WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Contractors Docusign

hallett21

Reaction score
Any of the trades using Docusign for contracts?

I’ve always sent contracts to be signed and emailed back. Running into an issue with a client that says “I don’t have time to do that”. They’ve paid all of their bills up to this point (50k).

But the last payment has taken 21 days and I know better than to work without signatures. Previous payments were 7 days or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCP3

Reaction score
They don't have time to sign a contract, but I am sure they want the work done in a timely manner... BS.

I have been on the subcontractor side of DocuSign and it seems legit.

hallett21

Reaction score
They don't have time to sign a contract, but I am sure they want the work done in a timely manner... BS.

If it could be done yesterday that would be great. They are a big time “production” company and like to flaunt who they know and how bright my future is.

I don’t care one way or the other as long as the money keeps coming in. In reality they are a good contact. I just want to keep my ducks in a row before things get “uncomfortable”.

hallett21

Reaction score
Damn, who gets paid in 7 days? most of our customers are 30 days and some are 45.......

We have clients that pay at 30 and 60 days. But I bid based upon that knowledge, and always inform our subs.

Not so worried about the payment time (I’ll just adjust future bids) as I am about them not signing contracts.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
we use it all the time. in quite a few cases we won the job over other contractors due to how easy we made it.

Docusign held up recently in court for us when a customer claimed they didn't ever sign a contract therefore shouldn't have to pay. due t the way docusign works Judge said it held more weight than a wet signature.

BingerFang

Reaction score
We use Docusign everyday for equipment financing contracts. No time? No problem. You can sign on your smartphone while you're taking your next dump.

Very safe, very secure and highly recommended.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Bought a house out of state and did a business car loan both with Docusign.

Icky

Reaction score
Are all your interactions backed up with an email trail as well? We can have as many conversations as you want, but I always follow up with an email so theirs a record of it.

79howard

Reaction score
Use Docusign almost everyday as a financial advisor. Can’t speak for the trades but it is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Same here. They send me the DocuSign. I forward it to my VP. He does the online signatures and I get a completed e mail within the hour.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Docusign is great. Cost is minimal and makes everyone’s life easier on both side of the contract.

C-2

Reaction score
E signature services are convenient for people who are familiar with modern technologies. If you are reading this post, then you fall into that category and you should be fine.

But, e signature services in the trades can also be used as a tool to perpetrate fraud upon older folks. Keep an eye on your parents/grandparents if they intend to e-sign a contract. Be vigilant! :)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just sold my house with the only wet signature needed was the notarized final ones. Otherwise all documents were docu signed. It could not make things easier.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Docusign would be great. Good suggestion. I wont start until the contract is signed and returned, they find the time. Payment schedule and how long they have to pay is important. If there is no bank involved im not floating a dollar for a home owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
Docusign works great

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
most GC I work with use it. Easy to use, painless, plus I have a executed contract normally the same day. With an email backup trail.
I like using it.

JM21

Reaction score
Use it every day. Best program ever.

They just went public. Check out their stock. DOCU.

So far, so good.

IMG_5484.png

CigAjerk

Reaction score
Just had a tile sub return my sub agreement last week. First smaller guy I've seen use docusign but it definitely changed my requirements for everyone else moving forward.

DLC

Reaction score
Anyone know what it cost?

is it by the signatur, or how many pages of documents ?

DLC

Reaction score
That’s actually cheap! When you think about a wet signature and then have to handle It and file it away.

Hammer

Reaction score
That’s actually cheap! When you think about a wet signature and then have to handle It and file it away.

Agreed. Roughly $25.00 a month. I’m sure you can pass that fee back to the customer.

Reactions: DLC

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I use it too.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We use it all the time, works great. Anybody who doesn’t have time to sign via docusign also does not have time to tie their shoes or wash their hands after pissing

DLC

Reaction score
We use it all the time, works great. Anybody who doesn’t have time to sign via docusign also does not have time to tie their shoes or wash their hands after pissing

or have time to pay you when your finished!