this..Your kids are never gonna forget it either..not gonna happen on this pour tho. Schedule next pour on a Sat.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Well....
Didnt get the handprints, but did get everyones names in there with the date. Stopped by the kids daycare and apparently 12:30 is naptime! She looked at me like I was nuts to wake them up.
So.....just put everyones names in. Apparently my carpenter eye was having trouble calculating scale.....in my head what I was doing was much smaller [emoji1]
Hey.....its huge but there will be no doubt WE WERE HERE [emoji1]
uploadfromtaptalk1433217923521.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
The finisher have a heart attack watching you do it?

TLAW719

Reaction score
That's cool you were able to get your names in there. Glad to see it.