WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Construction on Mohave Road (Through CRIT Reservation) Until March 2022.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
A year long construction project on a failing bridge over Tyson Wash will force periodic closures of Mohave Road north of Ehrenberg. Seek alternate routes when traveling from Blythe/Ehrenberg to Parker and back. Suggested routes are US 95 from Blythe to Agnes Wilson Road or Vidal Junction and vice-versa, or through Quartzsite on AZ 95.

60397d4535936.image.jpg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
We started taking that route after our newest dog barfed a few times on desert center.

Singleton

Reaction score
We started taking that route after our newest dog barfed a few times on desert center.

same. Started going that way after our rescue pup barfed on rice (twice going east, once west) in June 2019

Icky

Reaction score
Would the California side 95 to Agnes Wilson be a good detour? I couldn't see where exactly the closure was and I hate towing the toyhauler down rice.

Taboma

Reaction score
Alan, thanks for posting that info. That's been our route of choice for the past dozen years or so, probably the only section of the drive to Havi we enjoy going either direction.
Leave it to the Indians, seems the ONLY info you can find, is that article you posted, which makes it extremely difficult to actually tell where the work will be taking place.
BUT A YEAR 🤬 They using hand shovels and wheelbarrow for shit's sake. 🙄
Since that wash is closer to Ehrenberg and I recall that section with the Do Not Cross if Flooded signs, would seem they're going to now put a long bridge where there currently isn't a bridge. Never seen water there, so probably an occasional monsoon thing.

EDIT--- As a reference, google maps shows Mohave Road route at 47 miles & 52 minutes.

Here's a google map comparison of all available alternates from I10 to Parker for those like us who'd prefer to avoid the Attitudes & Antics of Rice Road.

10 to Parker-95 CA-AZ.JPG

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Now I'm going to have to find my wife a new place of comfort she finds sanity enough --- she loves that new 76 Travel Center in Ehrenberg, plus they're opening that Fatburger soon.
Haven't stopped in Blythe in forever, but if it's anything like I recall, she's not going to be happy.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
So what’s the new way around this?

we come from palos verde and pop through ehrenburg on to Parker.

what’s the new route? Down to quartzsote and 95 to Parker from the south end of town?

Taboma

Reaction score
So what’s the new way around this?

we come from palos verde and pop through ehrenburg on to Parker.

what’s the new route? Down to quartzsote and 95 to Parker from the south end of town?

Did you notice the map I posted above ? One route being Blythe to Agnus Wilson, Turn rt, then to Mohave Rd (1) AZ, then to Parker.
Or I10 to Quartzite, 95 AZ to Parker.

I haven't been either of those routes since the mid 80's. 😁 I noticed in google street view, a lot of sections of 95-CA side are double yellow, so drive times could certainly vary. I'd think if you were towing Quartzsite 95-AZ side would be straighter ??

Singleton

Reaction score
Did you notice the map I posted above ? One route being Blythe to Agnus Wilson, Turn rt, then to Mohave Rd (1) AZ, then to Parker.

I haven't been either of those routes since the mid 80's. 😁 I noticed in google street view, a lot of sections of 95-CA side are double yellow, so drive times could certainly vary. I'd think if you were towing Quartzsite 95-AZ side would be straighter ??

i used to do the Quartzsite 95 when towing boats out from Ultra (8 to 95). It was the quicker route when towing, due to speed limit increase with trailer once in AZ.

did the CA 95 once when rice got flooded heading home, road is just as bad as rice IMO.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score

Link was not working this am. See it now. Thanks!

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm just so glad Alan ( Boatcop) posted this, I'd have hit the road and run smack into a WTF moment I know not where ? --- Knowing the Indians, probably when I encountered the blocked road and signs directing me to turn around and go back, you can't get there from here. 😂

westair

Reaction score
Now I'm going to have to find my wife a new place of comfort she finds sanity enough --- she loves that new 76 Travel Center in Ehrenberg, plus they're opening that Fatburger soon.
Haven't stopped in Blythe in forever, but if it's anything like I recall, she's not going to be happy.
Fatburger is open and busy but that might all change now

Taboma

Reaction score
Fatburger is open and busy but that might all change now

Considering how few cars I've ever encountered on Mohave Rd, I'm guessing the majority of their customers are I10 travelers --- or locals seeking better options ?

westair

Reaction score
Considering how few cars I've ever encountered on Mohave Rd, I'm guessing the majority of their customers are I10 travelers --- or locals seeking better options ?
You're probably right, the 76 center has been very busy ...... it is a regular stop for us though on the way to Mohave Rd

Singleton

Reaction score
You're probably right, the 76 center has been very busy ...... it is a regular stop for us though on the way to Mohave Rd

same
bathroom break and free soda :). A group I belong too associated with RV’s arranged free sodas (fountain drink) if you mention the group name to the cashier when getting gas.

