WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Congrats to Greg Timmon's - DCB Delivers it's M33R with twin 450R's

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Owner Greg Timmon's has to be stoked with DCB's latest delivery his own M33R with twin 450's! The boat made it's first impressions on the crowd at the Lake Powell Challenge this last weekend and from what we have heard it was definitely a crowd pleaser! It's hard not to be when it's a newer model boat, with the latest in Merc Racing's power, and a build sheet that checks almost every box.

lake-powell-challenge-2019-tom-leigh-3288-jpg.799452

RDP got it's hands on the actual build order for the boat, and while it's slightly redacted (removed the price etc..) You can come to the conclusion quickly that no expense was spared on the build.
  • Twin Merc 450R’s
  • STR X-Act engine brackets
  • Two (2) 55 gallon fuel tanks
  • 100% Alcantara interior package with matching under cuddy
  • CNC stitched embroidery sections
  • Custom matching carpet kit with shaved diamonds in the fabric
  • Phase III gelcoat scheme
  • Half cap with black powdercoated SS rubrail
  • Vacuum Infused Resin (VIR) process, foam-cored, with full carbon-fiber layup for weight savings (approx. 5,350lbs)
  • Exposed carbon-fiber on deck and inner liner
  • Two (2) Simrad NSS12 Evo3 (12”) touch screen monitors
  • One (1) Garmin 7612 (12”) GPS center plotter
  • Two (2) Garmin monitors on back of headrests
  • Six (6) person intercom set with VHF boat-to-boat communication (aka “DCB Channel”)
  • Interior Rigid LED lighting package (mood lighting, courtesy lighting, LED cupholders)
  • Stage II stereo – Fusion head unit | Two (2) hard-wired remotes | Two (2) JL Audio amplifiers | Eight (8) JL Audio M6 midrange speakers | Two (2) 13” JL Audio subwoofers
  • Mercury DTS controls
  • 40” Billet swimstep with SeaDek lining for easy boarding
  • Foot shower
  • Extreme Custom Trailer, triple-axle with 18” FUEL rims, SS fenders and triangular drive guard, undercarriage LED lighting package, front courtesy ladder.
zrumrtqq-jpeg.799456

If you rewind back in time there was a lot of things that just became "overly bling" especially in the early 2000's. Back then manufacturers would have likely put hatch rams on all three of the hatches on the back of this boat, along with monster oversized billet hinges etc.

The outboard boats of today brought back a simplistic and minimalist approach, that it is clean and functional with no unnecessary things. Speaking solely for myself I am a big fan of this new styling. Note the cable on the back of the fender compartment to prevent the outer hatch from hitting the inner.

The idea of the fender compartment on either side of a storage bin is pretty ingenious in itself as well.
lkabomnw-jpeg.799462

Note the traditional switching for the boats main functions as opposed to seazone switching. While seazone is very cool and "flashy", traditional switches offer ease of use, and reliability. If you ever have a problem in the future it's a lot easier to replace a switch than diagnose software problems.

Also note in this picture the red button on the very left side. That is the push to talk buttons for the "boat to boat" (car to car) radio.
ynou0vtg-jpeg.799464
jb3g3_8q-jpeg.799461
4awtz8ma-jpeg.799457
54xh2r_g-jpeg.799459

The boat itself with minimal prop testing has already run an impressive number of 125 mph at 6450 RPM spinning Merc 35 inch CNC cleavers. This was on the higher end of DCB's estimations of 122-127 mph. With as hot and sticky as the weather has been, there could be a little left in it come winter time!

lake-powell-challenge-2019-tom-leigh-114-2-lower-res-jpg.799453
lake-powell-challenge-2019-tom-leigh-2253-lower-res-jpg.799454

Congrats to Greg Timmon's once again! You should be very proud of your new build!

RD

Photos - DCB & Tom Leigh

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Owner and builders should be very proud of that boat. VERY nicely done!

RD "...simplistic and minimalist approach..." :confused:

Yes, in the same way the abrupt styling and dark colors of an F35 harken back to a more simplistic era of flight:p

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
It’s way way better in person even tho the pics still do justice to it! I thought I had a few pics but drunk me put the phone away thank god haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I got a chance to climb around on this boat at the Lake Powell Challenge. Its gorrgeous and the attention to detail is over the top. The fenders have slightly different rope lengths depending one if they are for the front, middle, or rear of the boat

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Shes a pretty boat, that's for sure. I'm still not a big fan of big heavy 4stroke outboards.

Also, not sure "simple" is the word I would use to describe a boat with 5 Simrad/Garmins and complete crew radio on board lol.

Give me something with a carburetor and a set of analog gauges please.

Still a pretty boat

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shes a pretty boat, that's for sure. I'm still not a big fan of big heavy 4stroke outboards.

