WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Considering changing the theme a bit..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
gotta ask what happened mrs flyin vee ?

Her husband got pretty sick for years and passed away earlier this year. :(.

Over the past decade or so since this thread was posted they started going to the river less and less and eventually sold the boats and house out here etc..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would leave the names as is and just open the similarly named bar, then it all works.

Jason from BoomBandits and myself have had several meetings about the possibility of doing just that in the last month. ;)

guest hs

Reaction score
The one in my avatar?

RD
Yes and at the top the page logo. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything I just think it’s a reminder about a bad situation every time I see it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes and at the top the page logo. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything I just think it’s a reminder about a bad situation every time I see it.

The top of the page is the red rdp logo.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
I’m waiting on center console Dave’s to launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
AF66E840-86DE-4B95-B208-ADD5FCC7F61C.png
This is what I see

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m waiting on center console Dave’s to launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxury Center Consoles.. ;). Coming as soon as the classifieds go up, and we move too XF2..

(Hoping for those two to happen next week).

RD

guest hs

Reaction score
Maybe because I’m on my phone. I’m not sure. I like the new old avatar better lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For those that just skim threads, this thread was posted in the first few months of RDP.

It would literally be suicide business wise to change the name now, and RDP is branded about has hard as you can brand something in the marine industry. Having flown all over the country there isn't anywhere the logo / brand isn't recognized. It would literally cost millions to get all that branding back if we changed the logo / name etc.. so needless to say we are RDP for life now. I do own something like 50+ different domain names for marine related websites that I have just accumulated over the years and haven't done anything with.

Quick story about rdp branding that always makes me smile when I think about it. Tim the sales guy from MTI (recently moved over to Deep Impact) told me a story one time about wearing one of my shirts. He has his own personal center console and went boating out to some remote middle of nowhere Island off the coast of Floridathat almost nobody goes too. He pulls up on the beach and there's like 2 people in eyesight.. One of them see's the shirt and says - "RIVERDAVES!!" and gives him the big thumbs up. LOL.

I just got a message from a women on fb the other day.. I think she's in Detroit? She walked outside to grab a package from the UPS guy, and he saw the shirt and said "Finally someone with good taste in boating communities."

I get a lot of messages like that, and it makes me smile every time I get one.

RD

guest hs

Reaction score
I just changed it to red that’s cool much better thanks for the tip!

rrrr

Reaction score
Jason from BoomBandits and myself have had several meetings about the possibility of doing just that in the last month. ;)

You need to go all Gas Monkey and brand everything you can think of.

Then you can roll around saying "Get you some of that! Whooo!"

:D

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I just bought a fucking RDP hat and you are going to change the name?o_O

I may leave and never come back.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Could you Mirror the web sits so the same content was on the old site as the new site?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I think the name "RiverDavesPlace" kinda makes this place sound like somebodies my space page, or personal website. While I don't really care how big or small this site gets (so long as it's quality) I think it has turned some of the mfg's / builders off a bit with the theme.

Thoughts?

RD
I agree with the manufacturers, "RiverDavesPlace" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I was just being a smart ass.
Ok. Since you are here. Just curious whatever happened to that etching machine that marked the level to pour wine in a glass that you were trying to get a patent for years ago. I thought it was cool. :)

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...When I first open the thread I also did not look at the date... and fell for it...”Sink Line and Hooker”...??? or however that saying goes???...

73mandella

Reaction score
I know you're business minded and that is important. I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in your shoes (or flip-flops), but I think a name change truly SUX. While the site is already leaning towards big boats (as I see it), RiverDavesPlace has attracted many boaters with different interests and I'd like to see it continue that way. They feel comfortable posting on this site. Besides, I'd hate to have to look elsewhere for bragging, information, and entertainment.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I know you're business minded and that is important. I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in your shoes (or flip-flops), but I think a name change truly SUX. While the site is already leaning towards big boats (as I see it), RiverDavesPlace has attracted many boaters with different interests and I'd like to see it continue that way. They feel comfortable posting on this site. Besides, I'd hate to have to look elsewhere for bragging, information, and entertainment.
Did you read the date when this thread was posted..

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Ha ha ~ very funny. RD SUX !!!

I was trying to figure out a polite way of saying "what a STUPID flipping idea".

Keep doing what you're doing . . . wishing you and Stacy continued success.

" Lucky's Wife"

cofooter

Reaction score
For those that just skim threads, this thread was posted in the first few months of RDP.

It would literally be suicide business wise to change the name now, and RDP is branded about has hard as you can brand something in the marine industry. Having flown all over the country there isn't anywhere the logo / brand isn't recognized. It would literally cost millions to get all that branding back if we changed the logo / name etc.. so needless to say we are RDP for life now. I do own something like 50+ different domain names for marine related websites that I have just accumulated over the years and haven't done anything with.

Quick story about rdp branding that always makes me smile when I think about it. Tim the sales guy from MTI (recently moved over to Deep Impact) told me a story one time about wearing one of my shirts. He has his own personal center console and went boating out to some remote middle of nowhere Island off the coast of Floridathat almost nobody goes too. He pulls up on the beach and there's like 2 people in eyesight.. One of them see's the shirt and says - "RIVERDAVES!!" and gives him the big thumbs up. LOL.

I just got a message from a women on fb the other day.. I think she's in Detroit? She walked outside to grab a package from the UPS guy, and he saw the shirt and said "Finally someone with good taste in boating communities."

I get a lot of messages like that, and it makes me smile every time I get one.

RD
Not to mention all that RDP swag you'd have to make refunds on!:D:D

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm sorry I caused all the confusion. I just thought it was funny Dave posted this not too long after he started the site and now it has thousands and thousands of loyal inmates.

I wouldn't want it any other way; well except for some more hot wives/girlfriends threads :D

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Ok. Since you are here. Just curious whatever happened to that etching machine that marked the level to pour wine in a glass that you were trying to get a patent for years ago. I thought it was cool. :)
It had a marketing problem like in everyone wanted to party, not work. I was made whole and moved on. The company sat and soon closed its doors. What trade shows that it was at, took all the top awards. I wasn't going to step in and pull it across the finish line unless they sold me majority interest in the company and nobody was interested in that. It was a sad deal because it worked so good but, sometimes this happens and you just move on to the next project.

73mandella

Reaction score
Did you read the date when this thread was posted..

2007, now that's funny as hell! My wife accuses me of not paying attention, but I just don't believe her. Maybe there's something to what she's saying after all.