Taboma

Reaction score

For years we stopped at the Pilot, but it was so crowded at times. Once the 76 opened and we discovered it was so clean, didn't have all the truckers or busloads, we were hooked. Fatburgers would really be fun. Of course I can piss anywhere, my wife is extremely picky about where her lilly white ass settles. 😂

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I'm sure with CRIT in the deal, things will run real smooth.....

Contract with Federal Contractor. CRIT's only role will be skimming off the top.

Here's the location (red dot) and approach to the bridge.

Approach from south

Bridge1.jpg

bridge2.jpg

Approach from North
Bridge4.jpg

Bridge3.jpg

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
They will most likely use farm roads as a detour, but I don't know if I'd take it while towing.

detour.jpg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Would the California side 95 to Agnes Wilson be a good detour? I couldn't see where exactly the closure was and I hate towing the toyhauler down rice.
I don’t like it at all. Short twisty up Down no visibility always caught behind a truck.
Your experience may vary.

Taboma

Reaction score
Read a March 10 update on this project, stating as Alan suggested, there's a detour(s) --- http://www.parkerliveonline.com/202...-road-completely-detours-for-larger-vehicles/

" The Mohave Road bridge project now underway by the CRIT Planning Department will not close the route completely, but there will be detours for larger vehicles and a 12-foot restriction.

As the main road through the Colorado River Indian Tribes reservation, Mohave Road (also known as CRIR 1) is a major thoroughfare linking the town of Parker and I-10. In recent weeks, CRIT announced a bridge reconstruction on the road at Tyson Wash.

The public is advised to avoid the route if possible, using US-95 on the California side of the Colorado River (Blythe to Parker via Vidal Junction) or Arizona SR-95 (Quartzsite to Parker).

The road will not be completely closed at any time, according to CRIT, with a 12-foot lane restriction and detours for semis and other large vehicles to US-95. But there may be delays as traffic slows while using a small detour. "

Wondering, has anybody been on it since they started construction ?

Mohave Road Closure update.JPG

Singleton

Reaction score
Has anyone driven this route in the last couple weeks.
Wife is joining me in Havasu Thursday, looking to route her the easiest route. Ehrenberg was our go to since our animals travel with us. So need an update, if this is drivable

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Wife is joining me in Havasu Thursday, looking to route her the easiest route. Ehrenberg was our go to since our animals travel with us. So need an update, if this is drivable
Went through Friday as Sunday last week and no real difference. Just some cones and construction signs

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Just went through yesterday and no delays.

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Why do people dislike Rice Road (177) so much...? Seems most people try to avoid that route..?? 🤔

Singleton

Reaction score
Why do people dislike Rice Road (177) so much...? Seems most people try to avoid that route..?? 🤔

my dog and my wife’s cat get car sick. Dips = puck for both even with drugs.
No dips, no barf.

added benefits, it takes the same amount of time and I don’t have to worry about folks bring idiots passing.

Taboma

Reaction score

Took that road 10 or more trips a year for over 12 years, then a string of ugly incidents, wife had enough carnage and is firmly against taking that route. So for the last 10, we haven't.
I personally don't care either way, and although a few minutes longer, I find the alternate far more relaxing, I like the stretch through the farmland.

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Understood... I get it... There are too many people trying to pass when they shouldn't... I will have to try the other route some day......?! Thanks guys.!

Icky

Reaction score
Glad to see it's still open, I was going to go through that way Thursday morning with the boat just to make sure it was still open for when I bring the toyhauler out

Singleton

Reaction score
Glad to see it's still open, I was going to go through that way Thursday morning with the boat just to make sure it was still open for when I bring the toyhauler out

I should of done that. Took the ToyHauler on rice Thursday. The wind sucked, the dog got sick and some folks were towing at 45 due to the wind, so it took forever

Icky

Reaction score
I should of done that. Took the ToyHauler on rice Thursday. The wind sucked, the dog got sick and some folks were towing at 45 due to the wind, so it took forever
I won't take the toyhauler on rice anymore, some people can't pass for shit. Plus the shoulders are wider and your closer to services going through Ehrenberg

