WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cook books...wacha got?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I've bought a few here and there, and most of em sucked. I like to be able to taste my food. I'm so not into bland!

My first favorite is from Ree Drumund, The Pioneer Woman. All of her stuff will stick to your sides. I think all of her recipes call for two sticks of butter! lol

A friend just gave me a book for Christmas from a place called The Test Kitchen. The name sounds kinna funky, but so far, everything I've made from it has been GOOD!

You guys got anything good??

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My Grandmother's church cookbook with her own recipes written in the margins. Some damn good food in that little book.

TeamGreene

Reaction score

Gelcoater

Reaction score
E1E5A0AD-71DB-4DB1-B477-E675F3718A73.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Pretty sure ole Cowboy Kent Rollins has a book or two? I’ve followed a couple of his YouTube recipes and they were fairly kick ass.
I just did his Cowboy coffee method at Glamis and now that I’m home I’m half tempted to toss out the Keurig😂

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
^^^^look at that guy^^^^^

"you are what you eat"

BTW, you can;t go wrong with ANY of the ATK cookbook series. My woman is a strict vegan and their vegan book from the test kitchen made her very happy. She loved the mushroom bolognese.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Pretty sure ole Cowboy Kent Rollins has a book or two? I’ve followed a couple of his YouTube recipes and they were fairly kick ass.
I just did his Cowboy coffee method at Glamis and now that I’m home I’m half tempted to toss out the Keurig😂

He does, I have his first and he put a new one out last year. Haven't made a bad meal out of it yet, plus his stories are great to read.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Chef Paul Prudohme. I have all of his books. Cajun slant on everything. I used to figure if I got one good go to recipe from a book it was worth it. All of his books have multiples I still use.
His first book is the one to have. It did 1 printing then they stopped. It has all of his seasoning mix recipes. They then started selling his spice mixes and stopped the book.
Best bbq chicken I’ve ever had. Cajun RB that I’ve modified for tri tip, cottage pie, jambalaya.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Toss it. Get a French Press if you like your coffee Strong.