Also, not sure "simple" is the word I would use to describe a boat with 5 Simrad/Garmins and complete crew radio on board lol.

Give me something with a carburetor and a set of analog gauges please.

Still a pretty boat

If it was mid 2000’s they’d have the terminator arm on the center hatch and dual hatch rams on the little ones... Alojg with electric adjustable foot pedals, and billet bezels around the screens. Lol.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ok how much? Guessing close to $400K

Englewood

Reaction score
The fender holder on the side is flat out genius! I also love how they incorporate items inside the glove box for a clean look.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
460’ishk.

Mind blowing!!! Every time I think I am getting farther in life, I see the price of these things, and just shake my head, and acknowledge the fact I'll never own something like this. I don't know if its the cost that makes my head spin the most, or the fact that DCB (and all the other MFG's) are backed up for months (if not years) with builds that are already in line. Between build costs, insurance costs, maintenance, etc., the cost of ownership of these things is staggering to me!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This may be picking fly shit out of pepper, but embroidering “DCB M33r” in every seatback is the only I’d change if I was ever in the position.... but I never will be.

That is all customer options and choices.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Incredible boat, love the colors.
Why only 55 gallons per side? At 2mpg Lake Powell & other sizable lakes will be "interesting" when 91+ octane is required.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Incredible boat, love the colors.
Why only 55 gallons per side? At 2mpg Lake Powell & other sizable lakes will be "interesting" when 91+ octane is required.

It shows option for 90 gallon tanks on their site also so must have been owners choice on this boat to run 55 per side.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
by about 50K.

All the best to Greg and the DCB gang. Outstanding job. Looking forward to doing a bit of boating with Greg in the very near future.

On a side note the write up is excellent Dave.

Whats $50K between friends?!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Super nice boat...did they put any usb power outlets in that glove box? Figure your phone would be in there...Saw what looked to be a 12 volt but wonder if there are native usb around the boat.

RD, I agree that the minimalist approach looks better. I actually like that they have changed the way the hatch is. Instead of opening to a big cavernous hatch where you see zip tie galore sano rigging, you see more functional space with access panels to get to cables if needed. Also, if you look behind the dash the zip tie sano cables are much more simplified with the use of screens versus ol school gauges.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Whats $50K between friends?!

Not really that much when you get into upper levels of boating. Lol.

When you get into the upper upper levels and props are 20 ish a whack and good for a season than ya know you’ve made it. ;). :D.

Had a friend with a herring that sits on his bar as a conversation piece. He threw a blade on one and ordered a matched set new. When you are running in the 200 mph range you don’t take chances.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Super nice boat...did they put any usb power outlets in that glove box? Figure your phone would be in there...Saw what looked to be a 12 volt but wonder if there are native usb around the boat.

RD, I agree that the minimalist approach looks better. I actually like that they have changed the way the hatch is. Instead of opening to a big cavernous hatch where you see zip tie galore sano rigging, you see more functional space with access panels to get to cables if needed. Also, if you look behind the dash the zip tie sano cables are much more simplified with the use of screens versus ol school gauges.

I didn’t see the boat up close and personal but it’s pretty standard to have USB ports in all passenger locations now. I’d be surprised if they didn’t.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
The good thing is, 450R’s run on 89 octane, and at cruise that should still pull 2.2-2.6 mpg, so 100 gallons should get you 200 miles.

I understand what you are saying. I'm nowhere near ready to spend 400K + on a boat. These new DCB's are incredible. Just my opinion, if I have a BADASS boat capable of cruising 110mph I would want to make sure I wasn't worried about having enough fuel to run at least a few hours before needing to worry about fuel. I just despise worrying if I have enough fuel for my day boating, too many other things to be concerned with.

mswasey

Reaction score
The good thing is, 450R’s run on 89 octane, and at cruise that should still pull 2.2-2.6 mpg, so 100 gallons should get you 200 miles.

I love this boat! Curious, is this 2.2-2.6mpg for each 450? If yes, then that 100 gal gets you 100 miles, right? I’m with @lake p.a.l. I hate worrying about fuel. Anyone who’s ever ran on Lake Powell understands this.

sirbob

Reaction score
Is this the same Timmons that owned the big v and has the dealership in LB? Did they make a switch to cats or just adding to the fleet?

If so, I see a common thread in the "blue" boats. I'm a fan of blue boats.

Nice one here.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I love this boat! Curious, is this 2.2-2.6mpg for each 450? If yes, then that 100 gal gets you 100 miles, right? I’m with @lake p.a.l. I hate worrying about fuel. Anyone who’s ever ran on Lake Powell understands this.

Combined, gets a total of 2.2-2.6
Boating= smiles per gallon:D:)

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Pretty good shots of it here