WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Connect Iphone to home speakers - bluetooth amp?

2Driver

Reaction score
Looking for something small and simple.

I have 2 outside speakers and 2 inside. I just want to run them off my iphone. I don’t need a receiver.

Is there a small cheap amp 120 watt channel with bluetooth that will push my speakers via the iphone.

2Driver

Reaction score
Yeah I think either of those. Be nice to find a brand name audio.

I assume just plug it in to ac, plug in the speakers, and connect the phone via bluetooth and i’m off and running.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Yeah I think either of those. Be nice to find a brand name audio.

I assume just plug it in to ac, plug in the speakers, and connect the phone via bluetooth and i’m off and running.
Yeah, should be simple.

You won't find a name brand as there's no money in it.

jones performance

Reaction score

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Sonos speakers couldn’t be easier, all on your phone, different music in each room if you want, all run through wifi

8AE9D3F9-DA8F-4198-B4DA-AB344F1E132B.png

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Maybe something like this? It may be as close to brand name as you are going to get unless you want to go with the sonos system.

Note that Sonos also sells an amp that you can connect to your existing wired speakers if you don't want to retrofit sonos speakers all around your house. I am in the process of figuring out the best option for me to get sound around my house and out by the pool - A Bluetooth receiver isn't going to work because of the distance I need. I need ot have my phone within about 30 feet for bluetooth to work, but wifi has much better coverage.

I haven't tried any of these out. If you don't mind spending the $$, Sonos probably has the best phone app for interface.

Hammer

Reaction score
Maybe something like this? It may be as close to brand name as you are going to get unless you want to go with the sonos system.

Note that Sonos also sells an amp that you can connect to your existing wired speakers if you don't want to retrofit sonos speakers all around your house. I am in the process of figuring out the best option for me to get sound around my house and out by the pool - A Bluetooth receiver isn't going to work because of the distance I need. I need ot have my phone within about 30 feet for bluetooth to work, but wifi has much better coverage.

I haven't tried any of these out. If you don't mind spending the $$, Sonos probably has the best phone app for interface.

The Sonos is bad ass. I installed it in my backyard patio. My only gripe is you have to buy an amp for each zone. In hindsight, I’d rather have one amp that controls all the zones through the Sonos App.

I think you can do that but I’d have to get a different Sonos controller?

I need to do more research before I expand the system into the backyard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
I think I've gone full circle back to a plain Jane $150, 200 watt Yam receiver like coofooter and rice suggested. It will drive all my existing speakers well and its pretty small

Im not really into music to drop $2000+ for sonos.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
You can hook one of these up to your current receiver.

These have been out of stock for awhile but I have three of these that I use to connect to different amps or bluetooth speakers around the house for whole house/outdoor audio. They work great and with a little setup work great. I picked up all three for $30. You can connect to all of them or just one depending on where you want the music.

IF you don't want to use the old amp I would go with a cheaper 5 channel with multi zone that way you can turn the speakers on or off outside. I would also pick up an outdoor volume control.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
depending on budget get an entry level Yamaha receiver with their music caster app. It will do what you want. Also has ability to stream Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM using their app. appx $300-$400

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We have wired rock speakers around the pool connected to a sonos amp, and yes it gets expensive for all the amps, I think we were close to $6000 for all of the speakers, amps, subs in the walls, speakers and subs in the garage, all through the house inside and out, etc.
IMG_9019.jpeg

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I think I've gone full circle back to a plain Jane $150, 200 watt Yam receiver like coofooter and rice suggested. It will drive all my existing speakers well and its pretty small

Im not really into music to drop $2000+ for sonos.
If you don't mind using a basic receiver and just want a cheap way to connect to it and play music through your phone, get an Amazon echo dot and use the headphone jack on the dot to connect into your receiver. Then install the Alexa app on your phone to control the dot. It's a little bit clunky but range isn't an issue and it's cheap.

Another option is a Yamaha receiver with wifi as was suggested.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
If you mind using a basic receiver and just want a cheap way to connect to it and play usic thrlugh your phone, get an Amazon echo dot and use the headphone jack on the dot to connect into your receiver. Then install the Alexa app on your phone to control the dot. Ots a lottle bit clunky but range isnt an issue and it's cheap.

Another option is a Yamaha receiver with wifi as was suggested.

This is what i do. Works well.

Zed

Reaction score
Just add a Sonos Connect to your current receiver set up. Add it to one of the open inputs and connect to your phone. No need to change any speakers, amps or wiring.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
The Sonos is bad ass. I installed it in my backyard patio. My only gripe is you have to buy an amp for each zone. In hindsight, I’d rather have one amp that controls all the zones through the Sonos App.

I think you can do that but I’d have to get a different Sonos controller?

I need to do more research before I expand the system into the backyard...

Hey Mike, no, Sonos does not make a multizone amp. Denon/HEOS does. You'd need an amp or port to connect an additional zone.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Hey Mike, no, Sonos does not make a multizone amp. Denon/HEOS does. You'd need an amp or port to connect an additional zone.

Does anyone make a speaker selector switch that can be controlled remotely? I have a passive one with the buttons on the front to switch on/off various speakers, but so far I haven't been able to find one that with wireless control. It seems like something easy to make, and am surprised that I can't find one.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yamaha Sound Bar with blue tooth capability, make the blue tooth device connection via settings on your iPhone and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score

Hey Zach,

Kind of rethinking how I design the house stereo system now. I may have jump the gun on going with the Sonos Amp. I don’t really want to buy two more SONOS amps for the living room And backyard. But I may just because I already started with the Sonos. Rumor has it the Sonos amps are back ordered until February?

Sonos Makes a port that will control all zones through the app though right? I just need one amp with enough outputs?

I guess the second question is, is an individual Sonos Amp for each zone more powerful than one receiver powering all zones with a Sonos Port?

The SONOS amp and ceiling speakers CRANK by the way! I want the backyard and living room to do that now!

Thanks again for all the help and the equipment!

I’m a rookie at all this.

Last edited:

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Hey Zach,

Kind of rethinking how I design the house stereo system now. I may have jump the gun on going with the Sonos Amp. I don’t really want to buy two more SONOS amps for the living room And backyard. But I may just because I already started with the Sonos. Rumor has it the Sonos amps are back ordered until February?

Sonos Makes a port that will control all zones through the app though right? I just need one amp with enough outputs?

I guess the second question is, is an individual Sonos Amp for each zone more powerful than one receiver powering all zones with a Sonos Port?

The SONOS amp and ceiling speakers CRANK by the way! I want the backyard and living room to do that now!

Thanks again for all the help and the equipment!

I’m a rookie at all this.

So you could do one port and then a bigger multi-ch amp but you lose the benefits of a zoned system (source, volume and power control of each zone)

I'd keep going with what you've got, you're already most of the way there, it's just money lol (you should see what some of the big systems cost :p)

Hammer

Reaction score
So you could do one port and then a bigger multi-ch amp but you lose the benefits of a zoned system (source, volume and power control of each zone)

I'd keep going with what you've got, you're already most of the way there, it's just money lol (you should see what some of the big systems cost :p)

Will Do! Can you get me two more amps?
I also need a way to link the ceiling speakers to the TV. I think I need a sound bar to do that outside?

Right now the amp is tied into the TV and Ceiling speakers, but I can’t control the TV volume through Sonos? Does that make sense?

image-2021-01-06-12:28:03-196.jpg