WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Contractor and Quote Needed in Fontana, CA

CobraDave

Reaction score
When we had this house built instead of having a 4th bedroom we decided on a master bedroom extension instead. We are realizing it was a mistake and now am looking for someone to frame and drywall it in, then cut and install a door and move the light switch to make that 4th bedroom. I’d like it done right the first time. Any ideas of the cost and a contractor I could use? I can’t imagine it would be too much but who knows.
IMG_8427.jpg

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8429.jpg

IMG_8430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraDave

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation or can handle the project? I’m looking to start ASAP.

Spot

Reaction score
We had a similar project and Chris Fitchum did a great job. 760-553-3569

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation or can handle the project? I’m looking to start ASAP.

I don’t do residential but will you have to change the paperwork on the house from a 3 to 4 bedroom. ?

CobraDave

Reaction score
@Jacob Sandoval you feel like framing and hanging a wall?

Thanks for looking around VIC. I bet you have a few people that comes to mind. Like I said I think it should just be framing, some insulation, drywall and finishing, cutting and hanging a matching door, some trim and moving a light switch to the new door.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I don’t do residential but will you have to change the paperwork on the house from a 3 to 4 bedroom. ?

I don't see a closet in any of his photos.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
You don’t insulate interior walls.

You could do this yourself in a weekend for under $500 in materials if you have battery drill, a hammer, a circular saw, a $20 plastic mitre box setup, a level, a drywall knife or 2, and a paint brush and roller. We can help

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I don't see a closet in any of his photos.

Easily done on the back wall. I’d be sure to pull a permit it to change the house to include the extra bedroom for resale value.

Last edited:

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
We used Gary McGinnis to remodel our kitchen, extend our pantry and do some other work around our house in Fontana. I know that he was doing work for Rotolo Chevrolet and Fontana PD when he was doing our kitchen, as well.

Gary is a good guy who you can trust as a contractor...he was great to us!

I do not believe that he is a member here but he does have a place in LHC.

We are in Fontana also so let me know if you want pictures or feel free to come by if you want to see their work.

McGinnis Remodeling in Upland, Ca.
909-981-7034

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
How thick is the wall at the opening, 12''? Looks like a good place for a Murphy bed.

CobraDave

Reaction score
We had a similar project and Chris Fitchum did a great job. 760-553-3569

Chris is booked out until February

You don’t insulate interior walls.

You could do this yourself in a weekend for under $500 in materials if you have battery drill, a hammer, a circular saw, a $20 plastic mitre box setup, a level, a drywall knife or 2, and a paint brush and roller. We can help

Tempting but I don’t want to Destroy It Yourself.

Easily done on the back wall. I’d be sure to pull a permit it to change the house to include the extra bedroom for resale value.

So when I look up the house on Zillow and Redfin, it shows the house as 4 bedrooms. I bet it’s written up that way on the plans.

rrrr

Reaction score

I used the walk in closet space in a bedroom to expand our laundry room. To replace the closet, I just built a wall across the end of the bedroom with a framed opening for a mirrored slider.

The mirrored door made the room look larger, and the 28" inside dimension of the closet along with Elfa wire shelving and accessories from the Container Store gave it function and good looks.