WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Congrats Anthony Cuccia!

lebel409

Reaction score
Congratulations Anthony, the newest Eagle Scout from troop 483, Glendora, GLAAC District! It was a pleasure to meet a awesome young man, his mother....and Joe:D It was a pleasure to be on his EBOR!

All the best!

wishiknew

Reaction score
Congratulations Anthony, the newest Eagle Scout from troop 483, Glendora, GLAAC District! It was a pleasure to meet a awesome young man, his mother....and Joe:D It was a pleasure to be on his EBOR!

All the best!

Congrats Is He part of the Vince's family ???

BigHeart

RiverMaster
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1470583071940.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

All the best!
John you are something else...

I had never met John face to face before yesterday's Eagle board of review. I meet him outside the church, introduced myself, and stand there making small talk. (I have no clue who he is at this point!) All I know is, he is going to be one of the guys on the review board. There are six adults on the board, including the district commissioner.

The Eagle board of review takes over three hours. First to be interviewed is our Scout master.

After that, they interview me and my wife. Come to find out, my wife had written a letter to the board, I hadn't read yet, but the board had. They asked me a few questions, and apparently my answers were exactly the same as what my wife had put in the letter! That was a very cool thing for me. We also talked about Anthony's three year battle with Lyme disease, and how none of us thought he was going to be able to make Eagle rank. It was a very emotional situation for me, going over all of thus stuff. The whole review process was quite moving for me. (Yes, my eyes were leaking a bit).

Finally they interview my son, and we wait patiently while they they grill him. After an hour or so, they call all of us in to sit before the board.

The board tell us Anthony has passed all of his Eagle requirements, and now is officially an Eagle Scout. I can't begin to explain the feeling for me. Eight years of blood, sweat tears, and it's finally done!

I go to shake Johns hand, and he says...

Congratulations rivermobster!

I'm like, huh?

He finally tells me who he is from RDP, and that he had requested to be on this board of review I don't even know how long ago.

I'm stunned...

I can't believe he has taken the time to do this for us. I still can't really. What a phonemal thing to do. I'm touched beyond words by this gesture. John you are such a great guy. Thank you so much for doing this!!! I will never forget what you've done.

I'm so so proud of my son for being able to get this done. Only 5% of all Boy Scouts achieve the rank of Eagle. If that wasn't bad enough, he did it being chronicly sick for the past three years.

He is 124th Eagle Scout to come out of Troop 483. His Eagle Court of Honor will be coming up soon. There are a number of inmates that will be invited.

I'm thinking John will be first on this list.

Signed, humbled beyond words.

uploadfromtaptalk1470595470706.jpg

lebel409

Reaction score
Joe, I've been helping with the Eagle Boards for a couple of years. Most of the Scouts are pretty good, eagle is a neat accomplishment for them, maybe something for their college applications, maybe an Uncle or brother has done it and they want to also. Anthony has a deep appreciation for the award, the experiance and I think it will always mean a great deal to him. He's the kind of young man that makes working with Scouts special. Adding the stress and limitations of the Lyme disease just shows his character and determination.

Good for him, get your daughter in Venture crew!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Joe, I've been helping with the Eagle Boards for a couple of years. Most of the Scouts are pretty good, eagle is a neat accomplishment for them, maybe something for their college applications, maybe an Uncle or brother has done it and they want to also. Anthony has a deep appreciation for the award, the experiance and I think it will always mean a great deal to him. He's the kind of young man that makes working with Scouts special. Adding the stress and limitations of the Lyme disease just shows his character and determination.

Good for him, get your daughter in Venture crew!
Thank you for that. [emoji106]

The whole experience has meant a lot to both of us. We have made many life long friends in scouting. Don't think my daughter will do it, but Anthony and I both want to continue in the program somehow.

Time will tell. Thanks again! [emoji4]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The other thing I found out yesterday was...

We had applied for an extension, due to Anthony's health. It said right on the Boy Scout Web site, extensions are Rarely granted.

Turns out the district executive, had the extension in his hand the whole time, but didn't tell anyone. He wanted to see if Anthony was going to be able to get everything done.

That was a very nice surprise to me.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Bump for a great story about a great inmate...

AND cause I'm proud of my kid!!!

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
A big congrats! Both mine are Eagle Scouts, so I know how hard your son worked. Enjoy this!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Is lebel409 in the pictures. ?

Yes...

He is one of the two guys in the back with the green shirts on. The guy on the left as you're looking at the picture. The other guy is our brand new district commissioner, super nice guy. He came to our Troop's last big Court of Honor as well.

He is also the first district commissioner we have had that actually came up through Scouting. Previously, the district would just hire a guy (bean counter), fresh outa school for the job, with no Boy Scout experience at all. Now we finally have someone at the top level with actual Scouting experience. Should be some real positive changes in Scouting this year for the brand new unified district. :thumbsup:thumbsup

For all you dads that have young boys, this is the most positive thing you can do for them. John and I are both firm believers in the program. It turns young boys into men.

https://www.glaacbsa.org/

redone76

Reaction score
Congrats to your son on such a huge accomplishment! Bet you're one proud Dad. Tell him welcome to the club.:thumbsup:thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Super happy for Anthony. Congrats!

Thanks bro. I'll pass that along. You and your clan will be on the list for sure. Early part of November. :thumbsup

Just in case anyone wanted to know what Boy Scouts is like these days, this is the latest camp they have built. I'd love to go there one day!

[video=youtube;_8yZsa6wFEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yZsa6wFEw[/video]