Singleton

Reaction score
I won't take the toyhauler on rice anymore, some people can't pass for shit. Plus the shoulders are wider and your closer to services going through Ehrenberg

i forgot to ask for a road update, so I did it to avoid potential road closure with 40’ of trailer

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

It is such a more chill drive. Minimal passing, no dips and best part IMO is the new 76 gas station right off the 10. It is a great place to stop at on the way in and on the way out for a pee break and to get drinks/snacks. They also just opened up a Fatburger and Wetzels Pretzels inside too. If taking Rice, there is no services at all from Vidal until you get to Chiraco Summit.

Always nice to top off with those Az prices too at the 76 before crossing back into CA.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Took that road 10 or more trips a year for over 12 years, then a string of ugly incidents, wife had enough carnage and is firmly against taking that route. So for the last 10, we haven't.
I personally don't care either way, and although a few minutes longer, I find the alternate far more relaxing, I like the stretch through the farmland.
100%

Taboma

Reaction score
The Indian road doesn't seem to want to kill people!!!!!

You can see far far ahead, you can pass easily, and I've found on warm days it's a few degrees cooler. The only downside I've really experienced is the bugs and occasionally, butterflies. To bad you've got to detour through the farm fields for the foreseeable future, so I'm forced to report, it's officially closed now. ;) ;) 🥴

Taboma

Reaction score
It is such a more chill drive. Minimal passing, no dips and best part IMO is the new 76 gas station right off the 10. It is a great place to stop at on the way in and on the way out for a pee break and to get drinks/snacks. They also just opened up a Fatburger and Wetzels Pretzels inside too. If taking Rice, there is no services at all from Vidal until you get to Chiraco Summit.

Always nice to top off with those Az prices too at the 76 before crossing back into CA.

We love that new 76 !! In the beginning I was starting to wonder if anybody would notice, now I selfishly wish they hadn't.

Singleton

Reaction score
We love that new 76 !! In the beginning I was starting to wonder if anybody would notice, now I selfishly wish they hadn't.

better yet, if your part of a FB ToyHauler group, you get 1 free fountain drink per visit

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
The 10 from Desert Center to the AZ border is some of the worst highway I've been on in awhile. Good that they raised the gas tax so they can fix it. 🤣

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
my youngest dog pukes if i even exit I10 on rice rd. The buttery fly blooms going through the farms of crit can destroy a detail job.

Taboma

Reaction score
The 10 from Desert Center to the AZ border is some of the worst highway I've been on in awhile. Good that they raised the gas tax so they can fix it. 🤣

Really ? Slow lane is a little rough, but it's a dream stretch compared to eastbound I40 through Kingman and past about 20 or so miles. Those craters will eat 37" tires for lunch.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Really ? Slow lane is a little rough, but it's a dream stretch compared to eastbound I40 through Kingman and past about 20 or so miles. Those craters will eat 37" tires for lunch.
A little rough? On several straight sections my truck was dancing around changing direction, had to constantly correct it, boat seamed fine but I wasn't in it at the time so.... Haven't been on the 40 east of the 95 since 2018 when I drove to Long Island to pick up my boat. It was okay then, not great but better than that section of the 10 east.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
You can see far far ahead, you can pass easily, and I've found on warm days it's a few degrees cooler. The only downside I've really experienced is the bugs and occasionally, butterflies. To bad you've got to detour through the farm fields for the foreseeable future, so I'm forced to report, it's officially closed now. ;) ;) 🥴
No Chit!!! Better tell some friends to take I40, That'll make them happy. I'd detour through New York to not drive Rice Rd.

Taboma

Reaction score
A little rough? On several straight sections my truck was dancing around changing direction, had to constantly correct it, boat seamed fine but I wasn't in it at the time so.... Haven't been on the 40 east of the 95 since 2018 when I drove to Long Island to pick up my boat. It was okay then, not great but better than that section of the 10 east.

I realize I wrote Eastbound out of Kingman, I meant to write westbound through Kingman towards Havasu -- Oops.
No Chit!!! Better tell some friends to take I40, That'll make them happy. I'd detour through New York to not drive Rice Rd.
I agree the 10 slow lane in areas is rough, but I'm not towing, so not feeling obliged to sit in the slow lane unless I see somebody coming up so I give em the lane.
But I'm telling you, if you tow west of Kingman on 40, those holes are wheel busters.